打繁體字好嗎?

對不起, 我的文法不好。

我可不可以在這個地方打繁體字?

簡體字都好, 但是, 現在我未識。

Perhaps I asked the question wrong…or perhaps this forum just isn’t populated as much as I expected. Either way…maybe it is better to ask my question in English.

Is it okay to Communicate using Traditional Chinese Characters in this forum, as opposed to Simplified Characters?

Any 香港人, or 台灣人 out there, that prefers using Traditional Characters?

Simplified Characters are fine…that’s just not where I’m at right now…although in the future, I will probably start spending more time learning them.

Quite frankly…I find the Traditional Characters easier to remember, with more brush strokes and more originality. With simplified, I can guess at the pronunciation, but the meaning of the characters is often lost, and I just don’t retain the characters that well. The more I read however…the easier it becomes…especially with the wealth of information that often comes from China.

Shon,

We do not have a lot of participants yet, but we will be doing a lot of promoting this year and that will increase the number of people answering questions on the forum. Meanwhile please feel free to use traditional characters. I learned them first myself.

hi
Please feel free to use Traditional Chinese. You can join Lang-8, and write something. I can correct it. My Lang-8: Multi-lingual language learning and language exchange | Lang-8: For learning foreign languages

我看到很多人建議先學簡體,然後再慢慢認識繁體字。 我想其中一個原因是用簡體字的人比較多。 不管如何,學好其中一種後就容易多了,在文章中很好猜到意思。 如果你覺得繁體字比較好記憶就先學繁體啊! 雖然學習資源相對比較少,但是我可以幫你。

My first ideas is you can write short articles on Lang-8, then I can correct them and record them. I’ve always want to find a person can exchange the recording service.

當然可以用繁體字啊,我想簡體字和繁體字只存在官方上的區別,我認為這兩種字體在民間是通用的。因為用簡體字的人也認識繁體字,用繁體字的人也認識簡體字,只是自己習慣用其中一種字體而已。如果你先掌握了繁體字,很快就會認識簡體字了,因為你掌握了這門語言的規則,反之亦然。不同的字體只是它穿著不同的衣服罷了。假如你認識一個人,熟悉他,了解他,那會因為他穿了另外一件衣服而不認識他嗎?

多謝大家!

我不是中國人。 我是美國人 (我都不是 ABC, 我的祖先是英國來的)。 我以前在香港住過兩年。 我會說廣東話, 不是, 我不會寫中文字。我都識說有些普通話, 但是, 我寫中文字的文法不好。我在將來希望認識多些。

現在我學緊 西班牙文。我學完西班牙文之後 ,會再開始學習中文字。

我接見好多未識繁體字的中國人。 我有些北京大學畢業的朋友。 他們都識繁體字, 但是, 我不知道關於其他普通的中國人。我覺得,如果你是外中國的中國人, 就 繁體字同簡體字 都很重要 學習。

Steve…thanks for your response.

Edward…Replying in English is faster for me :), and I want to respond to your offer to help, with the limited time I have.

Thanks for your offer to help. While I’m not actively studying Chinese…I plan to start back in the very near future. In the past I have not written in Chinese very actively, and in fact my knowledge of Characters is very limited. I think I now have a basic understanding, even if my Chinese looks something a 6 year old might write!

I think the Lang-8 resource is a great idea. I may very well look that up in the future.

Wolf…thanks for your reply as well. I just wasn’t sure if Traditional Characters were okay, since Mandarin is the only supported Chinese Language, and many Mandarin Language sites strictly use 簡體字. The last part of my message posted above, mainly relates to your point about the interchangeability of the different writing systems.

Did I understand correctly, that you believe most people read 簡體字 can also read 繁體字?

Most of the people that I have met that know 繁體字, can also read 簡體字, to some degree or another. I have found, however that many of the folks I have met from Mainland China, are unable to read 繁體字, The conversion back to 繁體字 is just harder for some reason.

Obviously there are many exceptions…my friends from 北京大學 for one… but my impression is that for most “Mainlanders” they are not quite as interchangeable… would you disagree?

I’m not trying to start a debate here…I’m just interested in your observations…they might help clear up some of my own incorrectly perceived notions of the written Chinese Language.

I think most people from Mainland China read traditional characters. It wasn’t until the 1950s that we began to use simplified ones, so older people must read the traditional version as long as they are literate. For those in middle age, they must have been exposured to traditional characters a lot. There are many activities such as calligraphy involve tranditional characters.

Many young people don’t read them that well, but with the relationship between the mainland and Taiwan getting better and better, the connection getting closer and closer,(some would protest) there will be enough opportunities for us to get used to each other’s version.

I appreciate your insight Wolf…thanks for clarifying that for me.

I can’t read that many traditional characters in isolation, but in combinations like 北京大學, 中國, 美國, 他們 et.c. the meaning is quite clear. In my bookshelf there is at least one reader with traditional characters (it’s from the early 1950s) and with a bit of guesswork I can get through the sentences.

There is a helpful dictionary I have found at the following web address:
http://www.cantonese.sheik.co.uk/scripts/wordlist.htm

Even though it is a Cantonese learning sight…there is some built in support for Mandarin as well.

Years ago, I was stuck with readers and a Character dictionary. It was very frustrating to be able to look up a single Chinese Character, but not be able to understand it’s meaning in context.

Online dictionaries are a “Godsend”. Having the ability to look up multiple Character combinations is literally like finding out that after working in the dark all these years…there is actually a light switch!

