Interesting words

1. so-called
    GOP Sen. Sasse Doesn't 'Understand' Trump's Statements on Putin or on 'So-Called Judges' - ABC News
  2. second-guess
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-administration-appeals-to-restore-travel-ban-says-earlier-ruling-was-second-guessing-the-president/2017/02/05/6fcdbb5a-eb4c-11e6-80c2-30e57e57e05d_story.html?utm_term=.a7282cca7a8e&wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1
  3. an alternative fact
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/22/politics/kellyanne-conway-alternative-facts/
  4. enjoy
    “Interview with @oreillyfactor on Fox Network - 4:00 P.M. (prior to Super Bowl). Enjoy!”
  5. hire American
    The folly of Trump's 'buy American and hire American'
  1. fake news
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-attempts-a-reset-with-a-rally-new-staff-and-a-renewed-fight-with-the-media/2017/02/18/6ec54f74-f54d-11e6-b9c9-e83fce42fb61_story.html?utm_term=.892d7e3c3113&wpisrc=nl_evening&wpmm=1
  1. America First (= America Alone)
    Subscribe to read | Financial Times
  1. believe me
    Donald Trump | BELIEVE ME | Ultimate Funny Compilation - YouTube

I don’t love Trump, but i love how butthurt he makes you all. It’s so funny watching you all bitch and moan like children. He’s president for the next 4 years and there’s absolutely nothing you can do about it. Hilarious.

and today’s interesting word is : butthurt …

adjective

1. overly or unjustifiably offended or resentful.
    “they’re all butthurt that Trump tells it like it is”

noun
1.an excessive or unjustifiable feeling of personal offence or resentment.
“it’s time to get over the butthurt from a democratic outcome”

Another interesting “word”:

Cognitive dissonance

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/153559105081/a-lesson-in-cognitive-dissonance

DrewPeacock wrote:
“I don’t love Trump, but i [sic] love how butthurt he makes you all. It’s so funny watching you all bitch and moan like children. He’s president for the next 4 years and there’s absolutely nothing you can do about it. Hilarious.”

I wonder what you really want to say. Why do you hate so much seeing Trump being criticized in regard to his “policies”? I never dare to say your comments are weird, but I wonder why you are so angry as to use such a word as “bitch”.

1. The war on coal
    “The War on Coal is over! President Trump signs executive order to roll back Obama-era environmental regulations”
    Trump signs executive order to roll back Obama’s climate change regs Trump signs order to roll back Obama's climate change regs | Daily Mail Online via @MailOnline
  1. nut job
    “Ex-FBI chief to tell Senate committee about campaign inquiry role, as president reportedly described him to Russians as ‘nut job’”
    Comey to testify as more revelations pile pressure on Trump Donald Trump faces new revelations as Comey prepares to testify | James Comey | The Guardian

'I wonder why you are so angry as to use such a word as “bitch”. ’

In this context, “bitch” is a verb, not a noun; it’s slang for griping, whining or whingeing. If I said my neighbours were “bitching” with each other all the time, it means they’re fighting all the time. It’s likely I’m annoyed or disgusted with their silly behaviour, but it’s not angry derogatory name-calling on my part.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, Ozemite.

I found the following sentence in my dictionary:
“Everybody was bitching about their colleagues.”

According to my dictionary, the word appears to have come from “bicce”, which meant a female dog in Old English.

When you are told that someone is bitching about something, do you tend to imagine a man or a woman?

Are we bitching about what ‘bitching’ means? Just kidding.

In my neck of the woods, if we’re bitching about our colleagues, no gender is necessarily implied.

One can certainly comment that people are bitching, without any anger on the part of the speaker!

Take certain Trump forums on here… I think you’ve all been bitching back and forth… ! :slight_smile:

1. covfefe
    Trump typo: ‘Covfefe’ tweet mocked on internet 'Covfefe': Trump invents new word and melts internet - BBC News