En France pour être une ville très agréable puisque peu

en France pour être une ville très agréable puisque peu importe où je sois allé ’ fin… How can I translate this sentence into English? Any idea? Thanks so much!

I am a learner too but here’s how I took the sentence - please don’t take it as an authoritative answer :slight_smile:

First we can remove the fluff to get the skeleton of the sentence.

𝐂’𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐫è𝐬, très touristique 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞 𝐞𝐭 𝐪𝐮𝐢 𝐞𝐬𝐭, euh, très, euh 𝐭𝐫è𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐮, on va dire, 𝐞𝐧 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐮𝐫 ê𝐭𝐫𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐫è𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐫é𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐮 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞 𝐨ù 𝐣𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥é ’ 𝐟𝐢𝐧, 𝐪𝐮𝐞 𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐢𝐭 à 𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐲, euh à 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐬, pardon, à 𝐃𝐢𝐣𝐨𝐧, 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐝 𝐝𝐞 𝐥𝐚 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞.

==> C’est une ville très touristique et qui est très connu en France pour être une ville très agréable puisque peu importe où je sois allé afin que ce soit à Annecy, à Paris, à Dijon, dans le sud de la France.

• My take on translation of the skeleton sentence:

It is a very tourist friendly city which is well known in France for being a very nice city, just as wherever I go it would be the case, whether it be in Annecy, Paris, Dijon, or the south of France.

• Smoothing it out and including the other stuff:

It is a very very tourist friendly city, which is, uh, very, uh, well known, as they will say, in France for being a very nice city just as I would find it so wherever I go, be it Annecy, uh, Paris, sorry, Dijon, or the south of France.

So, I think focusing on “on va dire, en France pour être une ville très agréable puisque peu …” separately doesn’t seem right because “pour être…” relates to a preceding part (est … très connu).

Also, I am not entirely sure the 𝐩𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞 and ’ 𝐟𝐢𝐧, 𝐪𝐮𝐞 part is correctly translated, if there’s any significance to the comma between “fin” and “que”, etc.

I think I got the point. So that means, wherever I go, I hear people saying that Annecy is a very nice city. Thank you so much and thanks for taking the time and effort to explain! That’s a big help! Thanks!

You are welcome, and yes, that is my interpretation since 𝐩𝐞𝐮 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞 𝐨ù 𝐣𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥é is like “regardless of where I go”, and thus “wherever I go”.

I was kind of hoping a native speaker would confirm it and add more insight, but it looks like they are all out partying :slight_smile:

Bien joué !

C’est du langage parlé avec des constructions syntaxique approximatives, des hésitations etc, c’est pour cela qu’elle n’est peut-être pas très claire…

as Userstk said:
“It is a very tourist friendly city which is well known in France for being a very nice city,
because everywhere I went : ie Annecy, [oups sorry I mean:] Paris, Dijon, or the south of France when I said I come from Annecy, everybody said: “you live in Annecy, it’s so cool …”

Merci boucoup :slight_smile:

Thank you so much!