第 2集 :我们 为什么 学习 中文?Why do we learn Chinese?
Episode 2: Warum lernen wir Chinesisch?
Episode 2: Why do we study Chinese? Why do we learn Chinese?
Episodio 2: ¿Por qué aprendemos chino?
第2話:なぜ中国語を学ぶのか?
Эпизод 2: Зачем мы изучаем китайский язык?
大家 好!
欢迎 回到 《茶 歇 中文 》,我 是 主持人 Nathan。
Welcome back to Tea Break Chinese, I'm Nathan, the host.
你 最近 好 吗?
How are you doing?
我 希望 大家 生活 一切 都 安好。
I hope everyone lives well.
你 可能 已经 看见 ,今天 我们 的 话题 是 :我们 为什么 学习 中文?
As you may have seen, our topic today is: Why do we study Chinese?
对于 这个 问题 ,我 觉得 你 肯定 回答 得 比 我 好。
For this question, I think you must answer it better than me.
因为 如果 你 听得懂 这个 播客 ,那么 证明 你 已经 坚持 学习 中文 已经 有 一段时间 了 ,所以 你 肯定 有 很 好 的 原因 学习 中文。
Because if you understand this podcast, you've been learning Chinese for a while, so you must have a good reason for learning Chinese.
而 我 不 一样。
And I am different.
因为 我 是 中国 人 ,所以 我 理所当然 会 说 中文。
Since I am Chinese, I can speak Chinese of course.
“理所当然 ”你 这个 不 知道 这个 成语 的 意思 ,但是 你 可能 知道 “当然 ”的 意思。
"Of course" you don't know the meaning of this idiom, but you may know the meaning of "of course".
“理所当然 ”的 意思 就是 :当然 是 这样 的。
"Of course" means: of course it is.
比如说 :我 是 中国 人 ,所以 我 当然 会 说 中文。
这个 时候 我们 也 可以 说 :因为 我 是 中国 人 ,所以 我 “理所当然 ”会 说 中文。
At this time, we can also say: because I am Chinese, I "take it for granted" that I can speak Chinese.
我们 也 可以 说 一件 事情 是 理所当然 的。
We can also say that a thing is taken for granted.
比如说 :今天 下雨 ,所以 带 一把 伞 是 理所当然 的 事情。
For example: It's raining today, so it's a matter of course to bring an umbrella.
或者 ,孩子 学习 父母 的 行为 是 一件 理所当然 的 事情。
Or, it's a matter of course that children learn from their parents' behavior.
你 觉得 呢?
What do you think?
有 什么 事情 是 理所当然 的?
Is there anything for granted?
所以 ,回到 今天 的 话题 :我们 为什么 学习 中文?
So, back to today's topic: why do we learn Chinese?
我 作为 一个 中文 老师 ,有时候 会想 这个 问题 ,有时候 也 会 问 我 的 学生 :你 为什么 学习 中文?
As a Chinese teacher, I sometimes think about this question and sometimes ask my students: Why do you study Chinese?
然后 我 发现 ,其实 每个 人 的 理由 都 不 一样 ,这 让 我 很 吃惊。
Then I found out that everyone has different reasons, which surprised me.
尤其 是 去年 疫情 从 中国 的 武汉 开始 以来 ,我 以为 大家 都 不再 想 学 中文 了。
Especially since the outbreak started in Wuhan, China last year, I thought everyone no longer wanted to learn Chinese.
但是 后来 看见 还是 有 很多 人 对 中文 感兴趣 ,还是 有 那么 多人 坚持 学习 中文 ,这 让 我 很 感动。
But then I saw that there are still many people who are interested in Chinese, and there are still so many people who insist on learning Chinese, which moved me very much.
这 也 让 我 开始 认真 地 考虑 这个 问题 :我们 为什么 学习 中文?
This also made me start to seriously consider the question: Why do we learn Chinese?
所以 今天 我会 和 大家 分享 学习 中文 的 五个 原因。
你 准备 好了吗?
**第一个 原因 :世界 上 会 说 中文 的 人 很多!
The first reason: There are many people in the world who can speak Chinese!
