Lingq used to display "Percentage of known words" - why is this gone?

Years ago when I used Lingq to study French, I remember there being a feature in the lesson library simply showing a “percentage of known words” for each lesson or course.
It wasn’t there in LingQ 3.0 either, so I suppose that it’s been gone for a long time, but I wonder why you guys chose to get rid of it?

When I pick the texts that I’m going to read, I try to base my choice on the percentage of known words which I find is a pretty good indicator of difficulty. I have to somehow compare the total number of words to the number of lingqs + unknown words. It’s doable, but it was much easier back when Lingq did the work for me! Any chance of getting this feature back for the library?

3 Likes

Hi Thomas_dc,
If you click on the “Show more filters” option on the Library page, you will find “New Words Percent” option, and that is where you are still able to filter lessons with percentage of new words you think is best for your studying.

1 Like

Great! But it doesn’t work for courses, only individual lessons. I’d also like to request the possibility to add smaller intervals. The difference between 15% and 25% unknown works is huge in terms of comprehension. - I’m looking for something in between these two.

What I remember (maybe wrongly) was each lesson having it’s new-word percentage written next to it in the library, making it possible to “sort” the lessons (or courses) by this percentage…
Anyway, just a suggestion.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion Thomas, we’ll see what we can do!

1 Like

I also want this, or some form of it. Let’s get the major changes done and see what we can do. Also talk it up on the forum. The problems always is the burden on our systems for all of these calculations and the effect of slowing things down.

1 Like