The function "Learn" closes so quickly that I have no time to click on one of the option (lessons, vocabulary..)

The function “Learn” closes so quickly that I have no time to click on one of the option (lessons, vocabulary…)

Yes. I think you are using an iPad.

Clicking on “Exchange” or “Tasks” brings the same problem.

@stimche
Have you ever received any reply about this issue from the support team or something?
I wonder if this Support Forum is invisible to the eyes of the people who are supposed to support us. Is what is essential invisible to the eyes?

@stimche, is this happening while using LingQ on a mobile device? iPad?

I am using an IPad. “Exchange” and “Tasks” are not working too. I sent mail to support few days ago, but I have received no answer.

Hello, we are looking into this today. Thanks for your patience.

Hi Stimche,
I’ve just checked your email, and it seems that our colleague Sam replied to you on the same day when you sent email to us, and he asked you few additional questions about this issue, but never received reply. Please check it one more time. :slight_smile:
We are working on this issue and it should be fixed soon. Thanks for your patience everyone!

I have the same problem on my iPad. It is not possible to open a lesson…
Is there a trick to use Lingq on the iPad?
At the moment I can only use the forum!

I have the same problem on my iPad. It is not possible to open a lesson…
Is there a trick to use Lingq on the iPad?
At the moment I can only use the forum!

The issue started at least ten days ago. When did you notice the malfunction?

Do you suppose that there is a secret trick to using LingQ on your iPad?
You should give your iPad to your friend who has no interest in learning a foreign language.
“Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch’intrate.”

Why do we have to experience software malfunction so often?
Some of the issues caused by this are so serious that we are forced to choose between stopping using our favorite platform and quitting learning a language at LingQ.

Now I cannot start a new thread. I wrote the above comment in the box after clicking on “+ New Thread” on the Open Forum on LingQ page, and clicked on the return key on my iPad. No change on the screen.
I agree with Steve’s comment, which you will see below, but something in the way the site is “administered” is wrong.

"LingQ is an evolving project, slowly growing and constantly looking at how best to provide an ideal language learning environment for the greatest number of users and contributors, all of whom have different needs and expectations. ". https://www.lingq.com/forum/1/37239/

Hi Yutaka,
Problem with Learn, Exchange and Tasks buttons is related to latest iOS update to 8.4.1 version. Only users with that version have this issue and we are working to fix it.
Issue with New Forum Thread is also reported to our developers and it should be fixed soon.

We’ll do our best to to minimize number of bugs in future, sorry once again.

Hi Jolanda,
Sorry about that, it was temporary bug we had on site, and you should be able to open lessons normally again.

If Jolanda should delete her post of this thread, my posts that followed it would disappear immediately. I am confident that she never tries to do so.

Thank you, Zoran.

Cannot create a new thread. This issue is not restricted to the “Open Forum on LingQ”. I have found that I cannot begin a new thread in “Open Forum in English”.

https://www.lingq.com/forum/3/37238/?jump_to=1#post-207675

Hi Yutaka,
We are already familiar with this issue, and it should be fixed soon. Sorry about that!

@zoran
It is still not possible to open a lesson on “safari” the window close to quickly .

New problem: no email from Lingq in the last 24hours.

My settings are ok.

Don’t worry! Take it easy!

Sorry, I did not see your post! Lingq did not send me a email!

:wink:

I have this problem also on the iPad.