第 43集 : 普通话 的 历史 The History of Mandarin Chinese
Episode 43 : Die Geschichte des Mandarin-Chinesisch
Episode 43 : The History of Mandarin Chinese
Episodio 43 : La historia del chino mandarín
第43話「北京語の歴史
朋友 们 好 ,欢迎 回到 茶 歇 中文 ,我 是Nathan。
在 今天 的 节目 开始 之前 ,我 有 一个 好消息 ,想要 告诉 大家 ,那 就是 :茶 歇 中文 有 了 一个 新 的 成员。
Before we begin today's program, I have some good news for you all: we have a new member of the Chinese Tea Break.
你 可能 已经 认识 两个 成员 :我 和Scott。
You may already know two members: me and Scott.
现在 ,我们 有 了 第三个 成员。
她 的 名字 叫TY。
我们 来 听听 她 的 自我介绍 吧。
Let's hear her introduce herself.
“ 各位 茶 歇 中文 的 听众 朋友 们 大家 好。
"Hello, all the listeners and friends of Tea Break Chinese.
我 是TY。
我 是 一个 土生土长 的 重庆 女孩儿 ,意思 是 :我 在 重庆 出生 ,也 在 重庆 长大。
现在 呢 ,我 也 住 在 重庆。
Now, I also live in Chongqing.
非常 荣幸 ,也 非常 开心 ,能够 加入 茶 歇 中文。
I am very honored and very happy to be able to join Tea Break Chinese.
希望 以后 能够 和 Nathan,Scott 一起 为 大家 带 去 有意思 的 ,有 价值 的 ,适合 我们 大脑 自然 地 学习 的 中文 内容。
I hope that I can bring you interesting and valuable Chinese content with Nathan and Scott in the future, which is suitable for our brain to learn naturally.
我 特别 感兴趣 中国 的 汉字 ,以及 两个 很 像 的 词语 ,他们 到底 有 什么 小小的 不 一样 呢?
I am particularly interested in Chinese characters and two very similar words. What is the difference between them?
期待 和 你 分享 这些 内容。
Looking forward to sharing these with you.
那 我们 到时候 再见 咯!
Then we will see you then!
”
"
谢谢 你 ,TY,欢迎 你 加入 茶 歇 中文。
Thank you, TY, and welcome to Tea Break Chinese.
有 了 你 ,我 相信 茶 歇 中文 会 变得 越来越 好 ,也 会 帮助 越来越 多 的 朋友 学习 中文。
With you, I believe that tea break Chinese will become better and better, and it will help more and more friends to learn Chinese.
大家 听得出来 ,我 和 TY的 说话 风格 不太 一样。
As you can hear, I don't have the same speaking style as TY.
聞いての通り、タイと私は話すスタイルが違う。
让 大家 听听 不 一样 的 中文 ,可能 也 是 很 有意思 的。
It may also be interesting to let everyone listen to different Chinese.
我 是 上海 人 ,Scott是 广东 人 ,TY是 重庆 人。
以后 我们 可能 会 一起 出现 在 播客 和 YouTube视频 里。
We might be on podcasts and YouTube videos together in the future.
大家 可以 听听 ,我们 的 中文 有 什么 不 一样。
You can listen to us, what is the difference between our Chinese.
今天 的 播客 还是 我 一个 人来 做。
Today's podcast is still done by myself.
今天 ,我们 会聊 什么 话题 呢?
今日はどんなトピックについて話そうか?
今天 ,我们 要 聊 的 话题 是 :普通话 的 历史。
Today, the topic we want to talk about is: the history of Mandarin.
我 相信 ,现在 听播客 的 朋友 们 都 在 学习 普通话。
I believe that my friends who listen to podcasts now are learning Mandarin.
我 现在 说 的 是 普通话 ,TY刚才 说 的 也 是 普通话。
I am speaking in Mandarin now, and what TY just said was also Mandarin.
中国 人 是 什么 时候 开始 说 普通话 的?
普通话 是 北京 话 吗?
Is Mandarin a Beijing dialect?
中国 人 为什么 要说 普通话?
Why do Chinese people speak Mandarin?
这是 我们 今天 要 回答 的 问题。
This is the question we will answer today.
你 准备 好了吗?
Are you ready?
同一个 语言 ,在 不 一样 的 地方 ,就 有 不 一样 的 口音。
The same language has different accents in different places.
