I want to import one book " First German Reader" I am very interested in to Lingq

Hello

As I heard Steve said that if you do not work on things interest you, you won’t learn anything. I have a book in German which I am very interested in, and I would like to import it here and stat listening and reading it on LIngq.

The issue is that I have the physical book but not the PDF and I am not sure if there is PDF for it for free or not.

1- I am asking how can I listen to it while there is no any Audio ( I am sure ) for the book to import it here?

2- How can I read it while I do not find any PDF for it to import it here ?

Thank you

If it is this book: http://www.amazon.de/First-German-Reader-Beginners-Dual-Language/dp/0486461793 you should leave it as it is. Read the comments for example "Classic german Text and poetry that is not only too complex for beginners it also contains considerable amounts of classical language which is of no practical use to someone trying to gets to grips with the modern language. Form my point of view this is truly a misguided book " or “The introduction claims that “First German Reader is truly a beginners’ book. It may be started after two or three weeks of experience with an introductory book to German.” I couldn’t possibly disagree more. You really should have a few years of classroom experience under your belt before attempting it.” There is enough appropriate beginner material here on LingQ available that you can use instead.

Your question “1- I am asking how can I listen to it while there is no any Audio ( I am sure ) for the book to import it here?”
There is no way to listen to it if it doesn’t come with an audio CD or MP3 files.
P.S. If you have the text you can ask people to record it for you, but you probably have to pay for it or you use text-to-speech software.

Your question “2- How can I read it while I do not find any PDF for it to import it here ?”
There are different options.

• You can scan the book and use an OCR program to get the text.
  • You type the texts on your own. This is what I did for French. This helped me a lot regarding spelling and memorizing words.