Personal requests on Exchange page

Hi,

I saw a post being posted as personal request on Exchange page.
I thought that personal requests weren’t supposed to go public, and everyone else but the person who posted could’t see it.

Thank you.

I wonder if it happens after you change your public request to a private one.
I suppose that his or her correction request was originally made as a public one.

I couldn’t prove my theory to be true. I made a public request and after a while changed it to a private one. I see that it is treated as a private one now.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. I wasn’t able to reproduce this issue, I can’t see any private requests on Exchange. Did you noticed this only once with only one request, or this happened multiple times?

The above page was being shown on the Exchange page as a “private” request for a while. I suppose Yukiko was referring to that.

P.S.
“Private” should read “Personal”, although there is no such option on the Exchange page.

As far as I know, once you make a request publicly, even if you later change it to a private request, under certain conditions, it remains to be public; that is, other members can read and import the corrected text.

I don’t see the post as private request. Maybe the page doesn’t says that anymore because the request has been completed.

I have noticed this only once with only one request, but I don’t check the Exchange page regularly. I’ll send you a private message about the post that I saw.

I hope that it is fixed soon. Thank you, Yutaka.

Thanks Yutaka and Yukiko! I’ll report this and we will do our best to get this fixed soon.

2 Likes

All requests, Personal or Open are visible to everyone by default. In order for a request to be private, you must change the post status from Public to Private. This is the same control that exists for all posts on the Exchange.

1 Like

Is this a private request or a public one?
I can see both terms at the moment.

“. . . - 3 hours, 26 minutes ago - Public
o this is the case…
Requested: Writing Correction Audio Recording”

Personal Request
Points available: 636”

P.S.
"All requests, Personal or Open are visible to everyone by default. "
I wonder what the word “personal” means in the above context. In other words, what is the difference between Personal Request and Public Request?
In addition to this, I wonder how responses to requests are treated.
Are responses by tutors also supposed to be visible and “importable” to everyone, even if they are responses to “Personal Requests”?

Is it true that “once you make a request publicly, even if you later change it to a private request, under certain conditions, it remains to be public; that is, other members can read and import the corrected text.” as Yutaka said?

I don’t want my pieces of writing to go public when I wanted to make a “personal” request as “private”, but accidentally posted it as “public” and everyone can see it even after changing it as “private”. :frowning:

The choice is only between “Public Request” and "Private Request* on the Exchange page. There is no option of “Personal Request”.
If there were an option of “personal request”, what would a “non-private personal request” be?

I wonder what “Open Request” on the Exchange page means. If it means a not-closed request, what is the difference between an open request and a public one?

Exactly. Many of us understood it that way.

I looked at the post again on the Exchange page that I created this thread for, and realized that it was a personal request being shown as “public”. I had never seen a “personal request”post on the Exchange page, so I mistook the “personal”request for private. I am sorry about that!

I still would like to know about what Yutaka has brought up.
If we made a personal request posted as public and changed/posted it as private later, is the post still visible to everyone?

Thank you.

Private
Personal
Public
Open

I wonder how these words are used on the Exchange page.