爱丽丝 梦游 仙境 9:毛毛虫 的 建议
Alice in Wonderland 9: The Caterpillar's Proposal
毛毛虫 终于 对 爱丽丝 说话 了。
The caterpillar finally spoke to Alice.
“你 是 谁?
” 他用 犯困 的 声音 问。
' he asked in a sleepy voice.
这 不是 一个 好 的 开头。
This is not a good start.
爱丽丝 害羞 地 回答 :“我 不 知道 ,先生。
Alice replied shyly, "I don't know, sir.
今天 早上 起来 ,我 还 知道 自己 是 谁 ,但是 之后 我变 了 好 几次。
I woke up this morning knowing who I am, but then I changed several times.
”
“那 是 什么 意思?
"what does that mean?
解释 给 我 听听。
Explain it to me.
” 毛毛虫 说。
虽然 毛毛虫 看上去 很 没有 礼貌 ,爱丽丝 还是 试着 礼貌 地 回答。
Although the caterpillar looked very rude, Alice tried to answer politely.
“不好意思 ,先生 ,我 没 办法 解释 得 更 详细 了。
"Sorry, sir, I can't explain in more detail.
在 一天 里 不断 地 变大 变小 让 我 觉得 很 困惑。
Constantly getting bigger and smaller throughout the day confuses me.
”
“不会 啊!
"Nope!
”
“可能 你 还 没有 机会 知道。
"Maybe you haven't had the chance to know yet.
” 爱丽丝 说 ,“当 你 变成 蝴蝶 的 时候 ,你 很 可能 也 会 觉得 奇怪。
’ Alice said, ‘When you turn into a butterfly, you probably feel weird too.
”
“我 不会 啊!
"I won't!
” 毛毛虫 说。
“你 可能 跟 我 的 感觉 不 一样。
"You may feel differently than I do.
” 爱丽丝 仍然 尽量 保持 礼貌 地说 ,“但是 对 我 来说 ,变成 蝴蝶 会 是 一件 非常 奇怪 的 事情。
Alice said, still trying to be polite, "but it would be a very strange thing for me to be a butterfly."
”
“你!
” 毛毛虫 说 ,“你 是 谁?
”
他们 的 对话 又 回到 了 起点。
Their conversation is back to where it started.
爱丽丝 对 毛毛虫 的话 感到 很 生气。
Alice was very angry at what the caterpillar said.
她 挺直 了 自己 的 身体 ,盯 着 毛毛虫 说 :“我 觉得 你 应该 先 告诉 我 你 是 谁!
She straightened herself up, looked at the caterpillar and said, "I think you should tell me who you are first!
”
“为什么 呀?
"why?
”
这 又 是 一个 很难 回答 的 问题。
This is another difficult question to answer.
毛毛虫 的 心情 很 不好。
The caterpillar is in a bad mood.
爱丽丝 想要 离开 了 ,她 开始 往 其他 地方 走。
Alice wanted to leave, and she started walking elsewhere.
“回来!
"return!
” 毛毛虫 对 她 叫 道 ,“我 有 重要 的 事情 跟 你 说!
cried the caterpillar to her, "I have something important to tell you!"
”
爱丽丝 挺 感兴趣。
Alice was interested.
于是 她 走 回来 ,等 毛毛虫 说话。
So she came back and waited for the caterpillar to speak.
“不要 发脾气。
"Don't lose your temper.
” 毛毛虫 说。
“就 这样?
"that's it?
” 爱丽丝 非常 生气。
“不是 啊!
”
好几分钟 过去 了 ,毛毛虫 就 静静地 坐在 那里 ,不理 爱丽丝。
Several minutes passed, and the caterpillar just sat there quietly, ignoring Alice.
爱丽丝 又 打算 离开 了 ,但 她 其实 也 没有 什么 事情 可 做。
Alice planned to leave again, but she really had nothing to do.
于是 ,她 决定 继续 等待。
So she decided to keep waiting.
也许 毛毛虫 还是 会 说出 什么 有趣 的 事情 来。
Maybe the caterpillar will say something interesting anyway.
毛毛虫 终于 又 说话 了。
“所以 你 觉得 自己 变 了?”
"So you feel like you've changed?"
“是 的” 。
爱丽丝 说。
她 很 高兴 毛毛虫 终于 听到 她 说 的话 了。
She was very happy that the caterpillar finally heard what she had to say.
“一 开始 我 变 大 了 ,然后 我 又 变小 了。
每 几分钟 我 都 会变 一次。
I change every few minutes.
”
毛毛虫 打量 了 一下 爱丽丝。
The caterpillar looked at Alice.
“你 想 变成 多大?
"How big do you want to be?
”
“我 不在乎。
"I do not care.
我 只是 不 喜欢 一直 这样 变来变去。
I just don't like going back and forth like this all the time.
你 知道 吧?
”
“我 不 知道 啊!
"I do not know!
” 毛毛虫 回答。
爱丽丝 什么 也 没 说。
Alice said nothing.
她 从来 没有 见过 这么 不 友好 的 动物。
She had never seen such an unfriendly animal.
她 要 发脾气 了。
She is going to lose her temper.
毛毛虫 打断 了 她 的 思路。
The caterpillar interrupted her train of thought.
“那 你 现在 满意 吗?
"Then are you satisfied now?
”
“我 想要 变 大 ,因为 三 英寸 是 个 让 人 讨厌 的 高度。
"I want to get bigger because three inches is a nasty height.
”
“三 英寸 是 个 完美 的 高度!
"Three inches is the perfect height!
” 毛毛虫 站 起来 ,让 爱丽丝 看到 他 刚好 就是 三 英寸。
’ The Caterpillar stood up so that Alice could see that he was exactly three inches away.
“但是 我 根本 就 不 习惯!
"But I'm not used to it at all!
” 爱丽丝 抱怨 说。
' complained Alice.
“你 很快 就 会 习惯 了。
” 毛毛虫 说。
爱丽丝 等 了 等 ,希望 毛毛虫 能 多 说些 话。
Alice waited, hoping the caterpillar would talk more.
等到 最后 ,他 只是 打 了 两次 哈欠 ,摇 了 摇 身体。
At the end, he just yawned twice and shook his body.
然后 ,他 从 蘑菇 上爬 了 下来。
Then, he climbed off the mushroom.
“一边 能 让 你 变 大。
"One side makes you bigger.
” 毛毛虫 说 ,“一边 能 让 你 变小。
”
爱丽丝 不 知道 他 在 说 什么。
Alice had no idea what he was talking about.
“什么 的 一边?
"Side of what?
什么 的 另一边?
the other side of what?
” 她 想。
“蘑菇 啊!
"Mushrooms!
” 毛毛虫 回答 ,好像 爱丽丝 刚才 把 问题 问 出 声 了 一样。
’ replied the Caterpillar, as if Alice had just asked the question aloud.
过 了 一会儿 ,他 就 不见 了。
After a while, he disappeared.