第 17集 :中国 人 喜欢 学习 语言 吗?Do Chinese people enjoy learning languages?
Episode 17: Lernen Chinesen gerne Sprachen?
Episode 17: Do Chinese people enjoy learning languages?
Épisode 17 : Les Chinois aiment-ils apprendre des langues ?
第17回:中国人は語学を学ぶのが楽しいのか?
第17集:中国人喜欢学习语言吗? Do Chinese people enjoy learning languages?
大家 好 ,欢迎 回到 茶 歇 中文 ,我 是Nathan。
在 你 住 的 地方 ,最近 天气 怎么样?
在 上海 ,差不多 每天 都 在 下雨。
在 中文 里 ,6月 和 7月 的 雨 有 一个 名字 ,叫 “梅雨” 。
In Chinese, the rain in June and July has a name, "Meiyu".
“雨 ” 当然 是 “下雨 ” 的 “雨 ”,“梅 ” 是 “梅子 ” 的 “梅”。
"Rain" is of course the "rain" of "raining", and "mei" is the "mei" of "plum".
“梅子 ” 是 一种 水果 ,在 英语 里 ,我们 说 plum。
所以 ,“梅雨 ” 的 英文 是:plum rain。
为什么 我们 说 “plum rain”, 为什么 说 “梅雨 ” 呢?
因为 6月 和 7月 的 梅子 很 好吃 ,人们 喜欢 在 这个 时候 吃 梅子 ,所以 我们 叫 “梅雨” 。
我们 常常 说 :6月 ,7月 是 梅雨季节。
梅雨季节 不仅仅 在 中国 有 ,在 日本 和 韩国 也 有 梅雨季节。
所以 如果 你 6月 和 7月 来 中国 ,日本 ,韩国 的话 ,要 准备 好 天天 下雨 的 天气。
So if you come to China, Japan, Korea in June and July, be prepared for rainy weather every day.
今天 ,我们 聊 什么?
今天 ,我们 聊 语言。
在 播客 的 第 2集 ,我们 聊过 学习 中文 的 5个 原因。
在 今天 的 播客 里 ,我 想 和 大家 聊聊 中国 人 对于 学习 语言 的 态度。
In today's podcast, I want to talk to you about Chinese attitudes towards language learning.
态度 的 意思 就是 attitude。
Attitude means attitude.
中国 人 喜欢 学习 语言 吗?
Do Chinese people like to learn languages?
中国 人 最 喜欢 学习 什么 语言?
What language do Chinese people like to learn most?
今天 ,我会 回答 这些 问题。
Today, I will answer these questions.
你 准备 好了吗?
are you ready?
因为 现在 英语 是 世界 上 最 流行 的 语言 ,所以 我 想 和 大家 先 分享 中国 人 学习 英语 的 情况。
Because English is the most popular language in the world now, I would like to share with you how Chinese people learn English first.
在 1980年 ,英语 第一次 成为 高考 的 科目。
In 1980, English became a subject of the college entrance examination for the first time.
所以 我们 可以 说 :中国 人 真的 开始 认认真真 地 学习 英语 是从 1980年 开始 的。
So we can say: Chinese people really started to learn English seriously since 1980.
对 了 ,如果 你 不 知道 什么 是 “高考 ” ,你 可以 看 我 以前 的 节目。
By the way, if you don't know what "gaokao" is, you can watch my previous programs.
总之 ,高考 是 中国 最 重要 的 考试。
All in all, the Gaokao is the most important exam in China.
从 1980年 到 现在 ,中国 人 已经 学习 英语 40多年 了。
From 1980 to now, Chinese people have been learning English for more than 40 years.
在 我 的 家里 ,我 的 爷爷奶奶 ,他们 没有 学习 过 英语 ,但是 我 的 父母 都 学习 过 英语。
In my family, my grandparents, they have not learned English, but my parents have learned English.
我 呢 ,当然 也 学过 英语。
I, of course, have also studied English.
