Using the LingQ browser plugin doesn't work right

Hi, I thought I would try the LingQ Chrome plugin, so I went to a page with Spanish on it, clicked the icon then chose Spanish but instead of letting me use the plugin there on the page it instantly said the lesson had been imported. I’m not sure if this is a bug or if I am missing some setting to make it not instantly import it. I just want to read on the page I’m on. Thanks.

Hi Caseya,
After you start the extension, click on the “LingQ Here” button if you want to use it on the site you are at directly, without importing.

Hi zoran, thanks for the reply but I’m wondering why before I get to click on “LingQ Here” it has already imported it by the time I have just started the extension. So, It will import anyway. I click the extension and then it opens at the top of my browser and it starts to say “importing lesson” then when I checked on the LingQ website it was under “Quick imports”. I deleted it because I don’t need it imported. So, I’m wondering what I’m doing wrong?

Just wondering if anyone who uses the extension might know what is going wrong or what I might be doing wrong. As I already explained, it imports once I click on the extension so I don’t get a chance to choose.

Hi Caseya,
That’s really strange. I just tried it and it works perfectly fine for me. After I click on the extension icon I get options “Open on LingQ” and “LingQ Here”. Can you try to reinstall it and check if that will help? Install it from here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lingq/cepapcgncncmifafdnlllpdgjfgommna?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

Hi zoran, thanks, I uninstalled it and reinstalled from your link, it lets me choose to “LingQ Here” now, although I still see the lesson imported into my “My lessons” is this supposed to happen so LingQ can keep track of my words? It’s been labeled as a “quick import”…Anyway, thanks for your help. I’m happy I can use it now.

I have never been able to use the lingq chrome app, It never work on my computer or laptop. I only can import it to lingq, but not lingq in the actual website. I have tried to uninstall and install it again, but nothing change, I click on lingq here, and nothing happen. Any advice?

Whether you LingQ on page or import to LingQ, the text is imported to LingQ and added to your Quick Imports course. The extension does get updated from time to time so make sure you are using the most up to date version. The LingQ on page feature is more susceptible to interference from different elements on different webpages so is going to be much less reliable. I recommend importing to LingQ which will give you fewer problems and allows you to do much more.