×

We use cookies to help make LingQ better. By visiting the site, you agree to our cookie policy.


image

English LingQ Podcast 1.0, Sixteen: Stanley Park, Vancouver

Sixteen: Stanley Park, Vancouver

In 1863 the Coal Harbour peninsula, which makes up most of today's Stanley Park, became a military reserve.

Surveyed by Colonel Moody's Royal Engineers, the thick timbered region commanded a view of the First Narrows entrance to Burrard Inlet. Americans had made the colony nervous with a military occupation of the San Juan Islands in the Gulf of Georgia only four years earlier. To ensure British control of the harbor entrance, a similar military reserve was established directly across the inlet on the north shore.

Natives had hunted and gathered for centuries in what is now Stanley Park. Coal Harbour once teemed with herring, its beaches rich with clams. Whales entered the bight to feed. Cougars roamed the forests. The peninsula's first roads were paved in 1888 with seashells from the Salish peoples' middens. These mounds of cultural debris covered almost two hectares and were up to 2.5 metres deep. One was a seasonal campsite for one of the largest Squamish villages. It later lay abandoned after a smallpox epidemic broke out between 1888 and 1892. Deadman's Island became an isolation site and burial ground for disease victims. The island's Douglas firs and red cedars also held Squamish and Musqueam bentwood boxes which contained their dead.

The area's first white settler, a Scottish calico printer named Jimmy Sievewright, set up a camp in 1858 with friends at the site of today's Second Beach. Portuguese ship-jumper Peter Smith, who settled at Brockton Point, used the island to render blubber from whales caught in the harbor. In 1859 Francis Brockton, chief engineer on HMS Plumper, discovered coal nearby. Plumper's captain, George Henry Richards, named the waters Coal Harbour.

In the early 1860s a Squamish village of four homes and a lodge-called Whoi-Whoi, meaning "masks" or "great village"-stood at the site of today's Lumberman's Arch. It hosted huge potlatches, attended by thousands of native people.

In May 1868 John "Gassy Jack" Deighton applied unsuccessfully to lease land to start a fishery in what is now Stanley Park. Five logging companies operated in the forests of the park-to-be. (Large stumps in today's park still bear the notches from loggers' springboards used for standing support while wielding a crosscut saw.) Most of today's trails in Stanley Park owe their start to logging, where they began as skid roads. Even before the area was declared a park, Lauchlan A. Hamilton, land agent for the Canadian Pacific Railway, and a Vancouver alderman, surveyed its first roads. The perimeter road of today's park is virtually identical to Hamilton's original routing.

Vancouver newspapers began to discuss the future of the military reserve, which was no longer needed for defence, as a park. But the major initiative for the transformation came from a powerful land speculator, Arthur Wellington Ross. A park of untouched forest offered a valuable drawing card for realtors whose property was near. Ross co-owned adjacent property with H.F Ceperley, head of one of Vancouver's most successful real estate companies, Ross and Ceperley.

Ross pitched his vision for a park to his friend, the influential William Van Horne of the CPR, even boating him around the reserve for a first-hand look. Van Horne agreed to speak to well- placed people in Ottawa, and he and Ross then talked to Alderman Hamilton, who speedily brought the idea before the city council.

The first resolution of Vancouver's first city council was a request to the federal government on May 12, 1886, to grant the First Narrows Military Reserve to the city as a park. A year later, the federal government established Stanley Park on a leasehold basis.

Mayor David Oppenheimer officially opened the park on September 17, 1888, declaring it a place where Vancouver's 6,000 inhabitants could "spend some time amid the beauties of nature away from the busy haunts of men." Several weeks earlier Oppenheimer had written to the CPR's Sir Donald Smith in Montreal asking him to name the park on behalf of Vancouver. Smith asked Governor General Lord Stanley to allow the park to be called by his family name and he agreed. Lord Stanley dedicated the park on October 29, 1883, during the first visit to Vancouver as a Governor General. An observer wrote: "Lord Stanley threw his arms to the heavens, as though embracing within them the whole of one thousand acres of primeval forest, and dedicated it to the use and enjoyment of peoples of all colours, creeds, and customs, for all time. "


Sixteen: Stanley Park, Vancouver

In 1863 the Coal Harbour peninsula, which makes up most of today’s Stanley Park, became a military reserve. 1863 wurde die Coal Harbor-Halbinsel, die den größten Teil des heutigen Stanley Park ausmacht, zu einem Militärreservat. En 1863, la péninsule de Coal Harbour, qui constitue la majeure partie de l'actuel parc Stanley, est devenue une réserve militaire. In 1863 werd het schiereiland Coal Harbor, dat het grootste deel van het huidige Stanley Park vormt, een militair reservaat. У 1863 році півострів Коул-Харбор, який складає більшу частину сучасного парку Стенлі, став військовим заповідником.

