вы русский?
Are you Russian?

No.

1 Like

Вы ведь шутите?

нет, я отлично честный

Ну и русский ты тут творить, golike! :slight_smile:
Ждём @evgueny40 сказать.

Please don’t take offense now, but your Russian is so bad that I also thought you were joking. Where did you get these examples? If you are in fact serious then please stop using your current source and make a serious effort. You can’t expect anyone to bother correcting something like this. It really is that bad.

i do not know anything about the weather
я не понимаю ничего в погоде

у нас мног больных людей
These are sick people

Я хочу поехать в Москву
I want to go to Moscow

Почему ты куришь Никита?
Why is/does Nikita smoke?

Я собираюсь поехать в Москву
I’m going to Moscow

Что ты любишь больше всего в жизни?
What do you love the most in life?

У нас самое большой богатство
We have the greatest wealth

Вы очень любезный
You’re very sweet

У меня не денег , у вас есть деньги?
I don’t have money, do you have money?

Ох я тебя уважаю?
Oh how much do i respect you!

Сколько тебе нужно время для сна?
How much sleep do you need?

У вас гордость, что вы русский?
Do you have pride in being Russian?

Вы русский?
Are you Russian?

1 Like

It’s now OK.
I can only correct some phrases:
У нас многО больных людей, но дословный перевод с английского: Они - больные люди.
Почему Никита курит?
У нас самое большое благосостояние.
Вы очень любезны.
У меня нет денег, а у вас есть деньги?
О, как я тебя уважаю!
Сколько тебе нужно времени для сна?
Вы гордитесь тем, что вы - русский?
But the next time it’s better, golike, if you place such a require to the rubrique ‘Writing correction’ in the Exchange. You will have to pay points for it, but not so much.
Good luck!

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but I have to ridicule this comment because of the offensiveness, and it absolutely cannot be taken seriously in its context, what is this website for again? In this website, we come here to learn languages, and we do not know this language’s grammar and conjugations and vocabulary. If I was confident with my Russian, would i have asked it to be proof read? I don’t understand how anyone who is a novice language learner on this site, would be so harsh and cold to someone who has the courage and enthusiasm to learn and attempt to speak Russian here, And tell someone to stop speaking that language on a language learning site. Plus, I specifically put down what I’m trying to say in English to be corrected easily if not understood, what are you going on about?

First of all I didn’t mean to offend you. If I did I’m sorry. All I’m saying is that if you are serious about learning Russian then you need to make a better effort. I recommend looking up words in a dictionary. Some of your words were completely incomprehensible. (edit: I meant wrong)

wiktionary.org and slovari.yandex.ru are good online dictionaries.

I also didn’t mean for you to stop speaking Russian. On the contrary, I encourage you to try some beginner’s lessons and learn some basic words and expressions to make yourself better understood.

Again, I’m sorry if I offended you. That was not my intention.

Jennifer’s Russian is really poor
Русский Дженнифер очень плох / очень плохой
У Дженнифер очень плохой русский

i do not know anything about the weather
Я ничего не знаю о погоде

These are sick people
Эти люди больны / Это больные люди

I want to go to Moscow
Я хочу поехать в Москву
Я хочу побывать в Москве

Why does Nikita smoke?
Зачем Никита курит?

I’m going to Moscow
Я еду в Москву

What do you love the most in life?
Что вы больше всего любите в жизни / что ты больше всего любишь в жизни

We have the greatest wealth
У нас есть самое большое богатство

You’re very sweet
Вы очень любезны / ты очень любезен

I don’t have money, do you have money?
У меня нет денег, у тебя есть деньги / у вас есть деньги?

Oh how much do i respect you!
Я отношусь к тебе с большим уважением!

Russia doesn’t have any money, you can go to many countries
В России нет денег, ты можешь поехать во множество других стран

It seems stupid to me, that you live here
Мне кажется глупым, что бы живешь здесь
Я думаю, глупо жить здесь

Your luggage is on the floor
Ваш багаж на полу

How much sleep do you need?
Как много времени тебе нужно, чтобы выспаться? / Сколько тебе/вам нужно времени для сна?

