Lashings of cream?

what is that mean ? thanks!

Lots of cream; much cream

1 Like

ok, thanks

Please be aware that this lesson was written by a non-native speaker, and contains several grammar mistakes. I think it’s unfortunate that lessons such as these aren’t clearly marked as being non-native, but we have had this discussion before, and have been told that there will be no policy change, so I will just leave you a friendly warning.

2 Likes

ok, it’s clear now, thanks for explanation

My dear Wulfgar! All my lessons are checked by the native speakers.
And they are read by native speakers as well.

Dear evgueny40, your lessons are greate!
Dear Wulfgar, how is this sentence should look like in your opinion ?
Guys, let’s be friends! :slight_smile:

evgueny40/Denton, no offense, but I’m not going to point out the mistakes. LingQ isn’t going to change their policy, so I’m not going to go through the effort. I will warn people when I see problems, and let them decide what to do.

This lesson is excellent, culturally interesting, read slowly and clearly by a native speaker. The term "lashings " to mean generous helpings of something, like cream or custard, is one that I have never heard before, (but then I am not English). According to google, “lasings of cream” and “lashings of custard” seem to be the preferred choices for these situations. But as I type this, my spell checker won’t accept “lasings”. So I think we are talking about a tempest in a teacup here.

1 Like

A tempest in a teacup with a lashings of cream in it as well :)))
Wow, it seems my English has gotten richer now :wink:
Thank you all !