Incredible resource for movie fans and learners of Russian

I just came across this site:

It is completely legal! Enjoy!

: ) good find. спасибо

Oh my good God.

Yet another reason to learn Russian. If only my Spanish would HURRY UP ALREADY

My brain is starting to melt with all this information!

These are films, right? And films are quite long? How do they all fit on YouTube? I thought there was an upload limit of 15 minutes or something?

Can you REALLY watch whole films on YouTube??? :-0

I envy you, guys :slight_smile: There are so much INCREDIBLE good films you never watched.

skyblueteapot, that is an account of a great serious film studio. They have special limits, I guess. It`s a huge step.

Wikipedia about mosfilm: Mosfilm - Wikipedia

Wow, this is amazing. So many great movies.

This is phenomenal Robert, I love the old Soviet era films. What is the easiest way to get these films onto your TV I wonder.

Yes , its brilliant . I started looking through it and then found the site http://www.cinema.mosfilm.ru which started April 28 and they’ve loaded 500 films there with more to come. The films are shown at frequent intervals during the day so you can decide your time to watch. My evening’s booked now…

I’m glad you guys like this site as much as I do. I read an article today in one of our local newspapers and they mentioned this site in their cultural section. I first thought this must be a joke. But when I checked the site I thought immediately I need to share this with you :slight_smile:
Maybe I’m a bit biased but this is so much better than most of what I’ve watched so far on the Russian satellite TV channels where they mostly air some weird dramas or crime stories. This site is a real treat for any cineaste. I’m not sure if you can actually download these movies but for now I’m just very happy I can watch them at all.

Martin88: Thanks for the link! I’m watching a movie right now;-)

“Maybe I’m a bit biased but this is so much better than most of what I’ve watched so far on the Russian satellite TV channels where they mostly air some weird dramas or crime stories”
no, not biased at all. also don’t forget the long advertisements and bad dubs of english films to russian :slight_smile: there are a few jems here and there though

Does anyone know if anything like this exists for any other language?
I’m just curious.

I’d love to learn Russian one day, but that day is not today.