Do you use " Nice to meet you" " Nice to meet you, too" or "You,too."?

Some textbooks in Japan use these expressions at the first part for introducing each other. However, some say they are out-of-date, some say they are used only in formal occasions.Is there any different way of usage depending on countries? Is it strange to use them ? If you hear of these greetings, please let me know in what cases they are used.

nice

There are different formal, semi-formal and infiormal forms of greetings, for examnple:
How do you do? How are you? This is a pleasure, Mr… Glad/pleased/nice to meet you. Delighted to meet you.
Or just: Hello! Hi! Good morning, evening! I’ve heard so much about you!
But don’t pay so much attention to all these “terms of courtesy”. It is much more important what you can say after all these forms: will you be able to understand your partner and answer him or not?..

Thank you for the comment. I totally agree that we don’t have to pay much attention to greetings. However, actually I’m teaching English. The story is; my students memorized and practiced " Nice to meet you,too " in my class. After the class,one of my students happened to have a chance to speak with a native American teacher and the student replied to him, " Nice to meet you,too." The teacher said to him " The expression is so old-fashioned. Nobody don’t used it . Please say, " You,too. " I guess the student would be disappointed. I wonder if some use that expression in other countries or not. Otherwise, they are used only formal occasions? That is why I posted the question.

I’m also teaching English in Russia, but I have a lot of friends in the UK, in the US and in Australia.
All of them say, that such an expression is formal, but it’s not so old-fashioned in the UK like in the USA.
However, the young people prefer informal greetings, like: Hi, I’m Eugueny, I’m a teacher. What’s you name? And what’s are you? What do you like doing in your free time?.. and so on.

"How do you do? is a bit much, old fashioned, and really not used.

“Nice to meet you” is used all the time.

Thanks so much for all the comments. Thanks to the LingQ site, I can have information form other countries.