**
我 记得 是 Nelson Mandela 说 过 ,如果 你 对 一个 人 说 他 听得懂 的 语言 ,那么 你 对 他 说话 会 说 进 他 的 头脑 里。
I remember Nelson Mandela saying that if you speak to a guy in a language he understands, then you speak to him and it goes into his head.
如果 你 对 一个 人 说 他 的 母语 ,那么 你 会 说 进 他 的 心里。
If you speak to a person his native language, then you speak into his heart.
所以 ,如果 你 会 说 中文 ,那 你 就 可以 和 很多 的 人 的 心灵 说话。
So, if you can speak Chinese, then you can speak to the hearts of many people.
你 知道 世界 上 有 多少 人会 说 普通话 吗?
Do you know how many people in the world speak Mandarin?
超过 10 亿 人。
more than 1 billion people.
你 知道 世界 上 一共 有 多少 人 吗?
Do you know how many people there are in the world?
78亿人。
7.8 billion people.
所以 ,世界 上 13%的 人会 说 普通话。
虽然 中国 人 都 学习 英语 ,但是 你 知道 ,我们 的 英语 很 不太好。
Although all Chinese people learn English, you know, our English is not very good.
况且 ,中文 不仅仅 在 中国 被 使用。
Moreover, Chinese is not only used in China.
在 台湾 啊 ,新加坡 啊 ,马来西亚 啊 ,印度尼西亚 等 亚洲 国家 也 有 很多 说 中文 的 人。
There are also many Chinese speakers in Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and other Asian countries.
现在 移民 到 欧洲 ,美洲 的 中国 人 也 越来越 多。
Now immigrating to Europe, more and more Chinese people in America.
所以 ,现在 无论 你 走 到 世界 上 的 任何 地方 ,你 都 有 可能 会 听见 中文。
So now, wherever you go in the world, you are likely to hear Chinese.
如果 会 说 中文 ,如果 会 说 普通话 ,那么 你 就 可以 和 世界 上 很多 人 说话 ,或者 交朋友。
If you can speak Chinese, if you can speak Mandarin, then you can speak to a lot of people in the world, or make friends.
**第二个 原因 :你 很 喜欢 中国 的 历史 和 文化**
The second reason: you like Chinese history and culture
中国 人 说 “上下 五千年 ”,意思 是 说 :中国 有 5000多年 的 历史 ,所以 中国 是 世界 上 历史 最 悠久 的 国家 之一。
Chinese people say "up and down five thousand years", which means: China has a history of more than 5,000 years, so China is one of the countries with the longest history in the world.
在历史上 有 很多 非常 伟大 的 时期 ,比如说 秦朝 ,比如说 三国 ,唐朝 ,宋朝 等等。
There are many very great periods in history, such as the Qin Dynasty, such as the Three Kingdoms, Tang Dynasty, Song Dynasty and so on.
历史 上 也 有 很多 伟大 的 人。
There are also many great people in history.
如果 你 喜欢 历史 的话 ,那么 学习 中文 一定 非常 有趣。
If you like history, learning Chinese must be very interesting.
中国 的 文化 也 非常 有趣。
比如说 ,我们 有 美丽 的 书法 ,我们 有 优美 的 古诗 ,我们 有 漂亮 的 建筑 ,我们 有 好吃 的 中国 菜。
For example, we have beautiful calligraphy, we have beautiful ancient poetry, we have beautiful architecture, and we have delicious Chinese food.
如果 你 有 机会 来到 中国 ,你 还 会 发现 ,在 中国 ,我们 不仅仅 说 普通话。
If you have the opportunity to come to China, you will also find that in China, we do not only speak Mandarin.
其实 ,在 上海 有 上海 话 ,在 四川 有 四川话 ,在 广州 有 粤语 … … 同时 ,中国 人 也 非常 热情。
In fact, there is Shanghai dialect in Shanghai, Sichuan dialect in Sichuan, Cantonese in Guangzhou... At the same time, the Chinese are also very enthusiastic.
