It looks like you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Sorry, we only support IE 10 and above. To use the site you will need to use a more up to date browser. We strongly recommend you upgrade to:

Two observations about the Exchange.

Go to page: « 1 2 3 4 5 6

As the roses are not for specific languages and not for the tutoring only, they are not a good indicator of the tutor abilities.

Recent, Most Active, and Highest Rated
You can choose a so-called corrector from the above three lists, each of which has three tutors.
The order of the tutors on the list is not clear. More fundamentally, I don't know what 'active' means in this context.
"Recent" is also hard to understand because the same three tutors remain there all the time.
(Edited)

P.S.
There is no list titled 'Recent' in the case of German.

I sometimes think I need a "LingQ driving licence" exam after each update, to learn how to make the best use of all the various things on offer.

The Exchange has been around for a bit now and I am still discovering new bits . . .

Hi Sanne,
that's a relief - I thought I am too old :-)

This is a great discussion and as the day begins here, let us discuss this internally to see what can be done. We would love to have a more active exchange. And yet, it is not obvious how to use it, let alone how to better organize it. However, the potential is great, if we were able to get more participation.

mmm...native speaker flag....what to do when a correction by a native speaker is submitted by me? I can offer corrections in five native speaker languages by five native speaker individuals all under my profile. Anything I have ever offered has always been by a native speaker, though obviously I am not a native speaker of five languages. I wouldn't dream of offering a non-native correction though I see many others do.

OK, it was not a good idea about the flag.

@Maria

I don't think Lingq allows, or should allow, multiple users on a single account. It kind of defeats the purpose of the social features of the site.

Sorry David, I don't get what you are saying, could you please clarify?

I am the user of my account, when I make a correction I ensure that it is the correction of a native speaker. In other words I wouldn't dream of offering a non-native correction and always ensure that the correction offered is by a native speaker.

I can offer corrections in five native speaker languages by five native speaker individuals but I am the user of my account, and as it happens, I was a paying member for a year but ceased due to the constantly reoccurring bugs and simply gave up using it as a site to learn languages.

Go to page: « 1 2 3 4 5 6

To comment login or sign up for a free account