就政治上的觀點來看,老共一定是打壓繁體字的。不然它幹嘛改成簡體呢?雖然我是寫繁體字的,但我對繁體字的未來充滿了悲觀的看法。學繁體字會越來越沒市場,只會變成區域性的語言。畢竟這世界是有十多億的人用的是簡體。如果我是老外,我幹嘛學兩種字體?這不是自找麻煩嗎?

aboto1,我覺得你是過度政治化了。如果照你這麼說,那香港跟澳門都在用繁體字又算甚麼?
在我看來,推廣簡體字最主要的原因是舊時中國的文盲太多,因為漢字(繁體字)較繁複,老百姓不易學習,所以推廣簡體字,最少這是官方的說法。(這也比較講得通)
可能是島國心態吧,我知道在台灣人眼中,中共的很多作為都是在打壓他們,我個人對政治並不敏感,所以對此亦不以為然。當然,如果硬要用陰謀論來看的話,沒有東西不是黑的,但是平心而論,有必要這麼做嗎?
另外,我也不認為這算甚麼學兩種字體,我是香港人,本身會繁體字,對來我說,簡體字根本不用怎麼學,多看幾本大陸出版的簡體書,猜個兩三回就會了。好吧,不是全會,不過會寫會看就是了。

To Shon_t,
Yet, most of the people who know traditional characters can understand simplified one. The reason is simple–simplified one is come from traditional one.
But in contrast, people who know simplified characters may not be able to read traditional one – especially farmer, worker and villager etc. At least, my relatives who live in China cannot read traditional characters.
So, I think it is not exactly interchangeable.
Personally, I would recommend you to study traditional characters, because if you familiar with traditional characters, it is not difficult to learn simplified one. Also, it is easier to get a feeling in Chinese Culture from using traditional characters – the more complete one. But I wouldn’t suggest you to learn Cantonese style Writing, because it is totally local style. You can’t apply it so often. And as you mentioned above, the meaning of the characters is often lost, that is exactly true. That’s also why I recommend you to study traditional characters. You may easier to guess the meaning in traditional one after you know it.
Hence, if you feel good in using traditional characters, use it.

I think this is a matter of personal choice. I am glad that I can read traditional characters. As LKH says, if you know the traditional the simplified are easy. The reverse is not necessarily so, but with will and and a little effort it an be done. I do not think it is a big deal, as LKH says.

我是来自大陆的大学生,当然,学习的是简体,写的用的都是简体。
选择哪个不重要,不影响交流就行。

I’m from mainland of China,of course,I learn Simplified Characters,and use it.
In my opinion,it is not important to choose which one,if you are able to communicate
by using it,it’s OK.

Hello, I came from Hong Kong.
I can still speak Cantonese,
but I forgot how to write some of the characters already
after I came to Canada.

I know both Taiwan and us use traditional characters,
sometimes we like to use the oral style in writing too
instead of the formal written style.
let’s say 唔係 instead of 不是.

沒關係的 我個人觀點只要不影響交流就可以 呵呵

大家好,我个人觉得中文繁体的字体更美,适合写生画画和字体艺术创作等等. 简体中文便于写作。 各有各的好处。对于我,大陆人,来说,有时候,认懂繁体字,要花时间,有点伤脑筋。Shon_t的“爱” 用繁体写就非常漂亮和传神,简体就是很一般的字体.

只要能推广中国文化的好的一面,优秀历史文化等等。用什么字体都是最棒的。看不懂的人,就可惜了。 所以我最近才知道,一个华裔的美国作家要引用诗歌,引用外国诗人的要收版税,但引用中国诗人的免费。当然了, 要避免东西翻译的误差,要有水准。

祝大家端午节快乐。我好奇问一下大家,在国外 oversseas , not in Asia,你也能吃到地道的中国粽子吗?我好奇一下。 谢谢。

大家好,我个人觉得中文繁体的字体更美,适合写生画画和字体艺术创作等等. 简体中文便于写作。 各有各的好处。对于我,大陆人,来说,有时候,认懂繁体字,要花时间,有点伤脑筋。Shon_t的“爱” 用繁体写就非常漂亮和传神,简体就是很一般的字体.
Hey all, in my opinions, the traditional characters are more beautiful in art forms, like some paintings, pictures, signatures including some art master pieces and so on. the simple one is just so so. all has the benefits. i am from Mainland. sometiems, it’s hard to know the traditional one. it takes the time and it hurts. in other words, Love “爱” in chinese traditional character of Shon_t file is very beautiful and vivid. It’s totally different compared to Simple one.

只要能推广中国文化的好的一面,优秀历史文化等等。用什么字体都是最棒的。看不懂的人,就可惜了。 所以我最近才知道,一个华裔美国作家要引用诗歌,引用外国诗人的要收版税,但引用中国诗人的免费。当然了 , 要避免东西翻译的误差,要有水准。
if the good part of chinese culture, fantastic history and culture, will spread out, no matter what languages, all is super. It’s shade for some unknown person.

recently i have known that a Chinese American writer will pay for the copyright royalty to quote a western poet. but it will be free to quote a chinese poet. certainly, the translation must be perfect matching.

祝大家端午节快乐。我好奇问一下大家,在国外 oversseas , not in Asia,你也能吃到地道的中国粽子吗?我好奇一下。 谢谢。

[17:12:49] Angelia2041: 端午节快乐 Happy Dragon Boat Festival

btw, i am so curious to ask a question. Can you eat or enjoy the delicious food called " chinese zong zi" outside china or Asia countries. Please let me know. thank you.

Hi there,
I am a new member. I’m from Hong Kong, China. I know Chinese Traditional characters. Also, I can read Simplified characters. I wanna learn English and Mandarin. I would like to meet more foreign friends. Let’s have a fun in learning foreign language!! I wish you all a good health! (祝各位身體健康!) 請多多指教!!