Surveyed by Colonel Moody’s Royal Engineers, the thick timbered region commanded a view of the First Narrows entrance to Burrard Inlet. Arpentée par les Royal Engineers du colonel Moody, la région boisée épaisse offrait une vue sur l'entrée de First Narrows à Burrard Inlet. Rilevata dagli ingegneri reali del colonnello Moody's, la fitta regione a graticcio comandava una vista dell'entrata dei First Narrows sull'ingresso di Burrard. Обследованный королевскими инженерами полковника Муди, из густой бревенчатой области открывался вид на вход в Нарроуз в заливе Беррард. Обстежений королівськими інженерами полковника Муді, з густої дерев'яної ділянки відкривався вид на вхід Першого вузького до затоки Беррард. 穆迪的皇家工程师上校勘察了这片茂密的木结构区域,可以看到通往 Burrard Inlet 的 First Narrows 入口。 Americans had made the colony nervous with a military occupation of the San Juan Islands in the Gulf of Georgia only four years earlier. Les Américains avaient rendu la colonie nerveuse avec une occupation militaire des îles San Juan dans le golfe de Géorgie seulement quatre ans plus tôt. Американцы заставили колонию нервничать из-за военной оккупации островов Сан-Хуан в заливе Джорджия всего четыре года назад. Американці лише чотири роки тому знервували колонію військовою окупацією островів Сан-Хуан в затоці Джорджія. To ensure British control of the harbor entrance, a similar military reserve was established directly across the inlet on the north shore. Pour assurer le contrôle britannique de l'entrée du port, une réserve militaire similaire a été établie directement de l'autre côté de l'entrée sur la rive nord. Чтобы обеспечить британский контроль над входом в гавань, аналогичный военный резерв был создан прямо через вход на северном берегу. Щоб забезпечити британський контроль над входом в гавань, подібний військовий резерв був створений безпосередньо через затоку на північному березі.

