Using hypnosis to learn a new language?

If you didn’t think I was weird before, you should after reading my question. Have any of you ever tried this? I’ve been studying hypnosis now for about two months and I believe in self hypnosis as a tool to better ones self.

I’ve started playing with scripts for better memory and I like the results, I don’t know enough about it but I want to write and record a script that would teach me more German under hypnosis. What do you think? Am I insane? Should I go ahead and try it? Have any of you tried it?

Do you mean really under hypnosis, I mean professional hypnosis? You know that it’s not used any more in medicine because it can have unwanted results? So, it’s highly effective but I wouldn’t use it for learning languages.
Or do you just mean listening to vocabulary while sleeping?

Do you mean really under hypnosis, I mean professional hypnosis? You know that it’s not used any more in medicine because it can have unwanted results? So, it’s highly effective but I wouldn’t use it for learning languages.
Or do you just mean listening to vocabulary while sleeping?

I mean like putting myself into a state of suggestiveness and then letting the vocabulary play while I sleep. Although I don’t know if listening to things in your sleep really helps much, I’ve never looked into it.

I remember to a product from “Hexaglott” and the advertisement was “Learning in Sleep”. I could try this product for some week - I learned French there.
It was a cassette, beginning with relaxing music, and after that, the program for learning started.

I remember only that the sleep was always very good - the learning effect I think wasn’t. Unfortunately!

I don’t think that listening to thinks while sleeping isn’t that effective. This is supposed to be the time when the things that you learned during the day will stick (or not) in your brain. I don’t think that it works to acquire new knowledge

“I mean like putting myself into a state of suggestiveness…”

I don’t know much about hypnosis but try to google for Suggestopedia and Dr. Georgi Lozanov. This is not hypnosis but maybe it is related to what you want.

Wwiding, maybe you are insane, but I like it!

I have always been sceptical about hypnosis as a useful, purposeful, tool for learning. I have heard there is some success with its use for weight loss and quitting smoking although I have also heard that it is short-term. I have been to some amazing hypnosis shows where friends of mine have been picked out of the audience and hypnotised. (Although I was always rejected by the hypnotist, perhaps a sign of my scepticism)

Let us know if it works!

Just a heads up I tried it last night after some studying. For self hypnosis to work you have to repeat it every once in a while.