第 6集 :新疆 到底 怎么 了? What exactly is happening in Xinjiang?
Episode 6: Was genau passiert in Xinjiang? Was genau geschieht in Xinjiang?
Episode 6: What exactly is happening in Xinjiang? What exactly is happening in Xinjiang?
Episodio 6: ¿Qué está ocurriendo exactamente en Xinjiang? ¿Qué está ocurriendo exactamente en Xinjiang?
第6回:新疆で一体何が起きているのか? 新疆で一体何が起きているのか?
大家 好 ,欢迎 回到 茶 歇 中文 ,我 是Nathan。
最近 ,在 中国 好像 因为 新疆 的 事情 闹 得 沸沸扬扬。
Recently, there seems to be a lot of uproar in China because of things in Xinjiang.
沸沸扬扬 是 一个 成语 ,意思 是 说 :人们 都 在 讨论 一件 事情。
Boiling is an idiom, which means: people are discussing one thing.
在 中国 ,因为 新疆 的 事情 闹 得 沸沸扬扬 ,意思 是 说 :人们 都 在 讨论 新疆 的 事情。
In China, there is a lot of noise because of things in Xinjiang, which means: people are discussing things in Xinjiang.
所以 在 新疆 发生 了 什么?
So what's happening in Xinjiang?
如果 你 不 知道 的话 ,没关系 ,让 我 来 告诉 你。
If you don't know, it's okay, let me tell you.
你 肯定 知道 服装 公司 h&m。
Surely you know the clothing company h&m.
服装 ,就是 “衣服 ”,但是 中文 里 我们 不说 “衣服 公司 ”,这样 会 有点 奇怪。
Clothing means "clothes", but we don't say "clothes company" in Chinese, which is a bit strange.
我们 说 :h&m是 一个 服装 公司。
最近 ,h&m在 他们 的 网站 上 说 ,以后 不买 中国 新疆 的 棉花 了。
Recently, h&m said on their website that they will no longer buy cotton from Xinjiang, China.
棉花 是 英语 里 的 cotton,是 一种 用来 做 衣服 的 植物。
Cotton is cotton in English, a plant used to make clothes.
所以 ,h&m说 ,以后 不买 新疆 的 cotton,不买 新疆 的 棉花 了。
Therefore, h&m said that they will not buy cotton from Xinjiang in the future, nor will they buy cotton from Xinjiang.
为什么 呢?
h&m说 ,因为 在 新疆 ,汉族人 对 维吾尔族 人 很 不好 ,说 汉族人 对 维吾尔族 人 做 了 很多 不好 的 事情。
h&m said that because in Xinjiang, the Han people treated the Uyghurs very badly, saying that the Han people did a lot of bad things to the Uyghurs.
很快 ,nike 和 adidas 也 加入 h&m,说 以后 再也不会 买 新疆 的 棉花。
Soon, nike and adidas also joined h&m, saying that they would never buy Xinjiang cotton again.
那么 中国 的 反应 是 怎样 的 呢?
What was China's response?
很快 ,中国 就 禁止 了 h&m在 中国 的 网上 卖东西。
Soon, China banned h&m from selling things online in China.
你 知道 ,在 中国 ,很多 人 在 淘宝 ,天猫 ,Amazon 等 网站 上 买 东西。
You know, in China, a lot of people buy things on Taobao, Tmall, Amazon, etc.
但是 现在 ,如果 你 想 在 这些 网站 上 买 h&m的 衣服 ,已经 是 不 可能 的 了。
But now, if you want to buy h&m clothes on these sites, it is no longer possible.
现在 ,没有 人 可以 在 网上 买 h&m的 衣服。
在 新疆 ,真的 发生 了 h&m说 的 事情 吗?
In Xinjiang, did what h&m said really happened?
汉族人 真的 对 维吾尔族 人 做 了 不好 的 事情 吗?
Did the Han Chinese really do something bad to the Uyghurs?
首先 ,我们 需要 知道 ,新疆 在 哪里 ,是 一个 什么样 的 地方。
First, we need to know where Xinjiang is and what kind of a place it is.
新疆 在 哪里?
新疆 在 中国 的 西部。
在 新疆 的 旁边 有 很多 国家 ,比如说 :蒙古 、俄罗斯 、哈萨克斯坦 、阿富汗 、巴基斯坦 和 印度 等等。
Next to Xinjiang are many countries such as Mongolia, Russia, Kazakhstan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India.
在 新疆 ,有 很多 “少数民族”。
你 可能 知道 ,在 中国 ,人口 最 多 的 是 汉族。
As you may know, the largest population in China is the Han Chinese.