虽然 很多 外国人 告诉 我 说 中国 人 很 害羞 ,可能 这是 真的 ,但是 我们 还是 非常 欢迎 外国人 来 我们 这里 玩玩。
Although many foreigners have told me that Chinese people are shy, which may be true, we still welcome foreigners to visit us.
**第三个 原因 :你 想 和 中国 人 做生意 ,或者 在 中国 工作**
上个 世纪 ,第二次世界大战 之后 ,有 一段时间 ,中国 曾经 非常 贫穷。
In the last century, after the Second World War, there was a time when China was very poor.
但是 中国 这 几年 的 经济 越来越 好 ,慢慢 地 变成 了 一个 经济大国。
But China's economy has been getting better and better in recent years, and it has gradually become an economic power.
所以 有 很多 国家 想 和 中国 做生意 ,中国 呢 ,也 想要 和 其他 的 国家 做生意。
So many countries want to do business with China, and China also wants to do business with other countries.
比如说 ,从 2013年 开始 ,中国 发起 了 “一带一路 ”的 提议。
For example, starting in 2013, China launched the “One Belt, One Road” proposal.
“一带 一路 “在 英语 里 的 翻译 是:Belt and Road Initiative。
The translation of "One Belt, One Road" in English is: Belt and Road Initiative.
所以 如果 你 不 知道 的话 ,可以 去 网上 查 一下。
So if you don't know, you can look it up online.
中国 发起 ”一带 一路 “是 为了 其他 国家 合作 ,一起 做生意。
China launched the "Belt and Road" for other countries to cooperate and do business together.
你 知道 吗?
do you know?
参加 一带 一路 的 国家 有 65个!
There are 65 countries participating in the Belt and Road Initiative!
这些 国家 很多 是 亚洲 的 ,但 也 有 不少 中东 ,或者 欧洲 的 国家 加入 “一带 一路 ”的 提议。
Many of these countries are from Asia, but there are also many Middle Eastern or European countries that have proposed to join the “Belt and Road” initiative.
所以 ,我们 可以 看出 ,中国 真的 希望 和 外国 一起 合作。
Therefore, we can see that China really wants to cooperate with foreign countries.
Như vậy có thể thấy Trung Quốc rất muốn hợp tác với nước ngoài.
**第四个 原因 :中文 是 一门 很难 的 语言 ,所以 你 想 挑战 一下**
Fourth reason: Chinese is a difficult language, so you want to challenge
我 听 过 很多 人 说 ,中文 是 世界 上 最 难 的 语言。
I have heard many people say that Chinese is the most difficult language in the world.
首先 ,中文 里 有 四个 声调。
如果 你 的 母语 里 没有 声调 这个 概念 的话 ,中文 可能 不 简单。
Chinese may not be easy if you don't have the concept of tone in your native language.
其次 ,中文 里 有 数不胜数 的 汉字。
Second, there are countless Chinese characters in Chinese.
“数不胜数 ”是 一个 成语 ,意思 是 “非常 非常 多“。
所以 中文 里 有 ”数不胜数 “的 汉字。
So there are "innumerable" Chinese characters in Chinese.
其实 ,哪怕 我 是 一个 中国 人 ,我 也 不 可能 知道 所有 的 汉字。
Actually, even if I am a Chinese, it is impossible for me to know all Chinese characters.
然后 ,中文 里 有 很多 意思 差不多 的 单词 ,比如 今天 有 一个 美国 朋友 向 我 抱怨 ,说 中文 里 有 很多 表示 ”quickly“ 或者 “immediately”的 单词。
Then, there are many words with similar meanings in Chinese. For example, an American friend complained to me today, saying that there are many words in Chinese that mean "quickly" or "immediately".
比如说 ,我们 有 :马上 ,立即 ,立刻 ,赶紧 等等。
For example, we have: Immediately, immediately, immediately, hasten, etc.
要 想 区别 这些 单词 的 意思 不是 很 容易。
It is not easy to distinguish the meanings of these words.
