Liars, bullshit artists, and truth-tellers

The unbearable stench of Trump’s B.S.
by Fareed Zakaria
http://wpo.st/5Clq1

Donald Trump is BS, says expert in BS
by Harry G. Frankfurt
Donald Trump Is BS, Says Expert in BS Harry Frankfurt | Time via @TIMEIdeas

Harry Frankfurt concludes that liars and truth-tellers are both acutely aware of facts and truths. They are just choosing to play on opposite sides of the same game to serve their own ends. The B.S. artist, however, has lost all connection with reality. He pays no attention to the truth. “By virtue of this,” Frankfurt writes, “bullshit is a greater enemy of truth than lies are.”(Fareed Zakaria)
He boasts — and boasts and boasts — about his business, his buildings, his books, his wives. Much of it is a concoction of hyperbole and falsehoods. And when he’s found out, he’s like that guy we have all met at a bar who makes wild claims but when confronted with the truth, quickly responds, “I knew that!”(Fareed Zakaria)
It is disturbing to find an important political figure who indulges freely both in lies and in bullshit. What is perhaps even more deeply disturbing is to discover an important segment of our population responding to so incorrigibly dishonest a person with such pervasively enthusiastic acceptance. (Harry G. Frankfurt)
“The best taco bowls are made in Trump Tower Grill. I love Hispanics!” This could hardly be anything other than bullshit. Does he have any real evidence about where the best tacos are, or was he just making it up? Does he really love Hispanic people? (Harry G. Frankfurt)

@Yutaka

This Donald Trump dude has really gotten under your skin, hasn’t he?!! :slight_smile:

I’d like to see Trump win only for you.

1 Like

“You don’t need to be a yuppie to also fear a nuclear winter. And if your hatred of Hillary Clinton surpasses whatever global apocalyptic fears Trump has reintroduced to the day-to-day political discussion, bless him, …”
You can count Trump’s electoral paths to the White House on two short fingers: Donald Trump’s shrinking electoral map. via @slate

Donald Trump gives me a lot of topics to write about in English. But I am willing to sacrifice the opportunity.

Can’t stump the trump. He’s by far the best candidate of the two, deal with it

1 Like

I am too shocked to say a word. Period.

Ah, but would you be too shocked to say the word “period”?? :_D

(Sorry!)

I see. Thank you for your comment. It was a sentence from a dictionary. There were three words after “shocked” in the original sentence: “by his stupidity”. I omitted them.

(It was just a joke :-D)

Are you saying that you are shocked that someone is not influenced by your fear propaganda?

For those of us who don’t have a vote, maybe the best policy is the title of this song?

“Babies” wouldn’t care. They should learn their language to know what is going to happen in the world.

Sure, but I’d still much rather have Trump win this term than another Clinton. I won’t have an impact on the election either way though so what I think doesn’t really matter

Babies do learn “their language” (it’s one of the many fascinating things about babies!)

Isn’t it more interesting where babies come from? :smiley:

I think I have to ask the storks in the forest about it.