Don't share "Deutsche Welle" and "Goethe-Institut"

Unfortunately we have no permission to share content from “Deutsche Welle” and “Goethe-Institut”. Please do not share it in the library. You can import it for personal usage, but do not share it.

I found collections of Deutsche Welle in the English and French library. There are two problems:

• We have no permission.
  • The podcasts are bilingual.
1 Like

Hi Vera, I’m Glad I found this post, I removed the lessons from the library, but I wanted to ask, have anyone tried asking for their permission before?
I also wanted to thank you for all your efforts on LingQ, I’m restarting my studies of German, and I’m sure that your lessons will be of great help to me :slight_smile:

Hi Ahmad, yes, Irene has asked and I’ve asked too. My experience is that the official networks will not give persmission. It’s a pity.
Let me know if I could help you with German.

Hi Ahmad, I saw that you uploaded an English collection “Introductory Philosophy Course”. This is under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA - Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States — CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 US
Unfortunately you cannot use it on LingQ because “NC” means “No commercial” and LingQ is commercial. I’m sorry. I had this problem before, too. >ou can email them and ask for an exception. If you explain the purpose of LingQ they’ll maybe give permission.

Hi Vera, I just saw ur response, I will contact them as u suggested, and thank u for ur help :slight_smile:

Good luck. I’ve tried it in the past for other resources. Sometimes it works, other times not. It depends on the people and your explanation.

I’m really sorry but we have not the permission to share content from Deutsche Welle. Unfortunately they give us not the permission to share their copyrighted materials here on LingQ. So I’ve unshared all the new lessons in the library. But everyone can still upload them as private lessons and keep them private.

Just want to bring this up again.

Hallo Vera,
Is it possible (and allowed) to share private material with other LinkQ users? (The material always remains private)
And thank you!
Daniel

Hi Daniel,
As far as I know this is possible. You can share them privately from the library. Open the library, search the lesson, klick on the drop down symbol, and use “share on”. Then you can share it on LingQ. I haven’t tested it yet, but I guess this is the way it works.
You’re welcome,
Vera

2 Likes

Thank you Vera! And thank you for your constant contribution to make LingQ even better!
Daniel Léo Simpson
Composer
San Francisco