Ipad

Does Lingq work any differently on an ipad? I’m considering buying one.

As the iPad does not support Flash content, the audio player does not work. But you can click on download button (the green one), the audio will then played in a special quicktime browser window on the iPad. Downloads are also not possible. You must download audios on your normal computer and synchronize the audio files via iTunes with your iPad. Then you can listen to them on the iPad within the iPad audio player. Another option is of course the iLingQ app, but you must be a paying LingQ subscriber to use this app.

Today I have just found that thanks to “Skype Recorder”, we can record the conversations of Skype on iPad (or iPhone). I feel this application helps me a lot when I don’t have my computer while going out or when I don’t want to start up it. Furthermore, this device works very well.
We just need a wireless network to navigate pages.

“Another option is of course the iLingQ app, but you must be a paying LingQ subscriber to use this app.”

Not any longer. The app was recently made available to everybody, but with some limitations (and ads) for free users.

Yes, I worked out today that I can open the lesson in Safari, make LingQs, then listen on the app.