很多 中国 人 学习 过 英语 ,但是 我们 的 中文 真的 好 吗?
Many Chinese have learned English, but is our Chinese really good?
The Economist 有 一篇 文章 ,里面 说 :虽然 很多 中国 人 在 学校 里 学习 英语 ,但是 很少 的 中国 人 真的 会 说 英语。
这是 为什么?
why is that?
因为 在 学校 里 没有 好 的 英语老师。
Because there are no good English teachers in the school.
很多 英语老师 是 中国 人。
Many English teachers are Chinese.
他们 自己 的 英语 都 不好 ,所以 他们 的 学生 也 说 得 不好。
None of their own English is good, so neither are their students.
https://www.economist.com/johnson/2011/09/01/how-many-english-learners-in-china
所以 ,中国 人 喜欢 学习 英语 吗?
So, do Chinese people like to learn English?
当然 ,有 的 中国 人 很 喜欢 学习 英语 ,有 的 人 学 得 很 好 ,但是 我 觉得 大部分 的 中国 人 都 不 太 喜欢 学习 英语。
Of course, some Chinese people like learning English very much, and some people learn English very well, but I think most Chinese people don't like learning English very much.
他们 可能 觉得 :哦 ,我 必须 学习 英语。
They may think: oh, I have to learn English.
我 必须 每天 学习 英语。
I have to study English every day.
但是 如果 你 问 他 :你 真的 喜欢 英语 吗?
But if you ask him: do you really like English?
他 的 答案 可能 是 :不 喜欢。
His answer might be: I don't like it.
说完 了 英语 ,我们 说 说 其他 语言。
After speaking English, we speak other languages.
除了 英语 ,中国 人 最 喜欢 学习 什么 语言 呢?
Besides English, what language do Chinese people like to learn the most?
我 的 答案 是 :日语。
My answer is: Japanese.
这 可能 不是 一个 特别 让 人 感到 意外 的 答案。
This may not be a particularly surprising answer.
“让 人 感到 意外 ” 的 意思 是 :让 人 吃惊 ,让 人 觉得 奇怪。
"Surprise" means: to surprise, to feel strange.
“让 人 感到 意外 ” 的 英语 是 surprising,或者 日语 里 的 “意外”。
The English word for "surprise" is surprise, or "surprise" in Japanese.
对 ,中文 里 的 “意外 ” 就是 日语 里 的 “意外 (pronounced YiGai here!)” 。
Yes, "accident" in Chinese is "accident" in Japanese.
你 明白 中国 人 为什么 爱学 日语 了 吗?
Do you understand why Chinese people love to learn Japanese?
对 ,答案 很 简单 :因为 日语 和 中文 有 很多 差不多 的 单词。
Yes, the answer is simple: because Japanese and Chinese have many similar words.
日本 人有 ひらがな和 かたがな,但是 他们 也 用 汉字。
Japanese have ひらがな and かたがな, but they also use Chinese characters.
日本 人 说 “漢字 ” ,中国 人 说 “汉字”。
The Japanese say "kanji" and the Chinese say "kanji".
所以 ,中国 人 就算 听不懂 日语 ,也 至少 看得懂 日语。
Therefore, even if the Chinese cannot understand Japanese, they can at least understand Japanese.
中国 人 学习 日语 的 第二个 原因 是 :现在 的 中国 年轻人 很 喜欢 日本 的 anime和 日本 的 音乐。
所以 ,越来越 多 的 年轻人 开始 学习 日语。
Therefore, more and more young people start to learn Japanese.
中国 人 不 喜欢 学习 英语 ,喜欢 学习 日语。
Chinese people don't like to learn English, they like to learn Japanese.
那么 其他 语言 呢?
What about other languages?
中国 人 喜欢 学习 什么 其他 语言 呢?
What other languages do Chinese people like to learn?
这 很难说 ,因为 每个 人有 自己 的 爱好。
It's hard to say because everyone has their hobbies.