Natives had hunted and gathered for centuries in what is now Stanley Park. Les autochtones chassaient et cueillaient depuis des siècles dans ce qui est aujourd'hui le parc Stanley. I nativi avevano cacciato e raccolto per secoli in quello che oggi è lo Stanley Park. Inheemsen hadden eeuwenlang gejaagd en verzameld in wat nu Stanley Park is. Местные жители охотились и веками собирались в парке Стэнли. Тубільці століттями полювали та збирали на території нинішнього парку Стенлі. Coal Harbour once teemed with herring, its beaches rich with clams. Coal Harbour regorgeait autrefois de harengs, ses plages regorgeant de palourdes. Коул-Харбор колись кишить оселедцем, його пляжі багаті молюсками. Whales entered the bight to feed. Les baleines sont entrées dans la baie pour se nourrir. Walvissen gingen de bocht in om zich te voeden. Киты вошли в бухту, чтобы накормить. У бухту зайшли кити, щоб погодуватися. Cougars roamed the forests. Les couguars parcouraient les forêts. Пумы бродили по лесам. The peninsula’s first roads were paved in 1888 with seashells from the Salish peoples' middens. Les premières routes de la péninsule ont été pavées en 1888 avec des coquillages provenant des dépotoirs des Salish. Le prime strade della penisola furono lastricate nel 1888 con conchiglie dei medi delle popolazioni Salish. De eerste wegen van het schiereiland werden in 1888 geplaveid met schelpen uit de middens van de Salish-volkeren. Первые дороги полуострова были вымощены в 1888 году ракушками из середин салишских народов. Перші дороги півострова були вимощені в 1888 році черепашками з середини салішів. These mounds of cultural debris covered almost two hectares and were up to 2.5 metres deep. Ces monticules de débris culturels couvraient près de deux hectares et atteignaient jusqu'à 2,5 mètres de profondeur. Questi cumuli di detriti culturali coprivano quasi due ettari ed erano profondi fino a 2,5 metri. Эти курганы культурного мусора занимали почти два гектара и были до 2,5 метров в глубину. Ці насипи культурного сміття займали майже два гектари та мали глибину до 2,5 метрів. One was a seasonal campsite for one of the largest Squamish villages. L'un était un terrain de camping saisonnier pour l'un des plus grands villages squamish. Een daarvan was een seizoenscamping voor een van de grootste Squamish-dorpen. Один був сезонним кемпінгом для одного з найбільших сквамішських сіл. It later lay abandoned after a smallpox epidemic broke out between 1888 and 1892. In seguito fu abbandonato dopo che scoppiò un'epidemia di vaiolo tra il 1888 e il 1892. Пізніше він лежав покинутий після спалаху епідемії віспи між 1888 і 1892 роками. Deadman’s Island became an isolation site and burial ground for disease victims. Deadman's Island est devenu un site d'isolement et un lieu de sépulture pour les victimes de la maladie. Deadman's Island divenne un sito di isolamento e un cimitero per le vittime di malattie. Deadman's Island werd een isolatieplaats en begraafplaats voor ziekteslachtoffers. Острів Мертвого став місцем ізоляції та похованням для жертв хвороби. The island’s Douglas firs and red cedars also held Squamish and Musqueam bentwood boxes which contained their dead. Les sapins de Douglas et les cèdres rouges de l'île contenaient également des boîtes en bois courbé Squamish et Musqueam qui contenaient leurs morts. Gli abeti e i cedri rossi dell'isola Douglas contenevano anche scatole di legno curvato di Squamish e Musqueam che contenevano i loro morti. De Douglas-sparren en rode ceders van het eiland bevatten ook gebogen houten kisten van Squamish en Musqueam waarin hun doden zaten. Острівські ялиці Дугласа та червоні кедри також зберігали ящики з гнутого дерева Скваміш і Маскам, в яких були їхні мертві.

The area’s first white settler, a Scottish calico printer named Jimmy Sievewright, set up a camp in 1858 with friends at the site of today’s Second Beach. Le premier colon blanc de la région, un imprimeur de calicot écossais du nom de Jimmy Sievewright, a établi un camp en 1858 avec des amis sur le site de l'actuelle Second Beach. Il primo colono bianco della zona, un tipografo calicò scozzese di nome Jimmy Sievewright, fondò un campo nel 1858 con gli amici nel sito dell'odierna Second Beach. Перший білий поселенець цього району, шотландський ситцевий друкар на ім’я Джиммі Сіврайт, розбив табір у 1858 році з друзями на місці сьогоднішнього Другого пляжу. Portuguese ship-jumper Peter Smith, who settled at Brockton Point, used the island to render blubber from whales caught in the harbor. Le sauteur de navires portugais Peter Smith , qui s'est installé à Brockton Point , a utilisé l'île pour rendre la graisse des baleines capturées dans le port. De Portugese scheepsspringer Peter Smith, die zich op Brockton Point vestigde, gebruikte het eiland om blubber te maken van walvissen die in de haven waren gevangen. Португальський стрибун на кораблі Пітер Сміт, який оселився в Броктон-Пойнт, використовував острів для переробки жиру з китів, виловлених у гавані. In 1859 Francis Brockton, chief engineer on HMS Plumper, discovered coal nearby. En 1859, Francis Brockton, ingénieur en chef du HMS Plumper, découvrit du charbon à proximité. У 1859 році Френсіс Броктон, головний інженер HMS Plumper, виявив поблизу вугілля. Plumper’s captain, George Henry Richards, named the waters Coal Harbour. Капітан Плампера, Джордж Генрі Річардс, назвав води Coal Harbour.

