How to change a lesson's audio file?

Impossible to change the audio file of this lesson

I tried to modify the lesson, to delete it and record it again but the audio file is always the bad one…
Need some help…

Try changing the name of the file. If I use the name of the original file, the original content stays in the LingQ system even though I have changed the content of the file on my computer.

1 Like

Thank you for your help, I’ll give it a try when I’m back home :slight_smile:

The LingQ engine has some problems distinguishing files with the same names. We need to avoid simple file names like 1.mp3 because we may catch an already existing file even from different language.

1 Like

Yes, probably the LingQ team should put this on their bug list, there is definitely something wrong here. Ik had difficulties as well with audio files which had the same name. I never investigated the real problem, but something is wrong.

I changed the file’s name and it’s now working well! Thank you for your help.

1 Like

I changed the file’s name and it’s now working well! Thank you for your help.

Ha! That happened to me today. Thanks for the tip!

I use the other way. I make the lesson to ‘a private lesson’, then I can delete the audifile and finally I add the new audiofile.

Hi Evgueny, it’s what I tried to do first but it didn’t work well. The best way to me had to delete the corrupted file and download the new one with a different title. It seems that the system can’t tell almost similar files apart.