Would you like to become part of the LingQ team? We are always looking for exceptional, passionate people to join our team and help make LingQ better!
We are not always actively looking for specific positions but if you feel you have something to contribute to LingQ, we are always interested in hearing from you. At the moment, we are looking to fill the following position(s):
Manager of Learner Success
Are you ready to help the world learn languages? Are you energetic, enthusiastic and a power user of technology and the web? LingQ is a language learning app which enables learners to learn from “content they love”. Therefore, ensuring users get started properly and discover all our great functionality is crucial to our success.
We are looking for someone to be responsible for managing the customer journey from the newbie stage through to managing retention long term. This includes maintaining and keeping our help materials up to date, keeping users aware of new functionality as it develops and letting users know how to get the most out of our application. Most importantly, it means analyzing and optimizing our new user messaging across platforms and optimizing this messaging to bring about the desired usage of our core features.
LingQ is looking for a highly motivated, detailed, creative person focused on analyzing metrics and trying to continually drive increased and better usage of our app. You will be a core part of our small team and involved in all aspects of the learner experience and how that experience is delivered.
The successful applicant should be well versed in technology and have a strong interest in languages.
- Refine and optimize new user onboarding to increase new user engagement and success
- Refine and optimize ongoing user interactions in order to improve retention in the short and longer term
- Communicating with and understanding churned users in order to improve ongoing onboarding and retention efforts
- Develop and execute creative strategies for encouraging usage of new and existing functionality
- Interact and work with the product team to help determine product strategy and design
- Manage, create, and update support information including knowledge base articles, videos and in app user guides.
- Source additional high quality learning content and partnerships to enhance the learner experience
- Implement strategies to foster community involvement
- A/B test all aspects of web and mobile activation messaging
- Use analytics tools and key metrics to drive all decisions
- Manage localization of support materials
- A passion for language learning
- A passion for helping people achieve their language learning goals
- Keen interest in technology and using technology to deliver education
- Familiarity with and interest in existing web and mobile options for education
- Passion for testing, analyzing, and iterating
- Extremely detail oriented
- Excellent time management & organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment
The world wants to learn languages. Content - interesting, comprehensible, appropriate, compelling - determines success or failure. Language content is available like never before, yet learners struggle to find what they need.
Are you energetic, enthusiastic and a sophisticated user of technology and the web? LingQ is an app which optimizes learning languages from compelling content. Facilitating access to content that is appropriate and relevant for each learner is crucial to our value proposition.
The Content Manager position will :
- Manage, curate, and oversee the generation and organization of all content in LingQ’s multi-language content libraries.
- Help design how the content is displayed, to ensure relevant content discovery for learners.
- Produce explanatory material, videos, webinars, etc..to ensure learners know how to find content relevant to their interests and level, within LingQ’s libraries.
- Produce material, videos, webinars, etc. explaining how to find relevant content outside of LingQ’s libraries, and how these can be integrated with LingQ.
- Find and make members aware of content sources and other information relevant to the languages offered at LingQ.
- Seek out potential partnerships for LingQ, with providers of professionally produced content that would be of benefit to LingQ’s users.
- Measure and review content interaction on our apps, both native content and imported, to make sure we are improving content interaction.
- Regularly review the quality and appropriateness of content in our libraries.
The successful candidate must be a good communicator, spoken and in writing. Preference will be given to applicants who have achieved fluency in a number of languages. LingQ’s goal is to optimize language learning from compelling content. The task of optimizing the content itself is an important new challenge. Therefore, the successful candidate must show dedication to this task, enthusiasm and be a willing learner.
LingQ is breaking new ground in the multi-billion dollar language learning industry and catering to the universal desire to explore other languages and cultures. Become part of an exciting and rewarding project . Help us continue building LingQ into the premier language learning app.
Interested in joining our team? Email your cover letter, telling us why you would be a good fit for LingQ, and your resume to jobs[at]lingq[dot]com.
LingQ offers competitive salaries and full benefits. We are open to working remotely. We are looking for the best person for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Unfortunately, time allows us to only contact those candidates who are short-listed.
We look forward to hearing from you!