In the early 1860s a Squamish village of four homes and a lodge-called Whoi-Whoi, meaning "masks" or "great village"-stood at the site of today’s Lumberman’s Arch. Au début des années 1860, un village squamish composé de quatre maisons et d'un pavillon appelé Whoi-Whoi, qui signifie « masques » ou « grand village », se trouvait sur le site de l'actuelle Lumberman's Arch. Agli inizi del 1860, un villaggio Squamish di quattro case e un lodge chiamato Whoi-Whoi, che significa "maschere" o "grande villaggio", fu costruito nel sito dell'odierna Lumberman's Arch. На початку 1860-х років на місці сьогоднішньої арки Лісорубів стояло село Скваміш із чотирьох будинків і будиночка під назвою Whoi-Whoi, що означає «маски» або «велике село». It hosted huge potlatches, attended by thousands of native people. Il a accueilli d'énormes potlatchs, auxquels ont participé des milliers d'autochtones. Het organiseerde enorme potlatches, bijgewoond door duizenden inheemse mensen. Здесь проходили огромные потлачи, на которых присутствовали тысячи местных жителей. У ньому були величезні потлачі, на які були присутні тисячі корінних людей.

In May 1868 John "Gassy Jack" Deighton applied unsuccessfully to lease land to start a fishery in what is now Stanley Park. Im Mai 1868 beantragte John "Gassy Jack" Deighton erfolglos, Land zu pachten, um eine Fischerei im heutigen Stanley Park zu starten. En mai 1868, John "Gassy Jack" Deighton demanda en vain de louer un terrain pour démarrer une pêcherie dans ce qui est maintenant le parc Stanley. Nel maggio 1868 John "Gassy Jack" Deighton fece domanda senza successo per affittare un terreno per iniziare una pesca nell'attuale Stanley Park. В мае 1868 года Джон «Гасси Джек» Дейтон безуспешно подал заявку на аренду земли, чтобы начать промысел в нынешнем парке Стэнли. У травні 1868 року Джон «Гасі Джек» Дейтон безуспішно подав заявку на оренду землі, щоб розпочати промисел у нинішньому парку Стенлі. Five logging companies operated in the forests of the park-to-be. Cinq sociétés forestières opéraient dans les forêts du futur parc. Пять лесозаготовительных компаний работали в лесах будущего парка. У лісах майбутнього парку працювало п’ять лісозаготівельних підприємств. 五家伐木公司在未来公园的森林中运营。 (Large stumps in today’s park still bear the notches from loggers' springboards used for standing support while wielding a crosscut saw.) (Große Stümpfe im heutigen Park tragen immer noch die Kerben von Holzfäller-Sprungbrettern, die beim Stehen mit einer Kappsäge zum Stehen verwendet werden.) (Les grandes souches du parc d'aujourd'hui portent encore les encoches des tremplins des bûcherons utilisés pour se tenir debout tout en brandissant une scie à tronçonner.) (I grandi ceppi nel parco di oggi recano ancora le tacche dei trampolini dei taglialegna utilizzati per il supporto in piedi mentre brandiscono una sega trasversale.) (Grote stronken in het huidige park dragen nog steeds de inkepingen van de springplanken van houthakkers die worden gebruikt voor staande ondersteuning tijdens het hanteren van een afkortzaag.) (На великих пнях у сьогоднішньому парку досі є виїмки з трамплінів лісорубів, які використовуються для підтримки стоячи під час роботи з поперечною пилкою.) (今天公园里的大树桩仍然带有伐木者跳板的凹口,用于在挥舞横切锯时站立。) Most of today’s trails in Stanley Park owe their start to logging, where they began as skid roads. Die meisten der heutigen Trails im Stanley Park verdanken ihren Beginn der Abholzung, wo sie als Rutschstraßen begannen. La plupart des sentiers d'aujourd'hui dans le parc Stanley doivent leur origine à l'exploitation forestière, où ils ont commencé comme des routes de débardage. La maggior parte delle piste di oggi a Stanley Park deve il loro inizio al disboscamento, da dove sono iniziate come strade strette. Більшість сучасних стежок у Стенлі-парку завдячують своїм початком лісозаготівлі, де вони починалися як буксирні дороги. Even before the area was declared a park, Lauchlan A. Hamilton, land agent for the Canadian Pacific Railway, and a Vancouver alderman, surveyed its first roads. Noch bevor das Gebiet zum Park erklärt wurde, untersuchten Lauchlan A. Hamilton, Landagent der Canadian Pacific Railway und ein Stadtrat von Vancouver, seine ersten Straßen. Avant même que la zone ne soit déclarée parc, Lauchlan A. Hamilton, agent foncier du Chemin de fer Canadien Pacifique et conseiller municipal de Vancouver, a arpenté ses premières routes. Ancor prima che l'area fosse dichiarata parco, Lauchlan A. Hamilton, agente di terra per la Canadian Pacific Railway, e un assessore di Vancouver, osservarono le sue prime strade. Ще до того, як ця територія була оголошена парком, Лохлан А. Гамільтон, земельний агент Канадської Тихоокеанської залізниці, і олдермен Ванкувера, обстежив його перші дороги. The perimeter road of today’s park is virtually identical to Hamilton’s original routing. La route périphérique du parc d'aujourd'hui est pratiquement identique au tracé d'origine de Hamilton. Дорога по периметру сьогоднішнього парку практично ідентична оригінальній трасі Гамільтона.

