Пусть она к черту, с богом, , плывет

Please can somebody explain me the last sentence of song? пусть она к черту, с богом, , плывет.

I´ve got something like: "so she goes to hell, with god, she will swim? "

thank u

This lesson has an English translation on the right hand side of the lesson page - there is a list icon and the number 3 on a red background. Many lessons have extra content like notes, videos or translations.

The translation says

“So she would swim the hell away”

i know, i updated the translation myself, but im not sure if is right or not

1 Like

Иди к чёрту - go to hell (literally - go to the devil)
It is also possible to use any other verb, so we can say: плыви к чёрту.
Пусть она плывёт к чёрту - let her swim to the devil.

2 Likes

спасибо!

Phrase “с Богом” in spoken language means something like “bless you”, “good luck”. We use it when we want to 1) wish good luck before sth very-very important 2) we say it to ourselfes before going something important, when we decide: “Yes, this is right time to do it”. For example, before opening a classdoor for passing exam. “Ну, с Богом” - и пошёл!!!:))) 3) When we want someone to leave a place or our life. This song is an exampe of this. It’s difficult to explain, because it’s a jugglery of different meanings… Like: "I want you to leave me, so it’s better for me to say “Good luck”, just go, GO, GOOO AWAAY!!!

Плывёт=идёт. In every day Russian our metaphors are usual. Just different shades: идёт, плывёт, скачет, несётся (быстро бежит) e.t.c. You can think how you want, may be she is so nice as goldfish, so she will swim even to the Devil.
:))))
Good luck with learning Russian!!!:)))))

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi, Josu! =)))

You’ll be laughing, but all these so-called native Russians do not feel their native language, at all ! =)))) Strangely enough, you are the only one here who definitely felt what the exact hack of this line is ! =))) Exactly! Juxtapposition! =))) These two phrases are exactly the opposite in the message they convey! =))) It’s this juxtapposition that makes the whole phrase sound very weird, making it a nice insentive for further learning of any language, doesn’t matter which one, in this case, i.e. Russian, as well ! :wink: Although I wouldn’t say I’m a fan of this “Ghaza Strip” or whatever this group is called ! :wink:

My attempt to adequately render this line with a weird juxtapposition, trying to keep the number of syllables intact thus making it a perfect rhyme is, “Let it be blessed float to hell outta here!” =))) (This ‘outta here’, I had to add these words to equal the syllables count) ! =)))