英语 有 很多 口音 ,日语 有 很多 口音 ,汉语 当然 也 有 很多 口音。
为什么 一个 语言 会 有 很多 口音 呢?
Why does a language have so many accents?
这 是因为 以前 的 人 很少 旅游 ,很少 去 远 的 地方。
This is because people rarely traveled in the past and seldom went to faraway places.
现在 ,我们 可以 坐飞机 ,坐火车 旅游 ,去 很 远 的 地方 ,但是 以前 的 人 不 一样。
他们 常常 一辈子 都 住 在 一个 地方。
They often live in one place all their lives.
不同 地方 的 人 很少 见面 ,很少 一起 说话。
People from different places rarely meet and rarely talk together.
时间 久 了 ,他们 就 会 有 自己 的 说话 的 风格 ,这 就是 口音。
Over time, they will have their own style of speaking, which is the accent.
中国 是 一个 很大 的 国家 ,有 很多 地方 ,当然 也 有 很多 口音 ,很多 的 方言。
China is a big country with many places, and of course there are many accents and dialects.
很 长时间 ,中国 都 是 没有 普通话 的。
For a long time, there was no Mandarin in China.
每个 地方 的 人 说 自己 的 方言。
People everywhere speak their own dialect.
虽然 每个 地方 都 有 自己 的 方言 ,但是 有 的 地方 更 重要 ,所以 更多人 说 这个 方言。
Although each place has its own dialect, some places are more important, so more people speak this dialect.
在 古代 的 中国 ,有 一个 方言 很 重要 ,那 就是 南京 的 方言 ,也 就是 “南京 话”。
In ancient China, there was a dialect that was very important, that is the dialect of Nanjing, which is also called "Nanjing dialect".
南京 在 哪里?
Where is Nanjing?
南京 离 上海 不远。
Nanjing is not far from Shanghai.
今天 ,从 上海 去 南京 ,坐火车 只要 一个多 小时。
Today, it takes just over an hour to travel from Shanghai to Nanjing by train.
我们 知道 ,今天 的 中国 的 首都 是 北京。
As we know, the capital of China today is Beijing.
但是 在 古代 ,很 长时间 以来 ,首都 一直 在 南京。
But in ancient times, for a long time, the capital was Nanjing.
在 上 一集 播客 里 ,我们 讲 了 一点 三国 的 历史。
In the last episode of the podcast, we talked a little about the history of the Three Kingdoms.
你 还 记得 吗?
Do you remember?
那个 时候 ,有 一个 国家 ,叫 “吴国” 。
At that time, there was a country called "Wu Guo".
那个 时候 ,吴国 的 首都 就是 南京。
At that time, the capital of Wu State was Nanjing.
后来 ,唐朝 ,宋朝 的 时候 ,首都 也 在 南京。
Later, during the Tang and Song dynasties, the capital was also Nanjing.
那个 时候 ,如果 你 来 中国 ,学 中文 的话 ,应该 会 学习 南京 话。
At that time, if you came to China and learned Chinese, you should have learned Nanjing dialect.
📷
📷
__古代 的 南京__
后来 ,到 了 元朝 ,也 就是 差不多 800年前 的 时候 ,蒙古人 来到 中国 ,把 北京 作为 首都。
Later, in the Yuan Dynasty, almost 800 years ago, the Mongols came to China and made Beijing their capital.
从 那个 时候 开始 ,最 重要 的 口音 就 不是 南京 的 口音 ,而是 北京 的 口音 了。
Since that time, the most important accent is not the Nanjing accent, but the Beijing accent.
元朝 之后 是 明朝。
The Yuan Dynasty was followed by the Ming Dynasty.
明朝 的 时候 ,蒙古人 走 了。
In the Ming Dynasty, the Mongols left.
首都 又 回到 了 南京。
The capital is back to Nanjing.
你 可以 想象 ,南京 话 又 一次 成为 最 重要 的 口音。
As you can imagine, Nanjing dialect is again the most important accent.
因为 南京 话 很 好听 ,所以 很多 人 喜欢 说。
Because Nanjing dialect is very nice, many people like to speak it.
元朝 之后 是 明朝 ,明朝 之后 是 清朝。
The Yuan Dynasty was followed by the Ming Dynasty, and after the Ming Dynasty was the Qing Dynasty.
