第 50集 : 外国人 对 中国 人 的 误解 Common Misunderstandings about China
Episode 50 : Missverständnisse von Ausländern über Chinesen Allgemeine Missverständnisse über China
Episode 50: Common Misunderstandings about China by foreigners
Episodio 50 : Malentendidos de los extranjeros sobre los chinos Malentendidos comunes sobre China
Episodio 50: Comuni malintesi sulla Cina da parte di stranieri
第50回:外国人の中国人に対する誤解 中国に対する共通の誤解
第 50集 : 外国人 对 中国 人 的 误解 Common Misunderstandings about China
外国人 对 中国 人 的 误解
Foreigners misunderstand Chinese people
朋友 们 你们好 ,欢迎 回到 茶 歇 中文 ,我 是Nathan。
如果 这 是 你 第一次 听 我们 的 播客 的话 ,欢迎。
在 这里 ,我们 用 简单 的 中文 ,介绍 有意思 的 话题。
你 正在 收听 的 是 播客 的 第 50集。
时间 过得 很快。
time flies.
从 茶 歇 中文 开始 到 现在 已经 一年 半 了。
It has been a year and a half since Tea Break Chinese started.
在 这 一年 半里 ,有 的 朋友 给 我们 写 电子邮件 ,有 的 朋友 在 YouTube 上 关注 我们 ,有 的 朋友 参加 Duolingo Events 的 活动 ,也 有 的 朋友 成为 Patreon 支持 我们。
In the past year and a half, some of our friends have written us emails, some have followed us on YouTube, some have attended Duolingo Events events, and some have become Patreon supporters.
我 ,Scott,还有 TY 会 继续 努力 的。
我 相信 ,在 不久 的 将来 ,我们 会 做 第 100集 的 播客。
I believe that in the near future we will be doing the 100th episode of the podcast.
“在 不久 的 将来 ”,我 很 喜欢 这个 表达。
"In the near future", I like this expression very much.
我们 在 写作 的 时候 ,会 用到 这个 表达。
We use this expression when we write.
我们 说 :在 不久 的 将来 ,会 发生 什么 什么 事情。
We said: what will happen in the near future.
意思 就是 :这件 事情 很快 会 发生。
It means: this thing is going to happen soon.
这件 事情 不久 之后 会 发生。
This will happen shortly.
“在 不久 的 将来 ” 英文 的 翻译 是:in the near future。
你 可以 说 :在 不久 的 将来 ,我会 去 中国。
在 不久 的 将来 ,我 的 中文 会 跟 中国 人 一样 好。
In the near future, my Chinese will be as good as the Chinese.
在 不久 的 将来 ,你 会 做 什么 呢?
What will you be doing in the near future?
总之 ,茶 歇 中文 的 团队 会 更 努力 地 工作 ,因为 我们 想 给 外国 朋友 介绍 中国 文化。
In a word, the tea break Chinese team will work harder, because we want to introduce Chinese culture to foreign friends.
现在 ,我 在 法国。
我 真的 发现 ,很多 法国人 不 了解 中国。
I really found that many French people don't understand China.
有 的 法国人 告诉 我 :他们 真的 不想 去 中国。
Some French people told me: They really don't want to go to China.
或者 ,他们 真的 对 中文 一点 兴趣 也 没有。
Or, they really have no interest in Chinese at all.
然后 ,我 发现 ,法国人 对 中国 人有 很多 的 误解 ,很多 的 minunderstanding。
他们 知道 的 中国 ,是 电视 里 的 中国 ,是 新闻 里 的 中国。
The China they know is the China on TV and the China on the news.
我 相信 ,不仅 是 法国人 ,别的 国家 的 人 也 有 一样 的 误解。
I believe that not only the French, but also people from other countries have the same misunderstanding.
在 今天 的 播客 里 ,我 就 想 跟 大家 分享 几个 我 听到 的 ,法国人 对于 中国 人 的 误解。
In today's podcast, I just want to share with you a few misunderstandings that I have heard about the French people about the Chinese.
你 准备 好了吗?
第一个 误解 :中国 很脏 最近 ,在 公司 里 ,我 告诉 一个 同事 ,说 我 来自 上海。
The first misconception: China is dirty Recently, in the company, I told a colleague that I was from Shanghai.
他 听 了 ,说 :我 听说 上海 是 一个 很脏 的 地方。
He listened and said, "I have heard that Shanghai is a very dirty place.
我 听 了 ,很 吃惊 ,问 他 :你 是 在 哪里 听说 的?
