Problems with site on Safari (SSL Cert Related)

Recently LingQ has stopped working properly in Safari, in various places I see the following JS error:

Failed to load resource: The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be “www.lingq.com” which could put your confidential information at risk.

It looks like it can’t load the internationalisation library and hence things break. Further investigation would seem to suggest that the SSL certificate has been revoked, and therefore the browser is blocking the request.

Where are you seeing this issue? We did recently update our SSL certificate but it should be working properly.

Thanks for getting back to me. I noticed I couldn’t post on the exchange and only the first post on a thread loaded. It was failing on a call to “get_text()” if I remember correctly. However, the problem seems to have gone away now. Perhaps I was accessing the site whilst things were still being changed over, or the old certificate was somehow still being cached somewhere.

It sounds like it must have been some kind of caching issue. Glad it’s resolved now!