Having trouble finding someone to help me spend my 500 points

I have been with LingQ for about 10 months. In December I became a paying member. I have been having trouble finding someone (Japanese Native) that can help me with speaking (beginner). I have 500 points. I already lost 500 points because I couldn’t find anyone to speak with even though I tried writing and was unsuccessful at finding anyone. I have two language exchange partners and we both have an agreement to exchange for free. So I can’t count them. I notice that find a tutor has really outdated info about people who look like they are active but apparently aren’t. It has been a few years or more since they had any activity. This is frustrating for someone who doesn’t want to lose points and wasting time writing to people who are no longer active. I feel like once my paid membership is expired I will revert to the free account. I also want a native speaker. I only have 500 points so this isn’t a long term commitment. Hopefully someone out there will be able to help before I give up and lose another 500 points. Thanks for reading. Thank you even more if you respond with some help.

" I have been having trouble finding someone (Japanese Native) that can help me with speaking (beginner). I have 500 points. I already lost 500 points because I couldn’t find anyone to speak with even though I tried writing and was unsuccessful at finding anyone."

I wonder why this can happen. If you cannot find any tutors who help you with your learning, your points are useless in the system of “Exchange”. I believe that the staff of LingQ can do something for you. Solving this kind of thing is more important than continuously “renovating” the appearances of the website.

@Hare49
I have withdrawn my request for correction because there has been no response.
Please disregard the notification from the LingQ server that is supposed to have been sent to you two days ago.