I was surprised when I heard it, and asked him: Where did you hear about it?
他 说 :我 看 了 一个 讲 上海 的 视频。
He said: I watched a video about Shanghai.
在 视频 里 ,上海 很脏。
我 说 :这是 对于 上海 的 误解!
虽然 上海 可能 有 一些 脏 的 地方 ,但是 一般来说 ,上海 是 一个 很 干净 的 城市。
Although Shanghai may have some dirty places, generally speaking, Shanghai is a very clean city.
在 上海 ,我们 有 很多 的 垃圾桶。
In Shanghai, we have many trash cans.
我 经常 告诉 别人 ,在 上海 ,每隔 十米 就 有 一个 垃圾桶。
I often tell people that in Shanghai, there is a trash can every ten meters.
这里 是 一个 垃圾桶。
Here is a trash can.
走 十米 ,又 是 一个 垃圾桶。
After walking ten meters, there was another trash can.
很少 有人 会 把 垃圾 扔 在 地上。
Few people throw rubbish on the ground.
上海 的 路上 也 有 很多 清洁工。
There are also many cleaners on the roads in Shanghai.
清洁工 就是 一个 打扫 垃圾 的 人。
在 上海 ,我们 经常 会 看见 清洁工。
他们 很 辛苦 ,经常 早上 五点 ,六点 就 开始 工作。
你们 可以 想象 ,当 我 的 同事 说 上海 很脏 的 时候 ,我 是 多么 地 吃惊?
Can you imagine how surprised I was when my colleagues said Shanghai was dirty?
我 说 ,不 不 不 ,上海 是 一个 很 干净 的 城市!
我 的 同事 相信 我 吗?
我 不 知道。
第二个 误解 :中国 人 喜欢 吃 狗肉 已经 有 好几个 法国人 问过 我 :你 吃 狗肉 吗?
这个 问题 让 我 很 吃惊 ,因为 我 从来没 见过 有人 吃 狗肉 ,也 从来 没有 吃 过 狗肉。
我 想 告诉 大家 的 是 :不是 所有 的 中国 人 都 吃 狗肉。
What I want to tell you is: not all Chinese eat dog meat.
世界 上 也 不是 只有 中国 人 吃 狗肉。
The Chinese are not the only ones in the world who eat dog meat.
我们 先 来看 第一句 话 :不是 所有 的 中国 人 都 吃 狗肉。
Let's look at the first sentence first: not all Chinese eat dog meat.
确实 ,中国 的 一些 地方 有 吃 狗肉 的 文化。
Indeed, some parts of China have a culture of eating dog meat.
古代 ,中国 的 皇帝 请 大家 吃饭 ,有时候 就是 吃 狗肉。
In ancient times, Chinese emperors invited everyone to dinner, and sometimes they just ate dog meat.
打仗 的 时候 呢 ,没有 很多 吃 的 东西 ,人们 也 会 吃 狗肉。
During the war, there was not much to eat, and people would eat dog meat.
到 了 今天 ,在 中国 的 南方 ,比如说 广东 和 广西 ,还是 有人 吃 狗肉。
但是 别的 地方 ,比如说 上海 ,就 没有 吃 狗肉 的 文化。
我们 再 来看 第二句 话 :世界 上 不是 只有 中国 人 吃 狗肉。
Let's look at the second sentence again: Chinese people are not the only ones in the world who eat dog meat.
确实 ,在 东方 的 国家 和 西方 的 国家 ,人们 都 有 吃 狗肉 的 历史。
Indeed, people have a history of eating dog meat in Eastern and Western countries.
今天 ,在 日本 ,韩国 ,朝鲜 ,越南 这些 国家 ,都 有 一些 地方 还有 吃 狗肉 的 文化。
Today, in Japan, Korea, North Korea and Vietnam, there are places where the culture of eating dog meat still exists.
在 西方 国家 ,比如说 法国 ,德国 ,瑞士 这些 国家 ,人们 也 都 有 过 吃 狗肉 的 历史。
人们 一说 吃 狗肉 ,就 想到 中国 ,是 不 对 的。
When people talk about eating dog meat, they think of China, which is wrong.
今天 ,如果 你 听见 有人 说 :我 不 喜欢 中国 人 ,因为 他们 吃 狗肉。
请 你 一定 要 告诉 他们 ,这是 一个 对于 中国 的 很大 的 误解。
第三个 误解 :关于 新疆 法国 的 年轻人 对 新疆 的 事情 很 关心 ,这 让 我 很 吃惊。
The third misunderstanding: About Xinjiang French young people are very concerned about Xinjiang, which surprised me.