Vancouver newspapers began to discuss the future of the military reserve, which was no longer needed for defence, as a park. Die Zeitungen in Vancouver begannen, über die Zukunft der Militärreserve, die nicht mehr zur Verteidigung benötigt wurde, als Park zu diskutieren. I giornali di Vancouver iniziarono a discutere del futuro della riserva militare, che non era più necessaria per la difesa, come parco. Ванкуверські газети почали обговорювати майбутнє військового заповідника, який більше не був потрібним для оборони, як парку. But the major initiative for the transformation came from a powerful land speculator, Arthur Wellington Ross. Mais l'initiative majeure de la transformation est venue d'un puissant spéculateur foncier, Arthur Wellington Ross. Але головна ініціатива щодо трансформації надійшла від могутнього спекулянта землі Артура Веллінгтона Росса. A park of untouched forest offered a valuable drawing card for realtors whose property was near. Un parc de forêt vierge offrait une carte de visite précieuse aux agents immobiliers dont la propriété était proche. Un parco di foreste incontaminate offriva una preziosa carta da disegno per agenti immobiliari la cui proprietà era vicina. Парк незайманого лісу запропонував цінну картку для ріелторів, чия власність була поруч. 一片原始森林公园为附近的房地产经纪人提供了一张宝贵的绘图卡。 Ross co-owned adjacent property with H.F Ceperley, head of one of Vancouver’s most successful real estate companies, Ross and Ceperley. Ross war Miteigentümer des angrenzenden Grundstücks mit HF Ceperley, dem Leiter eines der erfolgreichsten Immobilienunternehmen in Vancouver, Ross und Ceperley. Ross était copropriétaire d'une propriété adjacente avec HF Ceperley, chef de l'une des sociétés immobilières les plus prospères de Vancouver, Ross and Ceperley. Ross è comproprietario della proprietà adiacente con HF Ceperley, capo di una delle società immobiliari di maggior successo di Vancouver, Ross e Ceperley. Росс був співвласником суміжної нерухомості разом із Х. Ф. Сеперлі, головою однієї з найуспішніших компаній у Ванкувері, Росс і Сеперлі.

Ross pitched his vision for a park to his friend, the influential William Van Horne of the CPR, even boating him around the reserve for a first-hand look. Ross a présenté sa vision d'un parc à son ami, l'influent William Van Horne du CFCP, l'emmenant même en bateau autour de la réserve pour un aperçu de première main. Ross lanciò la sua visione di un parco al suo amico, l'influente William Van Horne del CPR, facendolo persino andare in barca intorno alla riserva per uno sguardo di prima mano. Росс представив своє бачення парку своєму другові, впливовому Вільяму Ван Хорну з CPR, навіть катаючи його на човні по заповіднику, щоб побачити його з перших рук. 罗斯向他的朋友、有影响力的 CPR 的威廉·范霍恩 (William Van Horne) 提出了他对公园的愿景,甚至让他在保护区周围划船一探究竟。 Van Horne agreed to speak to well- placed people in Ottawa, and he and Ross then talked to Alderman Hamilton, who speedily brought the idea before the city council. Van Horne a accepté de parler à des personnes bien placées à Ottawa, et lui et Ross ont ensuite parlé à l'échevin Hamilton, qui a rapidement présenté l'idée au conseil municipal. Ван Хорн погодився поговорити з людьми з хорошою посадою в Оттаві, а потім вони з Россом поговорили з олдерменом Гамільтоном, який швидко представив цю ідею міській раді.

