Conjugation of Spanish verbs - where is vosotros?

Hi,
I came about several Spanish beginner lessons, where the 2nd person plural form ‘vosotros’ seems to be always left out!
Why is that?

Second person plural familiar ‘vosotros’ is used typically only in Spain, so content from Mexico or other Latin American countries will not use vosotros.

But what do they use instead?

Ustedes

Ress, you are correct, my answer is incomplete. As Jorgis stated in Mexico or other Latin American countries, Ustedes (all of you, they) third person plural formal is used instead of Vosotros (all of you) second person plural familar.

Singular:

1. yo
  2. él / ella / Usted

Plural:

1. nosotros
  2. Ustedes
  3. ellos / ellas / Ustedes

Really?

In some countries people also use “usted” instead of “tú”, and in Argentina and some regions of other countries, they use “vos” instead of “tú”.

Don’t worry about it though.

Thank you Mike for your answer, which is very helpful.

Since, I checked vosotros on google and found:
‘‘VOSOTROS In Spain, there are two ways to express the second person plural: one implies familiarity with the audience (vosotros) while the other indicates more courtesy (“ustedes”). Vosotros takes the verb in the second person plural, and “ustedes” the third person plural. This double option does not exist in Latin America, where the only form available is “ustedes”, except in the religious liturgy, where vosotros is sometimes retained.’’

And here for others who also wondered about the ‘missing vosotros’, another useful link about different circumstances when to use Ustedes or Vosotros in Spain:

http://www.livinglanguage.com/blog/2014/10/21/when-to-use-vosotros/

So you are of course absolutely right Mike!.
This different use between most of Spain and Latin America came as a bit of an interesting surprise!

Things to remember

‘tu’ implies familiarity. However, it is also used for people who are below the speaker’s social status. It should never be used with strangers.

‘usted’ is a polite form that also means that there is a social distance between the speaker and the one who is listening. it is used when we are not intimate. It is preferable to use unless we are in a first name basis. It is never used with the boss, parents, or seniors of anz type.

‘ustedes’ is the plural form of ‘usted.’