Would somebody explain me about the structure and meaning of

would somebody explain me about the structure and meaning of this Russian sentence??? what is “то” ?
Ну наконец-то. А то все скрываешь его

oh please , why nobody answers??? (Edited)

Biting the hand that feeds you? I don’t think it is very nice to insult people from whom you expect help! A bit short-sighted, if you ask me. Here is an attempt at an explanation, but I hope that a Russian member will soon give a definite explanation.

Our Russian members have either not seen your message - or they may have thought that it is obviously a filler word, something that makes the sentence more Russian, but in itself does not add further meaning to the sentence.

(In order to make sure that my assumption of ‘no further meaning added’ was correct I put the sentence throught google translate. Had you done so, it would have given you a good translation into English and you could then have thought about the role of all these "To"s…).

Time for an apology?

1 Like

Well , First of all I didn’t insult anybody to apologize I just complained about the community!! secondly, If that was the case you mentioned , they (Russian members) could have told me that earlier ! thirdly, I have got that translated by Google , Yandex , Bing , . . . it gives me a very stupid meaning!

Helo:)
I’m not sure what kinda rule it is but I can give you some examples where you’ll see diferences betwin sentence with “to” and without.

наконец (In the end), I would like to say, you did good job.

наконец-то (finalmente), Come on man, we have been waiting for you whole day, where were you sooooooo long?

It’s not a direct translation it is some sort of an interpritation:)

Eduard.

1 Like

Well , GREAT JOB!!! thank you so much bro!

В русском языке есть частицы (-ка, -то), которые более свойственны разговорной речи.
Они придают естественность, “смягчают” высказывание
Например, “давай решим этот вопрос ----->давай-ка решим этот вопрос”, “напиши письмо -----> напиши-ка письмо”.
Разница “наконец” и “наконец-то” примерно такая же:
"наконец мы закончили эту работу ----> наконец-то мы закончили эту работу (более разговорно)

There are particles in Russian (-ка, -то), which are more characteristic for speech.
They “soften” the speech, give a more natural sounding
For example, “давай решим этот вопрос ----->давай-ка решим этот вопрос”, “напиши письмо -----> напиши-ка письмо”.
Difference “наконец” и “наконец-то” is about the same:
"наконец мы закончили эту работу ----> наконец-то мы закончили эту работу (“more informal”)