Captcha - difficult to read

It is very difficult to tread the captcha, and often I need two or three tries.
Perhaps it would be a Little easier if the back slashs were not in.

I suppose that "" is me or twisted “I”. But, I am not sure.

to edit is no longer possible, too

Hallo Irene,

es gibt bereits 2 Threads dazu:
http://www.lingq.com/forum/4/31031/last/
http://www.lingq.com/forum/2/31066/last/

Thanks, Vera, it is good to have all comments together.

I must say the the new Captcha is worse for me than before. Before it was only 4 letters now 15?

1 Like

They are easier to read, that’s an advantage!
And you can listen and type instead.

@all - The new Captcha should hopefully be easier to read. If not, you can refresh it to request a new Captcha. We will also see if we can customize this Captcha to have it only display in certain scenarios, say for new members or after a certain number of back-to-back posts. Our main priority with this is to prevent hundreds/thousands of posts from being made on the Forum by another spammer, so removing the Captcha altogether is not currently an option as we don’t want to expose ourselves again and cause members to receive dozens of notification emails. Please bear with us as we get this all sorted out, thanks!

Today I was lucky and got number-Captchas. Would it be a solution to always offer these to existing members - if you need to continue having Captchas?

Shucks, this one is a letter-spaghetti again! See, I did it wrong, again!

Letter-Captchas have become very difficult indeed.
I am lucky and this time I have numbers! Wow!

1 Like

@SanneT, mfr - After the Captcha implementation, our next highest priority is site performance. Things should be running a bit more quickly, but we’re still working on this to make our setup more efficient and more powerful to ensure members don’t experience any more sluggishness like over the past week.

Once we get all this sorted out, I promise we’ll take another look at the Captcha and see if we are able to tweak the implementation to perhaps make it show less frequently for existing members. For now, just keep refreshing until you find one that’s easier! :slight_smile: Remember the squiggly “word” isn’t case-sensitive!

For me the Captchas with numbers are very easy to handle, whereas with the Captchas with letters I have lots of difficulties to read them and I need several attempts to do a posting.

Fasulye

just a dissenting voice. I am a middle aged man with glasses and i am not having any difficulty with the captcha

Surprisingly, I am not having any trouble either although I still feel anxiety building whenever I am faced with one. I have had such horrid experiences in other applications using captchas! I’ve often simply given up and not gone wherever I was hoping to go. But I haven’t had trouble with the recent captchas at LingQ.

Oh, oh, this one looks hard. Ack! We’ll see…

The first days when it began to have captchas here, it WAS very difficult and nearly impossible to read them.
NOW, with the numbers, it is easy - for me, too! I no longer have problems.

1 Like