Quiz - What's Your Language Learning Style?

This quiz will determine if you are Kinestethic, Auditory or Visual language learner:

Write your Quiz result in comments :slight_smile:

I’m a visual learner but I already knew that. There’s hardly any chance that I remember a word I haven’t seen written. However, that’s probably a reason why I neglected listening so much before I discovered LingQ.

I’m a visual learner but I already knew that. There’s hardly any chance that I remember a word I haven’t seen written. However, that’s probably a reason why I neglected listening so much before I discovered LingQ.

Oops, double post. I accidentally clicked on “Post and Submit for Correction” first and then went back, I hadn’t expected the post to appear here. I’m sorry.

I learn by spending hours watching Steve’s videos on YouTube and then doing whatever he says we should do. What kind of learner is that?

@ ColinJohnstone “I learn by spending hours watching Steve’s videos on YouTube and then doing whatever he says we should do. What kind of learner is that?”

Answer: successful.

Auditory - this doesn´t look like a reliable test, though.
I think we should learn with all of our senses.

2 Likes

@vbestic

I guess you´re creating all these threads with pointless quizzes and whatnot because it´s your site and you are making money with it?

I just like to feel my way along. giggle

@creimann’

I wonder if it´s possible to learn “kinestethically” (<–that looks weird).
It should be possible somehow.

Maybe I could learn French and French Sign Language at the same time…^^

@Paule89

Well Clugston mentioned something about TPR in one of his videos. Here’s a web page about that:

http://www.tprsource.com/asher.htm

I don’t believe that a short quiz like this is meaningful.

I also do not believe in these three learning types. I think peoples’ brains work more or less in the same way insofar as learning is concerned. We are all visual, auditory and kinesthetic learners. The only difference is our personal preference, or the things we like to do.

Read Daniel Willingham on the subject.

Student “Learning Styles” Theory Is Bunk

The Big Idea behind learning styles is that kids vary in how they learn: Some learn best by looking (visual learners), some by listening (auditory learners), and some by manipulating things (kinesthetic learners).

According to the theory, if we know what sort of a learner a child is, we can optimize his or her learning by presenting material the way that they like.

The prediction is straightforward: Kids learn better when they are taught in a way that matches their learning style than when they are taught in a way that doesn’t.

That’s a straightforward prediction.

The data are straightforward too: It doesn’t work.
It doesn’t work–not only for the visual-auditory-kinesthetic theory, but for many other learning styles theories that have been proposed and tested since the 1940s.

Researchers have been conducting experiments on learning styles for 50 years. They’ve been tested with the sorts of materials that kids encounter in schools. They’ve been tested with kids diagnosed with a learning disability.

There just doesn’t seem to be much evidence that kids learn in fundamentally different ways.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/answer-sheet/daniel-willingham/the-big-idea-behind-learning.html

I didn’t do the test. Online personality tests like these rarely have any meaning, though they are often fun. I remember doing a bunch of short IQ tests online and, depending on the test, I have an IQ of somewhere between 90 and 140.

Steve thinks that our brains all work in more or less the same way which may be true, I have no idea, but I don’t think it is true that the only difference in the way that people learn is their personal preferences, or the things they like to do. People also seem to vary in their natural abilities, which will change the way that they learn.

2 Likes

I mostly prefer combination of visual and kinestethic :slight_smile:

@steve Thanks for your detailed reply, I love to read other peoples opinion :slight_smile:

@Colin Those online IQ tests aren’t really accurate. For more accurate results it’s best to do it with psychologist - not online