Have you ever heard about this man?

he said "The strong man is not the good wrestler; the strong man is only the one who controls himself when he is angry’.
how wise he was.

'' Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people.''

He said that too

from him, I learn to be honest.

I’d say the strongest person is the one that doesn’t get angry in the first place

Regarding the other sentence “’ Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people.‘’”, I’ll add: only if you get asked

1 Like

Anger is a normal emotion that can’t be separated from human nature, all of us get angry sometime, we can’t deny that but the reaction we put

when we get angry is what makes all the difference.

One can lose everything and every respect at one time of rage and anger, the other can control himself and deal wisely. Wisdom is to control
yourself and beat it and this what makes you stronger than a wrestler.

the other sentence, one doesn’t talk unless he is asked to…this should be obvious:)

Another great saying for believers:

''None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself''.

learn to love all humanity

These sayings are attributed to Muhammed.

How many people know about him? how many have a blurred image of his personality????

I met him once, he seemed to be very nice

Well, anger or not, one must speak up for oneself and not be a doormat. All men must defend themselves from the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

It's not about quotes only (which were said by an ill-literate man who puzzled his people with the fluency of his tongue and grandiosity of his speech) , it's   about deeds that changed the face of the world and legacy left to followers that made them once a dominating nation with the power of science, manners and monotheism.

More than 1400 years ago, he came that day, like today, and made a farewell sermon in his farewell pilgrimage

He declared that an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over

black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action’

an everlasting advice establishing for equity among people…

I know that in this forum I can talk about anything as long as in English. As far as I talk
I’m not talking about any religion, I’m talking about the qualities and virtues of a human being.

When silent, he was grave and dignified, and when he spoke, glory rose up and overcame him. He was from afar the most beautiful of men and

the most glorious, and close up he was the sweetest and the loveliest. He was sweet of speech and articulate, but not petty or trifling. His speech

was a string of cascading pearls, measured so that none despaired of its length, and no eye challenged him because of brevity.

“homo-erotic fantasies”
Ah ah ah !!!

Seriously…
He can talk about what he wants, but if he quotes only for the sake of quoting, I think this thread will be profoundly useless…

Thanks for the advice, Jujulecaribou,

And I’m really offended by the description, Imyirtseshem.

I’m waiting for others to stir the conversation as I write what I write about quotes or descriptions of Muhammed.

What if I was writing about Napoleon or whoever, would it grow such hostility ?

Who are we talking about here? Ali? Ali Pasha? Rafiq Tarar? Mansooruddin? (I’m being facetious, of course.)

@engi_ph You have a right to be offended. Others have a right to ignore that. Anyone can take offense at any little thing they want. You can also label whatever you want as hostility. I see none. Would it matter for your argument if Napoleon would or would not grow any such hostility? Nope. Also, quotes don’t prove anything. Surely even I have said a few quotable lines in my life. Doesn’t make me special.

In my view, religion and religious figures should not get special treatment, but are fair subjects for discussion. Here at our forum, we have had exponents of Christian beliefs, various political beliefs, environmental beliefs etc. It is interesting to hear from a person I presume to be a Muslim, about his/her views of Muhammed. However, religion and religious comments will get no special treatment and are fair game for comment and criticism from other members, including some of the more sharp-tongued ones.

What if I was writing about Napoleon or whoever, would it grow such hostility ?

If you said “Napoleon’s speech was a string of cascading pearls, measured so that none despaired of its length, and no eye challenged him because of brevity” I would expect a lot of mockery, no hostility. Personally I would love to find such a fan of Napoleon in real life. I doubt such a person exists.

@ Mithridates :
I’m a real fan of Napoleon !

I don’t see the need to quote his sayings just for the sake of quoting, but if you want to talk about him, about his story, we can create of thread if you want ! :slight_smile:

You can draw whatever picture you want of Napoleon, no problem !
I’d ask just one thing : valid and coherent arguments.
:slight_smile: