What does tag mean

what does tag mean

A tag is another word for a label.

For vocabularly, it lets you mark a word so that you can come back and look at it later, or group different words together. You might choose to tag your own words by type “verb”, “noun” or importance “must-learn” or for action “ask-tutor”. In the vocabulary page, it is easy to find all words that have a certain tag.

For lessons, it’s a way to group lessons together or provide alternative ways to search. A lesson could be tagged as a “podcast”, as a “conversation” or by accent “Canadian” for example. In the lesson page, it is easy to search for all lessons that have a certain tag.

Personally I use two types of tags
“asktutor” - these are words that I will follow up later with a native speaker because the meaning or usage is unclear
“hitlist” - these are words which I easily forget or confuse for other words, or should know but never use

Every now and then I look at both lists and over time remove the tags once I have asked someone or started using the word properly.

1 Like

I agree with keke_eo. Tags are an important part of LingQ and could make your life easier when you want to retrieve a lesson or a word from your collection. I like your tags keke_eo, I might use some of them in the future.

I want to show you my favorite tags. One is “template”. Whenever I see a sentence which sounds good and I want to memorize the structure of it, I just save the whole sentence or part of it as a flash card and I tag them with the word template. In case I want to check them I can find them easily in one group. My other frequently used tag is “phrasal”, I use this when I find some good phrasal verbs.

1 Like

Hello, Teacher…Good Morning! I am Phway Phway from Myanmar. I would like to ask one word. I want to know “tag” meaning?