他们 告诉 我 :中国 对 维吾尔族 人 做 了 很 不好 的 事情!
They told me: China has done very bad things to Uighurs!
我 认为 ,这 也 是 一个 误解。
I think this is also a misunderstanding.
在 播客 的 第 6集里 ,我们 已经 讲过 新疆 的 事情 ,和 维吾尔族 的 历史。
In the sixth episode of the podcast, we have already talked about things in Xinjiang and the history of the Uyghurs.
如果 感兴趣 的话 ,一定 要 去 听 一 听。
If you are interested, you must go and listen to it.
我 在 上 大学 的 时候 ,有 好几个 维吾尔族 的 朋友。
When I was in college, I had several Uighur friends.
我 经常 和 他们 吃饭。
I often eat with them.
我 的 大学 给 穆斯林 的 学生 准备 了 食堂。
My university has a cafeteria for Muslim students.
我们 经常 去 那里 吃饭。
We often go there for dinner.
有时候 ,我们 也 会 去 学校 旁边 的 别的 穆斯林 的 餐馆 吃饭。
Sometimes, we also go to other Muslim restaurants next to the school to eat.
我 的 维吾尔族 朋友 教过 我 用 维吾尔语 说 :你好 ,谢谢。
My Uyghur friends have taught me to say in Uyghur: Hello, thank you.
我 记得 “你好 ” 是 salem,”谢谢 ” 是 rahmet。
我 有时候 也 会 帮助 我 的 维吾尔族 的 朋友 准备 考试。
在 大学 里 ,老师 们 也 很 关心 新疆 同学 ,因为 老师 们 知道 :有 一些 新疆 维吾尔族 的 同学 的 普通话 不好 ,上课 听不懂。
In the university, the teachers are also very concerned about the Xinjiang students, because the teachers know that some Xinjiang Uyghur students cannot speak Mandarin well and cannot understand them in class.
如果 维吾尔族 同学 考试 考得 不好 ,学校 很少 会 让 他们 补考。
If Uyghur students do not do well in the exam, the school rarely allows them to make up the exam.
补考 的 意思 就是 :再 做 一次 考试。
Make-up exam means: take the exam again.
补考 就是 英文 里 的:resit an exam。
一般 ,如果 考试 考得 不好 ,我们 就要 补考。
Generally speaking, if we don't do well in an examination, we have to make up our books.
我们 就要 resit。
We'll just have to resit.
但是 ,新疆 同学 很少 会 补考。
However, Xinjiang students seldom take make-up exams.
现在 ,我 已经 大学毕业 了。
Now, I have graduated from college.
有时候 ,我 在 微信 WeChat 上 还 能 看见 我的 维吾尔族 朋友 发 的 照片 和 视频。
Sometimes, I can still see photos and videos posted by my Uyghur friends on WeChat.
我 看见 我 的 朋友 们 和 家人 吃饭 ,唱歌 ,跳舞。
I see my friends and family eating, singing, dancing.
也 有 维吾尔族 同学 在 新疆 找 了 工作。
There are also Uighur students who have found jobs in Xinjiang.
在 法国 呢 ,我 也 去过 维吾尔族 的 餐馆。
In France, I have also been to Uighur restaurants.
在 法国 ,很多 人 都 觉得 中国 人 不 喜欢 维吾尔族 人。
In France, many people feel that the Chinese don't like Uyghurs.
这 不是 真的。
This is not true.
我 看见 ,中国 的 政府 非常 鼓励 维吾尔族人 上 大学 ,找 工作。
I saw that the Chinese government strongly encourages Uyghurs to go to university and find jobs.
维吾尔族 的 学生 很 容易 去 好 的 大学。
It is easy for Uyghur students to go to good universities.
在 中国 ,我们 也 都 觉得 维吾尔族 人 很漂亮。
In China, we also all think Uyghurs are beautiful.
每年 ,很多 人去 新疆 旅游。
Every year, many people travel to Xinjiang.
我 没有 去过 新疆 ,所以 不 知道 外国 的 新闻 里 说 的 是不是 真的。
I have never been to Xinjiang, so I don't know if what is said in the foreign news is true.
我 觉得 有 的 东西 可能 是 真的 ,但是 有 的 东西 是 假 的。
I think some things may be true, but some things are not.
