Did I do a good job creating a sentence?

Hello,

I am trying to come up with a sentence and below is what I wrote:

“When she is in heaven, she hopes that he will give her his greatest affection that he can offer to a heavenly occupant who is not Jesus.”

Does the phrase “who is not Jesus” in the above sentence describe the term “heavenly occupants” that is right before it? In other words, I want that, when people read my sentence, they perceive the sentence as “When she is in heaven, she hopes that he will give her his greatest affection that he can offer to (a heavenly occupant who is not Jesus)”. A part of what this sentence is intending to show is that she does not what to compare the degree of his affection to her with the degree of his affection towards Jesus…

Does my sentence do the trick?

thank you

I think your sentence quite well conveys your intended meaning. So yes, it does do the trick.

The sentence is good. A small nitpick is that it would be more correct to write the greatest affection that he can offer, not his greatest affection that he can offer.

The part that you are worried about at the end makes perfect sense. Another way to write it would be ‘other than Jesus’.

1 Like

“When she is in heaven, she hopes that he will give her the greatest affection that he can offer to a heavenly occupant who is not Jesus.” (correct)
“When she is in heaven, she hopes that he will give her the greatest affection which he can offer to a heavenly occupant who is not Jesus.” (also correct)