"Lucifer in the flesh"

I wonder what “Lucifer in the flesh” means. Does it mean “an evil person”?

Yes, he’s saying that Ted Cruz is, essentially, Satan himself. “In the flesh” means “in person”. Given that we can be reasonably sure that Cruz isn’t really Satan, this phrase implies that Cruz is an evil man.

2 Likes

Hyperbole

Boehner also said of Cruz, “I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.” Not exactly hyperbole, but perhaps an exaggeration.

“[W]hen you take clearly Christian individuals, clearly Christian activities, and things go sour, you pass them off as the influence of Satan.”
Satanists Snub Comparison of Cruz to Lucifer

“The church does not believe in or worship a literal supernatural Satan. High priest Peter Gilmore describes its members as ‘skeptical atheists’, indicating the Hebrew root of the word ‘Satan’ as ‘opposer’ or ‘one who questions’.”

Satanists are right in thinking that how exceptionally Cruz is evil, he is a self-proclaimed Christian.
By the way, I don’t know the differences in meaning between the Satan, Demon and Devil.
https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/1ivd2n/eli5_is_there_a_difference_between_the_devil/

Here are the translations you might find in the French press:

● “Lucifer in the flesh”
« Lucifer réincarné »
« Lucifer en chair et en os »

● “I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”
« De toute ma vie, je n’ai jamais travaillé avec un plus misérable fils de pute. »
« Je n’ai jamais travaillé avec un pire “fils de pute” de ma vie. »

2 Likes