刚刚 我 讲 了 法国人 对 中国 人 的 三个 误解。
I have just mentioned three misconceptions that the French have about the Chinese.
最后 ,我 想 说 说 自己 的 看法。
Finally, I would like to say my own opinion.
我 经常 看 美国 ,英国 ,日本 ,法国 的 新闻。
I often watch news from the US, UK, Japan, and France.
在 这些 新闻 里 ,每次 说 到 中国 ,几乎 都 是 说 不好 的 事情。
In these news, every time China is mentioned, it is almost always a bad thing.
有 的 时候 ,这些 关于 中国 的 新闻 还有 灰色 的 滤镜 ,还有 很 奇怪 的 音乐 ,看了 这些 新闻 人们 很 容易 觉得 中国 是 一个 很 可怕 的 地方。
Sometimes these news stories about China have a gray filter and strange music, and it's easy to think that China is a scary place when you read them.
我 觉得 这 是 不 公平 的。
I don't think it's fair.
确实 ,中国 有 很多 不好 的 地方。
Indeed, there are many bad things about China.
我 也 在 播客 里 经常 和 大家 分享 中国 需要 进步 的 地方 ,但是 我们 也 有 好 的 地方。
I also often share with you in the podcast where China needs to improve, but we also have good places.
外国 的 新闻 这样 做 ,我 觉得 是 政治 的 原因。
I think it's political reasons for foreign news to do this.
在 中国 的 新闻 里 呢 ,每次 说 到 西方 的 国家 ,也 都 是 很 不好 的 事情。
In the Chinese news, every time a Western country is mentioned, it is also a very bad thing.
在 中国 的 新闻 里 ,西方人 都 是 坏人。
In Chinese news, Westerners are all bad guys.
在 西方 的 新闻 里 ,中国 人 都 是 坏人。
In the Western press, the Chinese are the bad guys.
这样 ,我们 就 互相 有 很多 的 误解。
In this way, we have many misunderstandings with each other.
我们 怎么 真的 了解 一个 国家 呢?
How do we really know a country?
我们 怎么 避免 误解 呢?
How can we avoid misunderstandings?
我 觉得 ,学习 语言 就是 一个 很 好 的 办法。
I think that learning a language is a good way to do that.
如果 我们 会 别的 语言 ,我们 就 可以 用 外语 来看 别的 国家 的 视频 ,别的 国家 的 新闻 ,和 别的 国家 的 人 交朋友 ,然后 我们 就 会 发现 :原来 ,我们 新闻 里 看见 的 ,不 一定 就是 真的。
If we know other languages, we can use foreign languages to watch videos from other countries, news from other countries, and make friends with people from other countries. It must be true.
所以 ,我 想 谢谢 大家 那么 努力 地 学习 中文。
这是 了解 中国 的 最好 的 办法。
This is the best way to understand China.
今天 ,我 跟 大家 分享 了 外国人 对 中国 的 三个 误解。
当然 ,我 觉得 还有 别的 误解。
Of course, I think there are other misunderstandings.
下次 ,当 你 听到 有人 说 刚才 的 三件 事情 的 时候 ,请 你 帮助 我 ,告诉 你 的 朋友 ,说 :这是 新闻 里 的 中国。
Next time, when you hear someone say the three things just now, please help me, tell your friends, and say: This is China in the news.
这是 一个 误解!
今天 的 播客 不 简单。
Today's podcast is not a simple one.
在 不久 的 将来 ,我们 的 朋友 Scott 会 把 这 一集 的 原文 放在 网站 上。
In the near future, our friend Scott will put the original text of this episode on the website.
最近 ,我们 收到 了 很多 电子邮件 ,问 我们 :Patreon上 有 播客 的 拼音 的 版本 吗?
Recently, we have received a lot of emails asking us: Is there a pinyin version of the podcast on Patreon?
我们 的 回答 是 :有 的!
Our answer is: Yes!
从播客 的 第 49集 开始 ,我们 会 把 每 一次 的 播客 做成 拼音 的 版本 ,然后 放在 Patreon 上 ,给 大家 下载。
Starting from the 49th episode of the podcast, we will make each podcast into a pinyin version, and then put it on Patreon for everyone to download.
希望 你 能 去 看看。
那么 今天 的 茶 歇 中文 播客 就 到 这里。
So that's it for today's Tea Break Chinese podcast.
感谢 大家 的 收听 和 支持。
我 是 Nathan。
我们 下 一集 节目 再见。
We'll see you in the next episode.