Hello, what is the meaning of the word luwte?

Hello, what is the meaning of the word luwte?

Well, I do not speek Greek, but it means sheltered from the wind. The trees protect against the wind. You know, on the coast it is relitively windy.
Best wishes, Silvia

Ανδρονίκη,

I would translate the paragraph into English this way:

My parents live on the coast, so we always try to go to the beach. Sad to say, it has been an awful summer, so we haven’t seen much sun this year. When it isn’t raining, we try to go do something fun. The first afternoon we actually went to a small stretch of beach for a while to try to fly kites. Unfortunately it was too windy. Our kids played on the beach for a while and then, just before it started to rain, we went back home. The next day we went to the [activity center*] where they have [Space Walks**] and all kinds of other activities for the children. In any case, the children love it and the parents can sit back and read a book. The next day the weather was a little better, so we went to an exhibit about the building of the new section of the Port of Rotterdam known as Maasvlakte 2, the second leg of the Maasvlakte industrial park. It was interesting to see the large [?stone fountains***?] and there were fun computer games for the children to play. On the way back, we took a short walk in the dunes. It’s always a pleasure to go walking there, where the air is so still.

*There are all kinds of places which can be called a ‘sporthal’ in the Netherlands, so there’s really no single correct translation for this in English. I probably wouldn’t call it a “sports hall.”

**There are dozens of names given to the ‘springkussen’ in English, so there is no single correct translation for this thingamjig.

***I have no idea what a ‘steenspuiter’ is supposed to be. — ?

Veel succes met je Nederlands,
Bruce