爱丽丝 梦游 仙境 10: 吃 蘑菇
Alice in Wonderland 10: Eat Mushrooms
毛毛虫 说 蘑菇 的 一边 会 让 爱丽丝 变 大 ,另外 一边 会 让 她 变小。
The caterpillar says that one side of the mushroom will make Alice bigger and the other side will make her smaller.
说完 ,他 就 消失 了。
After speaking, he disappeared.
爱丽丝 仔细 地 看 了 一下 那个 蘑菇。
Alice looked at the mushroom carefully.
“我 怎么 知道 哪 一边 让 我 变 大 ,哪 一边 让 我 变小 呢?
"How do I know which side makes me bigger and which side makes me smaller?
蘑菇 盖 是 圆 的 ,所以 没有 左边 和 右边。
The mushroom caps are round, so there are no left and right sides.
”
只有 一种 方法 了。
There is only one way.
爱丽丝 张开 双臂 ,两只手 分别 取 下 一块。
Alice opened her arms and took a piece with each hand.
“但是 ,哪一块 可以 让 我 变 大 呢?
"But which piece will make me bigger?
” 爱丽丝 看 了 看 手上 的 蘑菇。
" Alice looked at the mushroom in her hand.
最后 ,她 决定 先 吃 右手 的 蘑菇。
In the end, she decided to eat the mushroom in her right hand first.
她 的 下巴 马上 就 碰到 一个 硬硬 的 东西 ,是 她 的 脚!
Immediately her jaw hit something hard, it was her foot!
爱丽丝 吓坏 了 ,但 她 还是 吃 到 了 左手 的 蘑菇。
Alice is terrified, but she still eats the mushroom in her left hand.
“现在 好多 了!
"it's better now!
” 爱丽丝 开始 变大 时 开心 地说。
said Alice happily as she began to grow.
她 的 脖子 变 长 了 ,她 却 又 害怕 了 起来。
Her neck grew longer, but she was frightened again.
爱丽丝 看不到 自己 的 肩膀 了。
Alice could not see over her own shoulder.
她 往 下 看 ,只能 看到 自己 的 长 脖子 和 一些 叶子。
She looked down and could only see her own long neck and some leaves.
她 并 没有 发现 那些 叶子 是 树顶。
She didn't realize that those leaves were tree tops.
“我 的 手 去 了 哪里?
"Where did my hand go?
” 爱丽丝 问。
' asked Alice.
她 看不到 叶子 的 下面 ,所以 她 把 脖子 弯 了 下来。
She couldn't see under the leaves, so she bent her neck down.
“我 的 脖子 真 灵活!
"My neck is so flexible!
我 好像 变成 了 一条 蛇。
I seem to have turned into a snake.
啊!
” 一只 鸟 撞 到 了 爱丽丝 的 脸 ,她 吓了一跳。
’ A bird hit Alice in the face and she was startled.
“蛇!
” 鸽子 尖叫 道。
’ squealed the pigeon.
“我 不是 蛇!
"I'm not a snake!
” 爱丽丝 生气 地说 ,“别 烦 我!
' Alice said angrily, 'Leave me alone!
”
“不管 我 在 哪里 筑巢 ,蛇 都 会 来 找麻烦!” 鸽子 生气 地说 ,
"No matter where I build my nest, the snakes will make trouble!
“不管 是 白天 还是 晚上 ,我 都 得 提防 着 蛇。
"No matter it is day or night, I have to beware of snakes."
我 已经 三个 星期 没有 睡觉 了!
I haven't slept in three weeks!
”
“真对不起 ,让 你 生气 了!
"I'm so sorry to make you angry!
” 爱丽丝 说 ,“但是……”
“我 把 巢 建 在 最高 的 树上 ,觉得 这样 就 没有 蛇 了。" 鸽子 说。
"I built the nest in the tallest tree, thinking it would keep the snakes out.
“但是 ,你 还是 从 天上 爬 了 下来!
"but you still climbed down from the sky!
走开 ,蛇!
Go away, snake!
”
“我 不是 蛇。
"I am not a snake.
” 爱丽丝 说 ,“我 是 ……我 是……”
’ Alice said, ‘I am… I am…’
“你 是 什么?
"what are you?
” 鸽子 追问 ,“你 想 说 什么?
The pigeon asked, "What do you want to say?"
”
“我 ……我 是 一个 小 女孩儿。
"I... I'm a little girl.
” 爱丽丝 最后 说。
她 已经 经历 了 太 多 的 变化 ,她 自己 也 不 确定 自己 是 谁 了。
She's been through so many changes that she's not sure who she is anymore.
“我见 过 许多 小 女孩儿 ,但是 从来 没有 看到 过 有 这么 长 脖子 的。
"I've seen many little girls, but never one with such a long neck.
” 鸽子 怀疑 地 看着 她 ,“ 不 ,你 是 蛇!
The pigeon looked at her suspiciously, "No, you are a snake!"
你 就是 蛇!
You are the snake!
你 肯定 还会 跟 我 说 你 从来 都 没 吃过 蛋 吧?
You must still tell me that you have never eaten eggs, right?
”
“我 吃 过 蛋。
"I ate eggs.
” 爱丽丝 坦白 地说 ,“小 女孩儿 和 蛇 一样 经常 吃 蛋。
’ said Alice frankly, ‘little girls eat eggs as often as snakes.
”
“我 不 相信。
"I do not believe.
” 鸽子 坚定 地说 ,“不管 你 是 小 女孩儿 还是 蛇 ,你 在 找 蛋。
The pigeon said firmly, "It doesn't matter if you're a little girl or a snake, you're looking for eggs."
”
“我 没有 在 找 蛋。
"I'm not looking for eggs.
就算 我 在 找 蛋 ,我 也 不 想要 你 的。
Even if I'm looking for eggs, I don't want yours.
” 爱丽丝 跺 了 跺脚 ,大地 都 震动 了。
Alice stomped her feet, and the ground shook.
“我 不 喜欢 生 的 蛋!
"I don't like raw eggs!
”
“那 就 走开!
"Then go away!
” 鸽子 还是 很 生气。
’ The pigeon was still very angry.
她 回到 了 自己 的 巢 里。
She returned to her nest.
爱丽丝 想要 蹲 在 树 中间 ,但是 她 的 脖子 总是 缠 到 树枝 上。
Alice tried to squat in the middle of the tree, but her neck kept getting wrapped around the branches.
“我 需要 变成 原来 的 大小。
"I need to get back to my original size.
” 爱丽丝 自言自语 地说。
' said Alice to herself.
她 小心翼翼 地 吃 了 一块 蘑菇 ,然后 又 吃 了 另 一块 蘑菇。
She carefully ate one piece of mushroom, and then another.
最后 ,她 变成 了 原来 的 样子。
In the end, she became what she was.
“这样 好多 了!
"It's so much better!
” 爱丽丝 说。
said Alice.
她 开始 在 树林 里 行走。
She started walking in the woods.
突然 ,她 来到 了 一个 大概 四 英尺 高 的 房子 前面。
Suddenly, she was in front of a house about four feet high.
“不 知道 谁 住 在 这里。
"I don't know who lives here.
” 爱丽丝 说 ,“但是 ,他们 一定 比 我 小。
' said Alice, 'but they must be younger than me.
我 这么 大 ,会 吓 到 他们。
I'm so big, I'm going to scare them.
”
于是 ,爱丽丝 又 吃 了 一点 蘑菇 ,直到 自己 只有 九 英寸 高。
So Alice ate a little more mushrooms, until she was only nine inches high.