German verbs and Lingqs

Do you have any tips on how to create lingqs for German verbs that are composed of the separate words.

For example, in a text, it’s written “schaffen Nahrung heran”, which is the verb “heranschaffen”. Or “ausbessern” which in a sentence is split in “bessern das Nest aus”.

As far as I know there is really only one way witch would be to lingq the whole phrase I don’t like that so, what I do is that I tag the verbs as tren. (short for trennbaren verben) and go through them at some point in flashcards. I have mostly encounter separable verbs in their infinitive for those I would just tag and put the translation in the hint box. but if I would take one of your sample sentences I would do it like this.

I would click on the word bessern and put the meaning of the word bessern i it without aus, then I would click on the yellow + button to create I new hint box and write (ausbessern) and the meaning and finally I would tag the verb bessern as tren. Then when I go through them I can see that bessern also has a separable verb form as well.

You can add more remarks in the notes and use them, for example:
bessern - to righten sth.
ausbessern - to make a repair
verbessern - to improve sth.
aufbessern - to polish sth. up

For „Schaffen“ the following separable verbs came to my mind, but I was too lazy for looking up the translations:
Schaffen
heranschaffen
abschaffen
wegschaffen
beschaffen
(There could be more)

Ich dachte, dass wir im Deutschen Forum möglichst Deutsch schreiben sollen. Das ist doch für Deutsch Lernende eine gute Gelegenheit, sich zu üben - ODER?

Die Hilfe, sich Verben als “trennbar” zu markieren ist sicher nicht schlecht. In der deutschen Sprache gibt es jedoch unendlich viele solche Verben. Ich denke sogar, mehr als nicht trennbare.
Es hilft eigentlich nur, möglichst viel zu lesen, um mehr und mehr ein Gefühl dafür zu bekommen.

Eine andere Möglichkeit ist natürlich immer, hier im Forum nach Hilfe zu fragen, wie du es hier auch getan hast :slight_smile:

In der Regel halten wir es so, dass wir auf Deutsch antworten, wenn jemand auf Deutsch fragt und auf Englisch antworten, wenn jemand auf Englisch fragt. Ich gehe dann davon aus, dass derjenige nicht gut genug Deutsch spricht. Der Fragende hat hier gerade einmal 220 bekannte Wörter und würde sicher eine Antwort auf Deutsch nicht verstehen.

1 Like

da hast du auch wieder Recht, Vera :slight_smile:
Darauf habe ich allerdings nicht geachtet.
Einen schönen Sonntag!
Grüße
Irene

Danke, wünsche ich Dir auch :slight_smile:

Liebe Grüße
Vera

Danke Veral fûr ihren Antworte. Entschuldigen für mein englisch Frage, ich spricht nur ein wenig Deutsch.

1 Like

Englisch ist kein Problem :slight_smile: Nur mit anderen Sprachen wird es schwierig für mich. Viel Erfolg beim Deutsch lernen.

2 Likes

Verbs are the easiest thing about german grammar. Not easy, but a little less difficult than articles and cases.

I bet you have not done much practice of listening comprehension, trying to link up the separated components of a verb in a split second.

Just try to listen to a news bulletin, you will understand what I mean.