Lingq app on iphone

Why i have to log in every time i want to use lingq mobile app? It does not remember my credentials, so i have to do it again and again.
It is very frustrating!

Help.

Thank you.

I agree with you that it’s very frustrating. On the positive side, I’ve entered my password so many times that I’m sure I’ll never forget it!

This does not happen to me. Let’s wait to hear from our tech people to see if they can find out what is happening. Will have to wait until Monday our time. Sorry for inconvenience.

Thank You for quick response.
When i start LingQ app it tries to log in automatically but it fails with message “Autenthication error! Check your username and password”.
After that, i log in manually and everything works as expected.

Regards

That’s what happens to me too. I’ve been assuming that it’s just a continuation of this problem:

Thanks for your messages and apologies for the inconvenience of having to log in every time.

Please let us know which version of the and which iPhone you are using. We will forward your details to our developers and we will hopefully have a fix for you very soon!

Just in case you are not using the latest LingQ version for iOS, please update to version 3.5.2 and check if this fixes your problems.

I’m having this problem on my iPad mini 2, 32GB ram, OS 8.4. I have version 3.5.2 of the app.

It seems that the thech team fix the bug. I just enter to lingq in my iphone and it no longer asks you for your password. Thanks.

That’s good to hear! Thanks for the update.

I have Iphone 5 with ios ver. 8.4 and latest version of Lingq app ver. 3.5.2 and i still have the same problem.

It remains a constant problem for me.

Now have ios ver 8.4.1 and stll have the same problem.
Help!

It does not happen to me. I use it all the time. Actually, I find that the mobile application is the best!

This has been happening to me for a long time now, and it’s still a problem on the Iphone 5s. I have another post on this. Yes, I have the latest IOS, latest LingQ app, etc. I’ve been an LinqQ user for almost 3 years now and it’s within the last year or so that this has been a problem, it wasn’t a problem before. It renders the app more or less unusable off-line, which is the whole point of having the app.

Hello CTaylor,

Apologies for the inconvenience. It’s not ideal, but have you tried removing and reinstalling the app? As we are currently still working on finding the cause of this issue, this has worked for some of our users who reported the same problem.

Please give it a try and let Support at LingQ.com know if it still does not work for you. In the meantime, we will do our best to fix this issue for you.

Best regards,
Sam

Hello zikeron,

Apologies for the unsatisfying app experience. We are aware this is not ideal, but some users have reported that removing and reinstalling the app has fixed their issues with having to enter their credentials over and over again.

Please give it a try and contact Support at LingQ.com if this attempt is not successful. In the meantime we will do our best to find out what causes this issue for some of you and we will try to fix it.

Best regards,
Sam

I did that and the problem still exists but i lost all my playlists.
Is it possible to add whole course in playlist. Now you have to add lesson by lesson which is very time consuming.