No audio playback of individual words in FireFox or IE

I can play audio for the lesson transcripts, but when I click on the audio for individual words (in the right hand panel) there is no sound. Same results for Japanese and Spanish in both Firefox and Internet Explorer. Thanks!

I have exactly the same problem with my English Flashcards- there is no sound. I used Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome - but the problem still exist.

@ChristinaK, xmariusz - Sorry about this! Our team is looking into the issues with audio and we hope to have a fix ready soon!

I’ve gotten the individual word audio in the definition pane to work but still NO LUCK with the transcript audio.

Firefox 26 error console is: HTTP “Content-Type” of “audio/mpeg” is not supported. Load of media resource http://media.lingq.com.s3.amazonaws.com/resources/contents/audio/2007/06/16/Steves-Erklaerung-neu__.mp3 failed.

It looks like Mozilla has reversed its stupid decision to rollout their java blocklist. Hopefully all will return to normal in short time. Too bad we all can’t bill the Firefox coders for the millions of user hours spent trying to figure out what happened?

@Dezugre - Thanks for the additional info regarding Firefox. We’ll take a closer look into this to see if there is anything we can do on our end in the meantime!

this has been working fine for me now in Firefox. Thanks tech team for sorting it out.

It makes no longer really fun to work with LingQ.

For me, it is not possible to change to another explorer as IE, because a lot of other things wouldn’t work.
Therefore, I installed Firefox, but not as standard, but only for LingQ.
Now, if I receive a message from LingQ, I cannot only click on this for reading.

I even don’t have a sound in the vocabulary.

You know, I am a little an older person and not so familiar with all the computer things. You know, perhaps, too, that I am one of the oldest user from LingQ, but it is more and more difficult to cope with this program. Each update makes it more complicate.
One example: I have to click on “i” for getting the audio in the lesson. How can a new member know that he or she has to do this? It was easier to see the bar with the loudspeaker sign!
Till now, I could not yet find the way to save a new word in the lesson, and much more.

I don’t know the plans for LingQ, but I think not using IE can be a problem for many other people, too.

@Irene777 - When using Firefox, be sure to download the latest Flash player. You can do so by going here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Once you have updated Flash hopefully audio should work properly.

Change does make things a little uncomfortable at first, but change is what helps LingQ continue to grow. If LingQ had not been updated since 2008 or 2009 we wouldn’t have the same number of members as we do today as our site would not attract as many people as it does today. The core functionality has not changed, and to save a new word you need just click it then select a user hint on the right. The interface has been refined, but the way you use the site shouldn’t have changed much.

If you have any other issues be sure to let us know!

@Alex
Audio is working now, but how I wrote before, I cannot use Firefox as standard, because I would have other problems which I cannot solve myself.
Now, I cannot come quickly to the right place, when a message comes in my email box :frowning:
I use Firefox as second browser, and so, I can only bring some important Links as favorite.

Another question:
A friend asked me about the costes and the different between Basic and Premium and so on, and I can no longer find the place where it is to see. Can you help me?

Irene, try http://www.lingq.com/accounts/account/

@spatterson
I tried to use the link but after two and a halve minute I got the message “error”
It lasts long time to use LingQ and to come from one part to another one.

Here’s a copy of the text

$ 0/mo
Downgrade

5 Imported Lessons

20 LingQs

50% Points Discount

3000 Points / month

Unlimited Import/Export Vocabulary

Flashcard iPhone App
Plus
    Cloze Tests
    Import Bookmarklet
    Ad Free

Premium

$ 10/mo
Selected

Unlimited Imported Lessons

Unlimited LingQs

50% Points Discount

3000 Points / month

Flashcard & iLingQ iPhone Apps
Plus
    Cloze Tests
    Import Bookmarklet
    Ad Free

Premium Plus

$ 39/mo
Upgrade Now

Unlimited Imported Lessons

Unlimited LingQs

50% Points Discount

3000 Points / month

Flashcard & iLingQ iPhone Apps
Plus
    Cloze Tests
    Import Bookmarklet
    Ad Free

@Irene777 - Which browser are you now using as your main browser?

Do you mean that when you click links in an email they open up in Firefox and you would like them to open up in another browser?