БЕЗ ДУРАКОВ - 2014 - Эхо Москвы 020 - 24 МАЯ 2014

Bleh. It is not too often I get completely flummoxed with a paragraph but this one has my head spinning. I tried to translate it but it was senseless. If anyone could translate it I would be very grateful. Thanks!

Ну, вот я начал с того, что представил вас как музыканта, собственно, так вас и представляют. А я еще могу представить совершенно по-разному, в общем, как видного деятеля музыкальной шеренги «пятой колонны», например, как и представляют. В последнее время становитесь известным благодаря творчеству молодых, там, артистов самых разных видов, и в «яйцах чужого» видели вас, и здесь, напротив «Эха Москвы». Добавляет самоуважения, или наоборот, огорчаетесь по этому поводу?

This was my best guess but it sounds dumb and nonsensical:

I started with the fact that I presented you the way muscians represent you. But, I can present you differently, in general, as a prominent member of the musical ranks “of 5 columns”, for example, as they present. Recently, becomes known thanks to the works, there, of young artists of very different types, and in “others eggs”, and they see you, and here, contrary to “Eco Mosvi”. Adds self-esteem, or the opposite, annoys.

‘‘I started by presenting you as a musician, as basically they present you. But I can present you in different ways, say, as a prominent member of the music rank of the ‘fifth column’, for example; as they (also) present you. Recently, you’re getting famous through/thanks to the works of young artists of different types; they saw you both in ‘Aliens eggs’ and here, in front of (the office of) ‘Echo of Moscow’. Does it give you self-esteem, or, on the contrary, you’re getting upset because of this?’’

‘Aliens eggs’ refers to this event: http://glavplakat.ru/article/194 (in Russian)
In short, that was a performance in which the members of opposition (aka ‘5th column’) was presented coming out of Aliens eggs (like in movie Aliens). Sickening action, to be honest.

Hope this helps.

Ah. This all makes sense now. I also didn’t know what “5th Column” (Пятая колонна — Википедия) meant. With understanding of 5th Column and alien eggs the paragraph becomes clear. My wife explained to me that people are really mad at him right now.

Thanks for the help!