Cannot post a comment

I cannot post a comment on the “Completed Request” page. This problem occurs when I am using the Safari browser of Yosemite although there is no problem on my iPad.

Hi Yutaka,
Would you be able to try another browser on your computer and let us know if you still have this issue? It would be great if we can figure out if this issue is related to Safari browser only.

I still have this issue with both Safari and Chrome browsers for Yosemite.
The return key does not work and the words remain in the box, which will not close .

P.S.
This issue happens when I am using my Mac mini. It doesn’t occur to my MacBook.

I uploaded the screen shot in the first post of this thread.
As I wrote earlier, the return key does not work and the words in the box remain.

P.S.
Now, this issue happens when I am using my Mac mini and MacBook air.
When I reported this issue about a month ago, it was happening only on my Mac mini.

Hi Yutaka,
Is this issue only related to “Completed Requests” or you are not able to post comment at all? Are you able to post comment to anything on your profile page?

I am referring to the page I have accepted from my tutor as the response to “Submit for Correction” on the forum page.

I don’t know if the page belongs to my profile page. It seems to belong to the “My Request” or “Reports” page.
https://www.lingq.com/reports/

The following is another case. In this case, it is not I who posted the request that received several responses. I don’t think it belongs to my “profile” page. I wanted to comment on the responses on the page.

I wrote about this case in another post:

I think this issue is resolved. Thank you.

Again!
The return key does not work and the message I write remains in the box.
What’s going on? (Should I write “What the hell’s going on?”)

OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 is the OS of my Mac mini computer.
Safari is the browser I use on that machine.

P.S.
When I use an iPad mini, this problem does not happen.

Have you noticed this issue? I have been experiencing this issue since August 19th.

Hi Yutaka,
This issue is reported to our development team, and we hope that they will find way to fix this as soon as possible.

Hi again Yutaka,
This issue should be fixed now.

Thank you, Zoran.
I have tested it. It works fine.

Still cannot create a thread.

Today I had a similar problem:
I’ve fulfilled the Exchange Request, I saved it, but I can’t ‘post Response’!
I am pressing several times on this bottom ‘Post Response’, but nothing happens!
I had to copy my corrections and comments on the page of the student - I don’t know another way to response my student.

I have this problem too and some other people too. Some tutors tried to send me some recordings by clicking on “Post Response”, but nothing happened. I tested it by myself by posting response to my second nickname, but I have the problem too :slight_smile:

It doesn’t work fine :frowning: but at least it works.
When posting a comment just now I get “Internal Error” and can click OK. Nothing seems to happen but actually the comment was posted. Twice because I tried twice.
There was no error deleting the superfluous comment though.
I can also update the comment without getting an error.
Safari, mac mini, OS X 10.9.5

I have this problem too :slight_smile:

We are working on it too, should be fixed soon.

Again!
The return key does not work and the message I write remains in the box.

OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 is the OS of my Mac mini computer.
Safari is the browser I use on that machine.

How can this sort of issue happen? Is it because one programmer in charge of one platform is only thinking about it and changes the scripts without thinking about other platforms? I wonder whether there is any coordination between programmers in charge of the maintenance of the LingQ site.