比如 我 ,Nathan,我 是 一个 汉族人。
在 中国 ,如果 你 不是 汉族人 ,那么 ,你 就是 一个 少数民族 人。
你 明白 什么 是 “少数民族 ”了 吗?
少数民族 在 英语 里 是ethnic minorities。
Ethnic minorities in English are ethnic minorities.
在 新疆 ,人口 最 多 的 少数民族 是 维吾尔族。
In Xinjiang, the Uyghurs are the most populous ethnic minority.
当然 ,“维吾尔 ”不是 一个 中文 的 单词 ,不是 一个 汉语 的 单词 ,是 一个 维吾尔族 的 单词。
Of course, "Uyghur" is not a Chinese word, not a Chinese word, but a Uyghur word.
在 新疆 ,差不多 百分之 50的 人 是 维吾尔 人 ,然后 百分之 40的 人 是 汉族人 ,还有 百分之 10的 人 是 其他 少数民族 的 人。
In Xinjiang, almost 50 percent of the people are Uighurs, then 40 percent are Han Chinese, and 10 percent are people from other ethnic minorities.
所以 ,我们 可以 知道 ,维吾尔族 是 新疆 人口 最 多 的 民族。
Therefore, we can know that the Uyghurs are the most populous ethnic group in Xinjiang.
对 了 ,维吾尔族 在 英语 里 的 翻译 是Uighur。
By the way, the translation of Uighur in English is Uighur.
我 没有 去过 新疆 ,所以 我 不 知道 在 中国 有没有 h&m说 的 事情。
I haven't been to Xinjiang, so I don't know if there is anything h&m said in China.
所以 今天 我 想 和 大家 分享 我 对 新疆 的 印象。
So today I want to share with you my impressions of Xinjiang.
我 对 维吾尔族 人有 什么 印象 呢?
What is my impression of the Uighurs?
第一 ,维吾尔族 人 相信 伊斯兰教 ,他们 是 穆斯林。
第二 ,很多 汉族人 觉得 维吾尔族 人 长得 很 漂亮 ,因为 他们 的 长相 有 一点 像 亚洲 人 ,又 有 一点 像 欧洲人。
Second, many Han people think that Uyghurs are beautiful because they look a little like Asians and a little European.
第三 ,维吾尔族 人 很 喜欢 唱歌 和 跳舞。
第四 ,维吾尔族 的 菜 很 好吃。
其实 ,在 我家 附近 就 有 一家 维吾尔族 的 餐厅 ,里面 的 菜 非常 好吃。
In fact, there is a Uyghur restaurant near my home, and the food is very good.
在 大学 里 ,有 不少 的 维吾尔族 学生。
There are many Uyghur students in the university.
有 的 维吾尔族 学生 的 普通话 很 好 ,有 的 人 的 普通话 有 口音。
Some people's Mandarin is very good, and some people's Mandarin has an accent.
维吾尔族 学生 互相 说话 的 时候 ,是 不会 说 普通话 ,他们 只会 说 维吾尔语。
When Uyghur students speak to each other, they do not speak Mandarin, they only speak Uyghur.
我 有 一个 维吾尔族 的 朋友 ,他教 了 我 一点点 维吾尔语。
现在 ,我 还 记得 怎么 说 :你好 ,谢谢。
Now, I remember how to say: Hello, thank you.
我 记得 用 维吾尔语 说 “你好 ”是:Yahximusiz。
谢谢 是:Rehmet。
不过 ,我 的 发音 可能 不太好。
But my pronunciation might not be so good.
我们 真的 是 很 好 的 朋友。
We are really good friends.
我 有 的 时候 会 帮助 他 的 学习 ,因为 上课 的 时候 ,老师 说 普通话 说 得 很快 ,我 的 朋友 有时候 听不懂。
Sometimes I help him with his studies, because during class, the teacher speaks Mandarin very quickly, and sometimes my friend can't understand.
其实 ,关于 新疆 学生 的 教育 ,我 觉得 中国 做 得 不好。
In fact, regarding the education of Xinjiang students, I think China is not doing well.
对 ,我 知道 ,上个星期 我 说 过 关于 中国 教育 的 事情 ,但是 今天 说 到 新疆 的 学生 ,我 又 想起 了 一个 教育 的 问题。
Yes, I know, last week I talked about education in China, but today when I talk about students in Xinjiang, I think of another education issue.
那 就是 :在 大学 里 ,维吾尔族 学生 的 成绩 一直 不太好。
That is: in college, Uyghur students are consistently underachieving.
我 觉得 ,最大 的 原因 是 ,他们 在 上课 的 时候 ,听不懂 老师 说话。
老师 都 是 汉族人 ,说 普通话 很快。
汉族 学生 听得懂 ,但是 维吾尔族 学生 ,他们 不 一定 听得懂。
Han Chinese students can understand, but Uyghur students, they may not understand.
