It looks like you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Sorry, we only support IE 10 and above. To use the site you will need to use a more up to date browser. We strongly recommend you upgrade to:

Референдум на востоке Украины (The referendum in the East of Ukraine)

Go to page: « 1 2

One of the obstacles that has prevented the Ukraine government from moving in the direction of federalization or official status for Russian is precisely the fact that these policies are championed by Russia.

Russia has positioned itself as an aggressor against the Ukrainian state, seizing territory and lying about the participation of its own troops, fanning false hopes and dissension amongst Russian speakers with a hate campaign against the Kiev government, and encouraging, or at the very least not discouraging Russian nationalist adventurers and weapons from flowing into Ukraine to destabilize the situation. The less Russia and Russians are involved in the Ukrainian situation, the more likely a peaceful resolution.

For sure it would be better if the Ukrainians could sort out the situation entirely amongst themselves. But I believe it was the West (specifically the EU) which started external interference and meddling in Ukrainian affairs. The reaction from the Russians should have been entirely predictable. From their point of view it is entirely rational to assert their position, if the West is going to start fomenting violent disorder and regime-change in Kiev.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander, in my opinion.

By the way,

how many topics will be opened on the same theme? I would prefer that there would be a place for language learning, rather than some propaganda spread place.
Those lessons from evgueny40, with screaming headlines, with the view of only one point sounds like propaganda that there should not be.

"By the way,

how many topics will be opened on the same theme? I would prefer that there would be a place for language learning, rather than some propaganda spread place.
Those lessons from evgueny40, with screaming headlines, with the view of only one point sounds like propaganda that there should not be."

It is propaganda, don't think that all Russians believe in 'bad Ukrainian nationalists' and Russian-speaking Ukrainian citizens who want to be liberated. It's all Putin's scheming, typical KGB methods. And I'm ashamed that so many educated and respected Russian people believe in that kind of disgusting propaganda.

@Saulikos
I'm now in my holiday in Israel, so it's difficult for me to react all my opponents.
But I have only to say: you have one opinion, I have another. It doesn't mean that my or your opinion is right and another is
propaganda' - everyone can have differerent opinions. and there are different opinions also among the Russians.
The vivid polemic shows that there is a big interest among the Lingq members to this topic.
But of course not all people are intersted in politics,for example -my wife has no interest,so she just doesn't read or listen to the political news.
BTW, among my donations to Lingq the political aricles take maybe 10% of all, and 90% are devoted to the language study and to the cultural issues.

Go to page: « 1 2

To comment login or sign up for a free account