清朝 是 中国 的 最后 一个 朝代。
The Qing Dynasty was the last dynasty in China.
清朝 的 首都 在 哪里 呢?
Where was the capital of the Qing Dynasty?
清朝 的 首都 在 北京。
The capital of the Qing Dynasty was Beijing.
这个 时候 ,很多 人 讨论 ,我们 应该 说 北京 话 ,还是 南京 话 呢?
At this time, many people are discussing, should we speak Beijing dialect or Nanjing dialect?
后来 ,更 多 的 人 说 北京 话 ,所以 北京 话 又 成为 了 最 重要 的 口音。
Later, more people spoke Beijing dialect, so Beijing dialect became the most important accent again.
也 是 清朝 的 时候 ,很多 欧洲 的 文化 来到 了 中国。
民族主义 也 来到 了 中国。
Nationalism also came to China.
“民族主义 ” 就是 英文 里 的 nationalism,意思 是 说 :同一个 国家 ,同一个 民族 的 人 必须 有 同一个 文化 ,同一个 语言 ,同 一种 文字。
"Nationalism" is the English word for nationalism, which means that people of the same country or nation must have the same culture, the same language, and the same script.
这个 时候 ,很多 中国 人 就 开始 想 :什么 是 中国 人 的 语言 呢?
At this time, many Chinese people began to wonder: What is the language of the Chinese people?
后来 ,人们 决定 说 ,北京 话 是 中国 人 的 语言。
北京 话 是 中国 的 “普通话”。
普通话 的 意思 就是 :人们 每天 说 的 最 普通 的 语言。
Mandarin means: the most common language that people speak every day.
后来 ,清朝 结束。
中国 不是 清朝 的 中国 了 ,而是 “中华民国 ” 的 中国。
中华民国 的 政府 就是 今天 台湾 的 政府。
The government of the Republic of China is the government of Taiwan today.
从 1927年 到 1949年 ,中华民国 的 首都 是 南京。
南京 再 一次 成为 了 中国 的 首都 ,但是 这 一次 ,人们 没有 再 一次 开始 学习 南京 话。
Once again, Nanking became the capital of China, but this time, people did not start learning Nanking once again.
北京 话 一直 是 中国 的 “普通话”。
1949年 ,中华民国 的 政府 去 了 台湾 ,中国 成为 了 “中华人民共和国” 。
In 1949, the government of the Republic of China went to Taiwan and China became the "People's Republic of China".
人们 继续 讨论 :什么 是 普通话?
后来 ,人们 给 了 一个 很 复杂 的 定义。
在播 客里 ,我 就 不 告诉 大家 这个 新 的 定义 了。
简单 地说 ,在 这个 新 的 定义 里 ,普通话 不是 北京 话 ,但是 和 北京 话 差不多。
Simply put, in this new definition, Mandarin is not Beijing dialect, but it is similar to Beijing dialect.
今天 ,我们 说 的 普通话 就是 这样 的 ,虽然 不 完全 是 北京 话 ,但是 和 北京 话 差不多。
Today, we speak Mandarin like this, which is not exactly Beijing dialect, but it is similar to Beijing dialect.
📷
__1949年 10月 1日 ,中华人民共和国 成立__
虽然 我们 有 了 普通话 ,但是 还是 很多 人 不会 说 普通话。
Although we have Mandarin, there are still many people who do not speak it.
还是 有 很多 人 只会 说 上海 话 ,南京 话 ,广东话 ,等等。
There are still a lot of people who can only speak Shanghai, Nanjing, Cantonese, and so on.
所以 后来 ,中国政府 说 :中国 的 孩子 都 要 学习 普通话。
So later, the Chinese government said that all Chinese children should learn Mandarin.
在 学校 里 ,老师 和 学生 说话 的 时候 ,只能 说 普通话 ,不能 说 方言。
In school, teachers can only speak Mandarin, not dialect, when speaking to students.
我 知道 ,在 台湾 也 是 一样 的。
在 台湾 也 是 只能 说 普通话。
不 一样 的 是 ,在 台湾 ,人们 写 繁体字。
在 大陆 ,人们 写 简体字。
写字 的 时候 ,台湾 和 大陆 不 一样。
我 和 大家 已经 在播 客里 聊过 简体字 的 历史。
I've already talked to you on the podcast about the history of the acronym.