每次 考试 的 时候 ,维吾尔族 学生 的 成绩 总是 不好。
Uyghur students always do not do well on every exam.
但是 ,老师 不会 帮助 他们。
我 的 维吾尔族 朋友 学习 日语。
日语 就是Japanese。
Le japonais est le japonais.
但是 ,他 告诉 我 说 ,他 可能 永远 也 不会 用 日语 这个 语言。
However, he told me that he may never speak the language Japanese.
大学毕业 后 ,他会 回到 新疆 ,然后 和 他 的 家人 住在一起。
After graduating from college, he will return to Xinjiang and live with his family.
在 新疆 ,几乎 没有 日本 人 ,也 不会 有 日语 的 工作。
In Xinjiang, there are almost no Japanese, and there are no jobs in Japanese.
所以 ,这 让 我 很 伤心。
So, this makes me very sad.
因为 他 在 大学 学习 了 四年 日语 ,但是 他 永远 也 不会 用 日语 这个 语言。
Because he studied Japanese for four years in college, he will never be able to use the language.
Parce qu'il a étudié le japonais pendant quatre ans à l'université, il ne pourra jamais l'utiliser comme langue.
不过 ,我 的 朋友 没有 告诉 过 我 ,说 中国 的 政府 对 维吾尔族 人 做 过 不好 的 事情。
However, my friends have not told me that the Chinese government has done bad things to the Uyghurs.
我 问过 他 关于 这个 的 问题。
I asked him about this.
他 说 :没有。
他 说 ,在 新疆 有 监狱。
He said there are prisons in Xinjiang.
监狱 就是 prison,但是 他 说 :监狱 里面 是 真的 坏人 ,真的 不好 的 人。
Prison is Prison, but he said: There are really bad people in prison, really bad people.
他 说 ,他 ,还有 他 的 家人 ,没有 人 在 那样 的 地方。
He said he, and his family, had no one in a place like that.
所以 我 想 :监狱 是 每个 地方 都 有 的 ,不是 吗?
So I thought: Prisons are everywhere, aren't they?
如果 你 是 坏人 ,你 去 监狱。
If you're the bad guy, you go to jail.
如果 你 是 好人 ,你 不 去 监狱。
If you're a good person, you don't go to jail.
这 很 正常。
This is normal.
最近 ,因为 h&m 的 这件 事情 ,我 想 我 还 会 去 问 我 的 维吾尔族 朋友。
Recently, because of the H&M incident, I think I will ask my Uighur friends.
我 可能 会 在 以后 的 节目 里 和 大家 分享 他 的 回答。
I may share his answer with you on a future show.
我 想 再说 一遍 ,我 没有 去过 新疆。
I want to say it again, I have not been to Xinjiang.
我 也 真的 不 知道 新疆 是 怎么样 的。
I also really don't know how Xinjiang is like.
我 今天 只能 和 大家 分享 我 的 经历 ,告诉 大家 我 对 新疆 的 印象 ,和 我 认识 的 维吾尔族 人。
I can only share my experience with you today and tell you my impression of Xinjiang and the Uighur people I know.
你 听说 了 最近 h&m 禁止 新疆 棉花 的 事情 吗?
Have you heard about the recent h&m ban on cotton in Xinjiang?
你 有 什么 看法 呢?
What are your views?
我 最近 开 了 一个 YouTube频道 ,里面 有 每一集 的 播客 ,你 可以 在 那里 留言 ,说 说 自己 的 看法。
I recently started a YouTube channel with a podcast of each episode, where you can leave comments and tell us what you think.
我 的 YouTube频道 的 名字 就 叫:TeaTime Chinese。
当然 ,如果 你 想要 这个 星期 播客 的 transcript,原文 的话 ,你 可以 去 我 的Patreon Page。
在 那里 ,你 会 看见 每一集 播客 的 原文 ,和 英语 的 翻译。
There, you'll see the original text of each podcast episode and the English translation.
希望 我 的 播客 能 帮助 你 学习 中文。
下 一次 ,我们 会聊 什么?
下 一次 ,我们 会聊 在 美国 的 亚洲 人。
Next time, we'll talk about Asians in America.
我 知道 ,这 也 是 最近 的 一个 很大 的 事情 ,所以 现在 我 就要 开始 准备 下个星期 的 节目。
I know that this is a big deal these days, so I'm going to start preparing for next week's show right now.
好 吧 ,今天 的 节目 就 到 这里 ,谢谢 大家 收听。
我们 下次 再见。