如果 你 是 日本 人 ,韩国 人 ,或者 越南人 ,那么 中文 可能 还好 ,因为 我们 有 很多 相似 的 词汇。
If you're Japanese, Korean, or Vietnamese, then Chinese is probably fine because we have a lot of similar words.
但是 ,如果 你 不是 来自 亚洲 的话 ,中文 可能 是 一个 和 你 的 母语 完全 不 一样 的 语言。
However, if you are not from Asia, Chinese may be a completely different language from your native language.
如果 你 非常 喜欢 学习 语言 的话 ,那么 中文 肯定 是 一个 你 需要 挑战 的 语言。
If you really like learning languages, then Chinese is definitely a language you need to challenge.
**第五个 原因 :中文 是 一门 简单 的 语言**
Fifth reason: Chinese is a simple language
我 知道 ,你 肯定 会 说:Nathan。
I know, you will definitely say: Nathan.
你 不是 刚刚 还 在 说 中文 很难 吗?
Didn’t you still have difficulty speaking Chinese just now?
怎么 现在 又 说 中文 很 简单 呢?
Why is it so easy to speak Chinese now?
我 的 回答 是 :对 ,虽然 中文 有 很多 难 的 地方 ,但是 也 有 很多 简单 的 地方。
My answer is: Yes, although Chinese has many difficulties, there are also many simple ones.
比如说 ,中文 的 语法 真的 很 简单。
For example, Chinese grammar is really simple.
很多 语言 里 有 动词 的 变位 ,但是 中文 没有。
Many languages have verb conjugations, but Chinese does not.
动词 的 变位 就是 英语 的 conjugation。
The conjugation of a verb is the English word conjugation.
比如说 ,在 英语 里面 我们 说 :I speak, you speak, he speaks, she speaks 等等 ,在 法语 里面 我们 说 :je parle, tu parles, il parle, nous parlons, vous parlez 等等。
For example, in English we say: I speak, you speak, he speaks, she speaks, etc., in French we say: je parle, tu parles, il parle, nous parlons, vous parlez, etc.
但是 在 中文 里面 ,我们 之 说 :我 说。
But in Chinese, we say: I say.
你 说 ,他 说 ,我们 说 ,你们 说 ,他们 说。
非常简单 ,不是 吗?
It's very simple, isn't it?
而且 中文 里 大部分 的 汉字 只有 一个 发音 ,所以 你 看见 什么 就 读 什么。
And most Chinese characters in Chinese have only one pronunciation, so you can read whatever you see.
不像 英语 ,一个 字母 可以 有 很多 发音 ;也 不 像 法语 ,很多 字母 是 不 发音 的。
Unlike English, a letter can be pronounced in many ways, and unlike French, many letters are unpronounceable.
所以 我 觉得 ,中文 其实 没有 那么 难。
So I think Chinese is actually not that difficult.
好 了 ,这 就是 我能 想到 的 大家 学习 中文 的 5个 原因。
在 这 5个 原因 里 ,有 你 学习 中文 的 原因 吗?
如果 你 还有 其它 的 学习 中文 的 原因 ,你 可以 用 邮件 告诉 我。
我 的 邮件 是teatimechinese@hotmail.com。
我 重复 ,我 的 邮件 是teatimechinese@hotmail.com。
I repeat, my e-mail 是teatimechinese@hotmail.com.
如果 你 对 这个 播客 有 什么 建议 ,你 也 可以 用 邮件 告诉 我。
If you have any suggestions for this podcast, you can also let me know by email.
对 了 ,如果 今天 这 一集 你 有 什么 地方 没 听懂 的 ,你 也 可以 去teatimechinese.com。
By the way, if there's anything you didn't understand in today's episode, you can also go to teatimechinese.com.
在 那里 ,你 可以 找到 这 一集 的 原文。
好 ,下次 我们 会聊 一个 最近 在 中国 发生 的 新闻。
Well, next time we'll talk about a recent news story that happened in China.
好 吧 ,今天 就 到 这里。
谢谢 大家 收听 “茶 歇 中文“。
我们 下次 再见。
We'll see you next time.