Do you have pride in being Russian?
Ты гордишься / вы гордитесь, (тем) что ты/вы русский

Are you Russian?
ты русский? вы русский? Better to ask ты из России / вы из России?, because русский is actually an ethnic term. There are several ethic groups living in Russia.

Ко всем русскоговорящим:

Пишу, тщательно подбирая слова (а то здесь все обидчивые, кроме русских -))).

Вы серьёзно отнеслись к переводу этого “набора фраз”?

Человек издевается, как мне видится.
Ребята, нельзя же ко всему серьёзно относиться.

Только вдумайтесь в эти фразы:

Прочувствуйте контекст.

И попробовали бы вы что-нибудь подобное написать про другие страны. Слово “расист” будет не самым резким в ответных постах.
Даже господа Dimethylamine, kimojima, brucenator и ijoh тонко прочувствовали момент, но сохранили толерантность. Думаю, по той причине, что не было названий США и Норвегия в изумительном по простодушию оригинальном посте.

Поправьте, если я не прав.

Кстати, BILD опубликовал занимательное интервью с Владимиром Путиным (на немецком, конечно), первая часть, рекомендую:

1 Like

Censored version:

Russian has a lot of money, you shouldn’t go anywhere
В России очень много денег, ты не должен никуда ехать.

It does not seem stupid to me that you live here.
Мне не кажется глупым, что ты живешь здесь.

2 Likes

I had no more time yesterday to fully express my views, so here’s the rest.

I (and I’m sure some others too) found your original request to be written with an impolite and condescending tone. First of all, let’s look at the title:

“Read and correct my Russian”

There is a universal expectation in any culture of, when requesting assistance for which you are not paying, to add the word “please”. When speaking the English language this is expected even if you are paying for the service. Say, you order a coffee in a coffee bar, your order could be phrased like this: “May I have a coffee, please.”. But when you are requesting something for which you are not expecting to have to pay, you ABSOLUTELY need to use this word in any language. Otherwise your request will seem completely rude. Please take note of this.

Also I have a problem with two of your examples:

россия не иметь ни денеги, может идит в много страны

Мне кажется глупа, что вам жизнит здесь

This seems to me, to be frank, a thoughtless attempt of connecting with people of another culture which is only made worse by the fact that you are communicating in their own language. When using a foreign language we all constantly run the risk of being unintentionally rude by phrasing something wrongly or using an incorrect choice of words, but here I dare say that your faux pas originates in downright thoughtlessness. Russia may not be a wealthy country and may have serious issues in many areas, but I still get the impression that many Russians are proud of their nationality and wouldn’t appreciate being expected by anyone to feel inferior to anyone else. Also, moving to another country is not as straightforward as you may think. You need a job in the new country, and if you have a low education or poor health, which poor people typically have, you will quickly find yourself out of luck. No country will let you in unless you can provide for yourself or have someone to provide for you unless you are a refugee. That said, I wouldn’t at all be surprised if you struck these people as condescending and over-simplifying, and, by doing so negatively influenced the manner in which people chose to respond. For my own sake I can say that I felt that you were being condescending. And yes, this did motivate me to respond in the way I did even though it should be noted that I also genuinely believe that these Russian phrases are NOT the best you can do.

I hope that from now on you will think about the way you present yourself when asking for help on forums online. I realize that you may be paying for LingQ, but to be perfectly honest 10$ a month is not much in today’s industrialized world, and in any case the overwhelming majority of the people who will be helping you on the forum are NOT paid for their service. That includes me.

ijoh , no need to apoligise here . Just tell them to pay their dues… and move on

1 Like

Да, я просто поправлял некоторые предложения после ‘kossrz’ и просто пропустил эти грубые предложения о России и русских. Так, конечно, нельзя писать.
Мне часто не нравится то, что делает американское правительство и лично Обама или украинское правительство и лично Порошенко. но я всегда относился и отношусь с уважением к американскому и украинскому народам.

1 Like

Согласен про украинцев и американцев.