The first resolution of Vancouver’s first city council was a request to the federal government on May 12, 1886, to grant the First Narrows Military Reserve to the city as a park. La première résolution du premier conseil municipal de Vancouver était une demande au gouvernement fédéral, le 12 mai 1886, d'accorder la réserve militaire de First Narrows à la ville en tant que parc. La prima risoluzione del primo consiglio comunale di Vancouver fu una richiesta al governo federale il 12 maggio 1886, di concedere la prima riserva militare di Narrows alla città come parco. Першою резолюцією першої міської ради Ванкувера було прохання до федерального уряду 12 травня 1886 року надати місту перший військовий заповідник як парк. A year later, the federal government established Stanley Park on a leasehold basis. Un an plus tard, le gouvernement fédéral a établi le parc Stanley sur une base de bail. Через рік федеральний уряд заснував парк Стенлі на умовах оренди.

Mayor David Oppenheimer officially opened the park on September 17, 1888, declaring it a place where Vancouver’s 6,000 inhabitants could "spend some time amid the beauties of nature away from the busy haunts of men." Bürgermeister David Oppenheimer eröffnete den Park am 17. September 1888 offiziell und erklärte ihn zu einem Ort, an dem die 6.000 Einwohner Vancouvers "einige Zeit inmitten der Schönheiten der Natur abseits der geschäftigen Orte der Menschen verbringen könnten". Le maire David Oppenheimer a officiellement ouvert le parc le 17 septembre 1888, déclarant qu'il s'agissait d'un endroit où les 6 000 habitants de Vancouver pourraient « passer du temps au milieu des beautés de la nature, loin des repaires occupés des hommes ». Мер Девід Оппенгеймер офіційно відкрив парк 17 вересня 1888 року, оголосивши його місцем, де 6000 жителів Ванкувера можуть «провести деякий час серед краси природи далеко від зайнятих людей». 市长大卫·奥本海默 (David Oppenheimer) 于 1888 年 9 月 17 日正式开放了该公园,宣布该公园是温哥华 6,000 名居民可以“在远离人类繁忙出没的自然美景中度过一段时间”的地方。 Several weeks earlier Oppenheimer had written to the CPR’s Sir Donald Smith in Montreal asking him to name the park on behalf of Vancouver. Plusieurs semaines plus tôt, Oppenheimer avait écrit à Sir Donald Smith du CFCP à Montréal pour lui demander de nommer le parc au nom de Vancouver. Кількома тижнями раніше Оппенгеймер написав до сера Дональда Сміта з CPR у Монреалі з проханням назвати парк від імені Ванкувера. Smith asked Governor General Lord Stanley to allow the park to be called by his family name and he agreed. Smith a demandé au gouverneur général Lord Stanley d'autoriser le parc à être appelé par son nom de famille et il a accepté. Сміт попросив генерал-губернатора лорда Стенлі дозволити парку називатися його прізвищем, і він погодився. Lord Stanley dedicated the park on October 29, 1883, during the first visit to Vancouver as a Governor General. Lord Stanley consacre le parc le 29 octobre 1883, lors de la première visite à Vancouver en tant que gouverneur général. Лорд Стенлі освятив парк 29 жовтня 1883 року під час першого візиту до Ванкувера в якості генерал-губернатора. An observer wrote: "Lord Stanley threw his arms to the heavens, as though embracing within them the whole of one thousand acres of primeval forest, and dedicated it to the use and enjoyment of peoples of all colours, creeds, and customs, for all time. " Un observateur a écrit : « Lord Stanley jeta ses armes vers les cieux, comme s'il embrassait en eux la totalité de mille acres de forêt vierge, et la consacra à l'usage et à la jouissance des peuples de toutes couleurs, croyances et coutumes, pour tous. temps. " Un osservatore ha scritto: "Lord Stanley ha gettato le sue braccia verso il cielo, come se abbracciando al loro interno l'intero migliaio di ettari di foresta primordiale, e lo dedicasse all'uso e al godimento di popoli di ogni colore, credo e costume, per tutti tempo. " Een waarnemer schreef: "Lord Stanley wierp zijn armen naar de hemel, alsof hij daarin het geheel van duizend hectare oerbos omhelsde, en wijdde het aan het gebruik en genot van mensen van alle kleuren, geloofsovertuigingen en gebruiken, voor iedereen tijd." Спостерігач писав: «Лорд Стенлі кинув руки до небес, ніби охоплюючи в них цілу тисячу акрів первісного лісу, і присвятив його використанню та насолоді народам усіх кольорів, віросповідань і звичаїв, для всіх час».