My mother's death (Смерть матери)

Unfortunately, two weeks ago my mother died.
I wrote an article in Russian where I remember her life, the life of my family and my childhhood.
Maybe, the article can be intersting for those who would like to know more about the life in the USSR.
This article I devoted to my mother whose memory will stay with me for ever.

Here ist the link to this article:

5 Likes

How I wish I could understand this beautiful language (and this text for that matter).

Last but not least, I just want to express my condolences to you and your family.

1 Like

I am sorry to hear about your mother. Please accept my condolences.

Thanks a lot for your condolences.
Maybe someone of my friends will transdlate this article into English and then I’ll write you.

1 Like

Danke schön, Sanne.

Sorry for your loss, @evgueny40!

Thanks, Etudiant!

Mein herzliches Beileid für Dich und Deine Familie. Ich weiß, wie schwer es ist, einen geliebten Menschen zu verlieren. Es ist gut, ihn in unserer Erinnerung zu bewahren.

Thank you very much for sharing, Evgeny and for your nice lessons in general. My sympathies for your loss.

Herzlichsten Dank, Vera, für dein Beleid.
Natürlich bewahre ich meine Mutti in meiner Erinnerung.

Примите пожалуйста мои соболезнования Евгений :frowning:

Спасибо,Эдвард.

Пожалуйста примите мои глубочайшие сердечнейшие соболезнования в это нелегкое время. Хосу

My condolences to you and your family.

This article is a moving tribute to your mother, and a testimony to the times that she lived through. Truly a fascinating and well written article. I hope a lot of our Russian learners at LingQ study this lesson and get to know a little bit about your mother and her times. Evgueny, thank you very much for sharing this with us and please accept my sincere sympathies for your loss.

2 Likes

Мама это самое родное, что у нас есть. Мои соболезнования.

I too wish I understand the language without needing to translate. My best for your family.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for all your condolences, my friends in Lingq.com
The life goes on and I wish you all the best.
Evgueny

1 Like

I am sorry to hear about the death of your mother Evgueny. I will read the article within the next day or two. Although my level of Russian is still pretty low, I just had a quick look at it and I think I will be able to understand a lot of it.

Hello Mr. Evgueny,
I am very sorry to hear about your loss and want to express my condolences to you and your family.

I have read the article you wrote and it was very moving.
I though about sharing it with the non-Russian-speaking world and therefore tried myself at a translation into a rather sloppy English.

People can use the translation as a resource if you’re learning Russian and didn’t understand a certain paragraph in the original text.

Please note that, the original text is written in a very stylistic and unique way, while my translation is rather rough and kept simple. So if you understand Russian I highly advice to read the original instead.

-Mistakes included.

Since the translation was too big, I posted it on a separate site.

You can find the translation here:

-JapaneseLearner

3 Likes