Spanish in Guatemala

Hello all,

I’m curious if anyone has taken Spanish classes in Guatemala and recommends a certain school. I took classes there in 2007, but I don’t have much recent info. I have my eye on a couple of schools in Antigua. The plan is to go down there for 5 weeks, starting in late August. I’ll be doing 5~6 hours a day one to one. Plus 2-4 hours of homework a night. In the next three months I’m going to try to complete all of FSI Spanish, while also doing 1-2 hours of Spanish reading and listening on Lingq. I have some prior experience learning Spanish, but I haven’t used it much in the last few years. I’m hoping that all of this will be enough to get me to around a solid C1 on the DELE by the time I leave Guatemala. What’s more, I will be moving to Spain for one year (business school) starting in November. Once I reach a solid C1 and move close to a C2 I hope to work on picking up Portuguese as quickly as possible, while also steadily working on Korean.

Anyways, I just wanted to write down my plans and see if anyone else has done something similar.

Cheers