有 的 人 喜欢 韩国 文化 ,喜欢 k-pop,所以 学习 韩语。
有 的 人 喜欢 俄罗斯 (俄罗斯 就是 Russia),所以 他们 学习 俄语。
Some people like Russia (Russia is Russia), so they learn Russian.
有 的 人 喜欢 德国 ,所以 他们 学习 德语。
Some people like Germany, so they learn German.
有 的 人 喜欢 西班牙 ,所以 他们 学习 西班牙语 … … 不过 英语 和 日语 是 中国 人 学习 最 多 的 两个 语言。
Some people like Spain, so they learn Spanish... But English and Japanese are the two most learned languages in China.
现在 ,我们 来 回答 这个 问题 :中国 人 喜欢 学习 语言 吗?
Now, let's answer this question: Do Chinese people like learning languages?
我 的 答案 是 :大部分 中国 人 都 不 太 喜欢 学习 语言。
My answer is: Most Chinese people don't like learning languages very much.
为什么?
我 觉得 最大 的 原因 是 中国 的 历史。
I think the biggest reason is Chinese history.
我们 说 “中国 ” 这 两个 字 是因为 以前 的 中国 人 觉得 中国 在 世界 的 中间。
We say the word "China" because Chinese people in the past felt that China was in the middle of the world.
在历史上 ,有 不少 国家 的 人来 中国 ,学习 中国 的 文化 ,所以 中国 人 习惯 了 外国人 学习 中文 ,而 不是 中国 人 学习外语。
In history, people from many countries came to China to learn Chinese culture, so Chinese people are used to foreigners learning Chinese, not Chinese people learning foreign languages.
我们 可以 说 ,以前 的 中国 人 都 很 骄傲。
We can say that the Chinese people in the past were very proud.
“骄傲 ” 的 意思 是 :觉得 自己 很 厉害。
"Proud" means: feel that you are great.
以前 的 中国 人 觉得 中国 很 厉害 ,觉得 自己 很 厉害 ,所以 他们 不 喜欢 学习 外国 的 文化 ,不 喜欢 学习外语。
In the past, Chinese people thought that China was very powerful, and they felt that they were very powerful, so they did not like to learn foreign cultures or foreign languages.
但是 ,我 也 想 说 ,这样 的 情况 这 在 一点一点 地 改变。
However, I also want to say that this situation is changing little by little.
现在 的 中国 人 知道 :我们 不是 世界 的 中间 ,我们 也 不是 世界 上 最 厉害 的 国家。
The Chinese now know: We are not the middle of the world, nor are we the most powerful country in the world.
世界 上 有 很多 其他 的 国家 ,也 有 很多 中国 人 需要 学习 的 东西。
There are many other countries in the world, and there are many things that Chinese people need to learn.
所以 现在 ,我们 可以 看见 :越来越 多 的 中国 人 学习外语。
So now, we can see: more and more Chinese learn foreign languages.
我 觉得 这是 一件 很 好 的 事情。
I think this is a very good thing.
今天 的 播客 有 一点点 难 ,不过 我 希望 你 大部分 都 能 听懂。
Today's podcast is a little difficult, but I hope you can understand most of it.
我 也 希望 你 学到 了 一点 新 东西。
I also hope you learned something new.
如果 你 想 看 今天 播客 的 原文 的话 ,你 可以 去 我 的 网站 teatimechinese.com 上 看看。
If you want to read the original text of today's podcast, you can go to my website teatimechinese.com.
如果 你 想 支持 我 的 工作 的话 ,你 也 可以 成为 我 的 Patreon。
You can also be my Patreon if you want to support my work.
那好 ,今天 的 播客 就 到 这里。
Well, that's it for today's podcast.
谢谢 大家 的 收听 和 支持。
Thank you all for listening and supporting.
我们 下次 再见。
See you next time.
在 Patreon 上 下载 这 一集 的 PDF 文件。
Download printable PDF files for this episode on Patreon.