Has anyone used Verbling yet?

Wondering what people’s thoughts on Verbling are?

The new(ish) chatroullette for languages…

Here’s a good review on it- http://wolflilt.com/verbling/ if you don’t know it

So wondering if anyone has difficulties with the connections etc?

I’d used it before to learn spanish and now they’ve added new languages, about 9 or so. So tried it with Japanese which cut out a lot… did anyone find that with the other new languages?

I just used it based on your post to practice Spanish. Simple to use interface, a couple minor glitches using Chrome that I did not experience when I switched to IE9, but I don’t see the need to use IE9. The review you linked to says it all better than I.

I recommend it, but I prefer using skype with a couple regular contacts so that I can get beyond small talk and get into more complex and natural conversations that occur among friends.

Thanks mhogan. It seems fine to use for Spanish, just a few glitches like you say but with the other languages it seems a lot more ‘glitchier’ but then again it says the new languages are in beta mode. Guess we’ll just have to wait for them to fix bugs

It is a very good tool but like you also say it’s very small talk orientated. You can save partners I think but it’s probably going to be a while until you build up a relationship etc and talk about more complex things

Thanks mhogan. It seems fine to use for Spanish, just a few glitches like you say but with the other languages it seems a lot more ‘glitchier’ but then again it says the new languages are in beta mode. Guess we’ll just have to wait for them to fix bugs

It is a very good tool but like you also say it’s very small talk orientated. You can save partners I think but it’s probably going to be a while until you build up a relationship etc and talk about more complex things

try Italki.com

1 Like