LingQ sound not working!

Not working in Chrome or Firefox.

http://screencast.com/t/MVaqv7Gvr

2 Likes

I haven’t checked the podcasts yet, but Flashcards are without sound today.

1 Like

Sound is not working on either the flashcards, or the individual words in the lessons for me. The whole lessons are playing correctly.

Same here. Sounds for LingQs are not working for me.

I’m using the Lingq app btw

The technical team has been informed about this issue. We should be seeing this resolved shortly!

1 Like

dictionary popup doesn’t work either.

Ah - I was wondering if it was just my mobile, but maybe not … text to speech is not working, but I am not getting the ‘text to speech unavailable’ message.

Mine’s not working either.

No sound for me for the past two days.

Same problem here. I am using Firefox.

Help me if you can; I’m feeling down
And I so appreciate hearing the sound
Of Dutch - Oh where, oh where can it be found?
Won’t you please, please help me?

I can’t hear the pronunciation,
So I just can’t do no dictation,
I’ve had my fill of frustration,
So won’t you please, please help me?

Please don’t blink,
I won’t go away,
I need someone from Lingq today,
Won’t you please, please help me?

Thanks John, Paul, George and Ringo…

2 Likes

The sound doesn’t work in all site!!! Please repair it as fast as you can.

1 Like

Things are getting very annoying!

2 Likes

That’s true!
I posted this issue to administrators.

Maybe it’s connected with the removal all automatic texts to speech (TTS) from the lingq.com?
Then it’s better to keep TTS and together with it the sounds for the flashcards.

1 Like

TTS means Text To Speech, right? In my opinion it is one of the power of the site. It should work all time.

You can probably download the audio and play it with your music program (VLC, Windows media player, Itunes…).

You can download the complete audio file of a lesson, but you cannot download the audi files of the exercises found on the Lingqs page: eg., dictatiion, cloze, flashcards, etc. When you click the loudspeaker symbol, you normally hear the word spoken in the target language. This function is no longer active. Without the sound, it is of course impossible to do dictation, an exercise which I found extremely helpful.

1 Like

Anyone got sound yet?

Mine’s not working either.