We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages
consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site
registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our
service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products
or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal
activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person,
violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- We transfer information about you if The Linguist Institute or LingQ is acquired by or merged with another
company. In this event, The Linguist Institute will notify you before information about you is transferred and
Information gathering and usage
- When you register for LingQ we ask for information such as your name, country, email address, and credit card
information. Members who sign up for the free account are not required to enter a credit card.
- LingQ uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision,
billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
- LingQ may use analytics to analyze your activity data on the site to help us track and optimize our functionality.
- LingQ may use remarketing to register that you have visited the site and then advertise LingQ to you through
ads based on your past visits to LingQ.
the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your
browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Cookies are required to use the LingQ website.
a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
The Linguist Institute uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software,
networking, storage, and related technology required to run LingQ. Although The Linguist Institute owns the code,
databases, and all rights to the LingQ application, you retain all rights to your data.
- The Linguist Institute may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as
to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
The Linguist Institute may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the
way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the email address specified in your LingQ account or by
placing a prominent notice on our site.
The Linguist Institute, 200-2232 Marine Drive, West Vancouver, BC, Canada, V7V1K4.