如果 你 想 了解 的话 ,可以 去 听听 播客 的 第 13集。
If you want to learn more, go listen to episode 13 of the podcast.
现在 20岁 ,30岁 的 中国 人 ,从小 应该 都 是 在 学校 里 说 普通话 的。
在 2021年 的 时候 ,中国 的 教育部 说 :百分之 80的 人会 说 普通话 ,意思 是 说 ,五个 中国 人 里面 ,四个 会 说 普通话。
在 电视 ,电影 ,新闻 里面 ,人们 说 的 差不多 都 是 普通话。
大部分 的 中国 人 都 说 普通话 ,意思 是 说 ,现在 在 中国 没有 别的 方言 ,别的 口音 吗?
不。
在 很多 地方 ,人们 虽然 在 学校 ,在 工作 的 时候 说 普通话 ,但是 在生活中 ,和 家人 说话 的 时候 ,还是 说 自己 的 方言 的。
In many places, people speak Mandarin at school and at work, but they still speak their own dialects when they talk to their families in their daily lives.
在 上海 ,人们 还是 说 上海 话。
在 四川 ,人们 还是 说 四川话。
在 广东 ,人们 还是 说 广东话。
如果 上海 人 ,四川人 ,广东 人 一起 聊天 的 时候 ,他们 说 什么 话 呢?
当然 是 普通话。
有 了 普通话 ,所有 的 中国 人 都 可以 互相 地 交流。
With Mandarin, all Chinese people can communicate with each other.
📷
__在 公共场合 ,经常 会 看见 “讲 普通话 ” 的 字样__
可是 ,可惜 的 是 ,现在 也 有 很多 年轻人 ,他们 小时候 一直 说 普通话 ,所以 不会 说 方言。
我 和 大家 在 播客 的 第 21集 里面 介绍 过 上海 话。
I introduced the Shanghai dialect in episode 21 of the podcast with you.
那个 时候 ,我 说 ,现在 越来越少 的 上海 孩子 会 说 上海 话。
At that time, I said that fewer and fewer Shanghai children speak Shanghai dialect.
这是 一件 很 可惜 的 事情。
It's a shame.
不过 ,最近 两年 ,我 也 看见 ,越来越 多 的 人 对 方言 感兴趣 ,想要 学习 方言。
However, in the last two years, I have seen more and more people interested in learning dialects.
很多 人 在 TikTok 上 教 大家 说 方言 ,也 有 很多 人 学习。
A lot of people teach people to speak dialects on TikTok, and a lot of people learn.
我 觉得 这是 一件 很 好 的 事情。
I think this is a very good thing.
普通话 虽然 重要 ,但是 方言 也 重要。
那么 今天 关于 普通话 ,就 介绍 就 到 这里。
So, here's the introduction to Mandarin today.
你 的 普通话 是不是 也 越来越 好 了 呢?
Is your Mandarin getting better too?
我 相信 ,听播客 的 朋友 的 普通话 都 说 得 非常 好。
I believe that all of you who listen to the podcast speak Mandarin very well.
学会 了 普通话 ,你 还 可以 学习 别的 方言。
比如说 我 ,现在 我 想 学习 广东话 ,因为 现在 我 有 一些 香港 的 朋友。
我 听 他们 说 广东话 ,觉得 非常 有意思 ,所以 想 学。
I find it very interesting to hear them speak Cantonese, so I want to learn it.
你 呢?
你 对 中国 的 方言 感兴趣 吗?
如果 你 来 过 中国 的话 ,你 听 过 中国 的 什么 方言 呢?
当然 ,如果 你 只 去 了 北京 的话 ,你 可能 只 听 过 普通话。
但是 ,如果 你 去过 别的 地方 ,我 相信 你 一定 听说 别的 方言。
你 还 知道 有 什么 方言 呢?
What other dialects do you know?
你 可以 在 YouTube 或者 用 email 告诉 我。
我们 的 电子邮箱 是 teatimechinese@hotmail.com。
播客 的 原文 ,我们 很快 会 放在 网站 上。
如果 想 支持 茶 歇 中文 的话 ,也 可以 成为 我们 的Patreon。
那么 今天 的 播客 就 到 这里。
感谢 大家 的 收听 和 支持。
Thank you all for listening and supporting us.
我 是Nathan。
我们 下次 再见。